Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Special editions

Started by Vae_Victis, Aug 03, 2018, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vae_Victis

Hi everyone,

I recently started to buy the albums by the Deftones and I'd like to ask what album have any kind of "special edition" and where I can find them.

Another thing: I recently bought Saturday Night Wrist, but I noticed that it is sort of censored (for example the song "Pink Cellphone" lacks of the final part). So I would like to ask if that's the only version of the album or if it's possible to find an "uncensored" version. Also, did they censor other albums too?

Thanks in advance to everyone!

buddyboy101

Yo!  Let's see...

Adrenaline and ATF - I believe there are only standard editions

White Pony - several versions.  I would try to find the red or black versions (whichever is cheaper), as they feature Boys Republic.  The grey is identical but does not include Boys Republic so I would skip it.  The white also does not have Boys Republic, but adds the song Back to School as the track opener, which nobody on planet Earth appreicated lol.  But it's the only way to snag the song on CD I believe.  I believe all versions have enhanced content on the CD (pictures, a game, some rehearsal video)

Self Titled - only 1 edition, and I believe all discs have enhanced content, which is definitely worth checking out (each band member profiled, pics, etc.)

B-Sides/Rarities - only 1 edition pretty sure, I believe every unit includes both the CD and DVD.  The CD features the tracks, while DVD features their music videos for singles and some live footage too.  Definitely worth checking out!!

SNW - only 1 edition, and yes there is an uncensored version, but not sure why you would want to hear that nonsense on Pink Cellphone!  The rest of the song is pretty good though lol

Diamond Eyes - I believe only 1 CD edition, but the iTunes release has three covers I believe.  The three covers were also released on the band's Covers album, which is a compilation of some songs from B-Sides/Rarities and the three Diamond Eyes cover. 

KNY - only 1 edition

Gore - only 1 edition

Regarding censoring, I can't recall which ones were censored besides SNW.  I seem to remember the band changing the lyrics in the booklet to get around some censorship issues. 

Vae_Victis

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Aug 03, 2018, 05:08 PM
White Pony - several versions.  I would try to find the red or black versions (whichever is cheaper), as they feature Boys Republic.  The grey is identical but does not include Boys Republic so I would skip it.  The white also does not have Boys Republic, but adds the song Back to School as the track opener, which nobody on planet Earth appreicated lol.  But it's the only way to snag the song on CD I believe.  I believe all versions have enhanced content on the CD (pictures, a game, some rehearsal video)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that this I already knew (so, sorry for the extra work. Much appreciated though!).

About SNW I don't know.. I just listened today to the censored version and I had the feeling that something was missing. I just want the whole thing as it was thought, I suppose.
Anyway, I'll try and look for the uncensored CD and, if it's not too expensive, I think I'll buy it.

I understand that there are only one version for the remaining phisical CDs, so I just hope I won't find any other censored CD.

Finally, I just want to thank you so very much for your reply, you have been extremely kind and exhaustive! thank you so much!

illthrowROCKS@U

I wish the "censored version" of Pink Cellphone was the only version. Would have made it a nice little interlude.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

buddyboy101

Quote from: Vae_Victis on Aug 03, 2018, 08:28 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that this I already knew (so, sorry for the extra work. Much appreciated though!).

About SNW I don't know.. I just listened today to the censored version and I had the feeling that something was missing. I just want the whole thing as it was thought, I suppose.
Anyway, I'll try and look for the uncensored CD and, if it's not too expensive, I think I'll buy it.

I understand that there are only one version for the remaining phisical CDs, so I just hope I won't find any other censored CD.

Finally, I just want to thank you so very much for your reply, you have been extremely kind and exhaustive! thank you so much!

Glad to help, hope you track down what you are looking for!

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Aug 15, 2018, 05:20 PM
I wish the "censored version" of Pink Cellphone was the only version. Would have made it a nice little interlude.

haha seriously, i'm surprised warner let them to release the uncensored version

aj

But it's the only way to snag the song on CD I believe.  I believe all versions have enhanced content on the CD (pictures, a game, some rehearsal video)

B-Sides/Rarities - only 1 edition pretty sure, I believe every unit includes both the CD and DVD.  The CD features the tracks, while DVD features their music videos for singles and some live footage too.  Definitely worth checking out

Back to School has a separate EP issued in Europe and Japan so there are two other ways to get hold of on CD.

And there was a special version of B sides and rarities which included a dVd of all music videos to that date and special packaging

buddyboy101

Quote from: aj on Aug 16, 2018, 10:15 PM
But it's the only way to snag the song on CD I believe.  I believe all versions have enhanced content on the CD (pictures, a game, some rehearsal video)

B-Sides/Rarities - only 1 edition pretty sure, I believe every unit includes both the CD and DVD.  The CD features the tracks, while DVD features their music videos for singles and some live footage too.  Definitely worth checking out

Back to School has a separate EP issued in Europe and Japan so there are two other ways to get hold of on CD.

And there was a special version of B sides and rarities which included a dVd of all music videos to that date and special packaging

OP is asking about the albums specifically.   My point was that of all the editions of White Pony, only the white one has "Back to School" proper. 

Regarding B-Sides & Rarities, I have never seen a non-special edition (i.e. one without the DVD). 

aj

I may be wrong as I have a bad memory!

With B sides and rarities, was there a standard edition in a plastic jewel case and then a special version that was more of a booklet?

buddyboy101

Quote from: aj on Aug 17, 2018, 11:03 PM
I may be wrong as I have a bad memory!

With B sides and rarities, was there a standard edition in a plastic jewel case and then a special version that was more of a booklet?

Ahh yes, I believe it was later released in a jewel case with the CD/DVD :)