Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Drunk and/or Stoned

Started by thanx4knives, Jan 11, 2004, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

is anyone here still smoking weed btw? I think last weekend or the one before that I considered to buy some, but didn't. I'd probably smoke half of a joint, start a Simpsons episode and fall asleep in the middle of it.

lostpilot

Well, I am, mostly daily

black coffee

Couldn't you fall asleep without it, does it help you to get creative to make music or why do you do it every day?

I am not judging since I also smoked weed every day for years. But at some point it annoyed me that I wasted so much money for weed and equipment ( tobacco, papers, filters ) and I wanted to change that. Also its rather potent stuff here, so I usually didn't get a creative high but more a couch potato high ;)

Penicks

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 21, 2014, 02:21 PM
Well, I am, mostly daily

idiot

"B-B-BUT MUH ANXIETY AND MUH ARTISTIC EXPRESSIONZ"

you're an idiot

lostpilot

Quote from: Penicks on Apr 21, 2014, 03:36 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 21, 2014, 02:21 PM
Well, I am, mostly daily

idiot

"B-B-BUT MUH ANXIETY AND MUH ARTISTIC EXPRESSIONZ"

you're an idiot

baby I know it
to be fair I think you are still seeing me through the lense of what I was rather than what I am now.

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 21, 2014, 03:11 PM
Couldn't you fall asleep without it, does it help you to get creative to make music or why do you do it every day?

I am often surrounded with idiots and jerks since I work in retail for three years now. It's a mental torture and this is what I choose to relieve my stress and chill my runny thoughts out. I have no trouble sleeping with or without it and construct most of my music sober, high times are just for improvising and some out of the box ideas.

black coffee

So what about off days, why is it necessary to smoke then? ;)

I believe its important to make it clear for ourselves that we never need it, and that something is not right when we believe we do.
And being frustrated with your job and compensating that with weed doesn't sound like a good concept to be honest, because what if you're going to do that job for 40 more years?

Thats also why I wanted to know why you do it every day, because over the years I heard lots of different stories as to why people smoke weed, be it the sleeping in thing, weed being the only thing that would help someone to relax or to be creative.

lostpilot

You've got a point there.

In a couple of months I will have a drastic change in my life and I intend to quit both nicotine and weed. I have a great support system going so I think I will be juuuust fine. And you know, I've had a couple of really good and successful years in my life, I am truly happy and the most satisfying thought is when I realise that I am content, happy and in control when sober. It only makes sense to quit right now :)

black coffee

No need to justify yourself, I am just a stranger on a message board who is curious about things ;)

At last let me say the following, this "i'll make drastic changes in a couple months" is just a delay of making real decisions, as there is no such thing as THE perfect day to quit. You will not be fine, you are fine already.

Now its time to mind my own business and head back to my treetop to observe the forest.

lostpilot

I think I am justifying myself to myself as this is a process of healing. And I'm always open for a discussion, SO YEAH.

black coffee

A concussion or wound needs to heal. Telling yourself you need to heal, means you believe you are being sick and I don't quite understand.

Also this feels feels more like a Q&A than a discussion ^_^ But I find that very interesting still. Maybe I should quit my job and start studying something like psychology. Would definitely be more interesting than my shit office job.

lostpilot

Shit office jobs are the best.

By healing I mean fixing my coping mechanism. Right now it is flawed and I'd rather shift it towards sport or healthier things :)

black coffee

To me the big joke is, I am staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day at work and it annoys me... and then I go home and spend more hours staring at a screen, only difference is I am not using office programs and such, but play xbox or watch tv series. So whenever people told me in the past "you're wasting your life away high on the couch"... now I am like, I do the same things sober in my free time. And in the evenings I am often too lazy to go for a run or to the gym, but sometimes it just has to be. So if you're asking me, this coping mechanism is flawed stuff is just an excuse not to do sports and rather stick to old habits.

black coffee

Also, my new found wisdom scares me, and theres this voice in my head telling me "go buy a sixpack of beer and a few grams of weed. You know you love that". And I'm like OKAY I'll consider it.

lostpilot

Do you have a SPECIAL SOMEONE?

Corleone

Havent smoked in 8 months, thats a long time since I smoked almost daily for 10 years. Anyway I feel great.

Penicks

good job corleone mah nigga

black coffee

Been single for almost half a year now. How come you ask? ^_^

@corleone did you quit for good or is it more of a longer break or something?

bebo

black coffee