Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fair To Midland

Started by Eye-Sack, Oct 09, 2006, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decapod

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 12, 2011, 04:43 AM
really liked the production on the last cd, and this is definitely better than that.  The guitars are sooo crunchy in uh-oh

I cannot get the main riff out of my head!

alvarezbassist17

i have noticed the rip i downloaded (even though it says 256kbps) clips at the loud cymbal, kick and guitar hits. Anyone wanna do their own rip when they get it? I'm not gonna be able to get the hard copy for a few days here.

decapod

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jul 12, 2011, 06:27 AM
i have noticed the rip i downloaded (even though it says 256kbps) clips at the loud cymbal, kick and guitar hits. Anyone wanna do their own rip when they get it? I'm not gonna be able to get the hard copy for a few days here.

Seconded. I know that the cd will sound light years better than the web rip.

alvarezbassist17

Ah, a web rip, that'd explain it.  i found another one that's tagged MTD but they're both 105 MB for the rar, so I'm guessing it's just a scene version of the web rip.

fuck it, i just ordered it.  i'll upload a 320kbps version in a few hours

alvarezbassist17

decapod

theis

Got my physical release of the album today.

Fantastic album.

Not as easy to get into as Fables, but that's far from a bad thing.

Edit: The album version of Rikki Tikki Tavi sounds a thousand times more awesome than on the demo. Love the extended screaming part and that his scream is much deeper here.

Jacob

Rikki is still my favorite, after hearing all the new songs many times. that songs is just too awesome for words. and I like it even more when listening to the entire album. the transition from Short-Haired Tornado, through The Upset At Bailey Ridge and into Rikki is unbelievable.

other favorites are Uh-Oh, Loophole, Musical Chairs and Amarillo.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

decapod

Quote from: theis on Jul 13, 2011, 12:25 AM
Got my physical release of the album today.

Fantastic album.

Not as easy to get into as Fables, but that's far from a bad thing.

Edit: The album version of Rikki Tikki Tavi sounds a thousand times more awesome than on the demo. Love the extended screaming part and that his scream is much deeper here.

Hows the artwork in the liner notes? Still waiting on my cd.... PATIENTLY I might add.

theis

Not much artwork.

Only a fold-out picture of the band.

Listened to the album 4 times today.

Favorites so far: Whiskey, Uh-Oh, Amarillo, Rikki, Golden Parachutes, The Greener Grass.

Not a single weak song, though.

Pretty flawless album.

Jacob

here's Pour The Coal To 'Er, the b-side you get on iTunes and with the digipak:

Fair to Midland - Pour the Coal to 'er - Album version

one of the best songs on the album imo.

alvarezbassist17

WTF. Do you know if there's a code for that in the CD or something?  I don't have it on me, but if there isn't something in the CD that gives you that song, I'll be pretty pissy... and then I'll steal it.

Jacob

I actually have no idea. from my understanding it's on the iTunes version as the last song, and likewise on the digipak version you can order from Season of Mist. I ordered that one but have yet to receive it in the mail, so I really can't tell you more than that. I've looked around for a good rip but haven't found one yet.

btw, this release has been pretty chaotic it seems. a lot of people haven't received their Season of Mist pre-orders yet, and the label decided the last second not to press any vinyls for us who pre-ordered a bundle including a vinyl copy. cheap bastards. to add salt to the wound, the posters that were to come with the bundles weren't done in time and will be shipped later.

can't blame the band though. yet another label who likes to screw over bands and their fans.

alvarezbassist17

Yeah, there isn't a code or anything in the CD case.  That's pretty weak.  I've been looking around too, but to no avail.  I've got my buddy checking his private torrent site, he should get back to me soon.

theis

I got the digipak from amazon.co.uk. Limited to first pressing, apparently.

The bonus track is on this release.

alvarezbassist17

hook it up preez? :)

edit: der found it

http://www.wupload.com/file/55284050

from_musings

was about to listen to the album from start to finish. but got no further than uh-oh.i'm stuck there having it on repeat. song's amazing with a tail. fuck

edit: but then i got through it. the replay button was my bitch there for a while.my favourite songs are uh oh, pur the coal to 'er and short haired tornado. great record over all.

amarillo sounds a lot like the band 16 horsepower in the verse.compare the vibe and vocals in amarillo to the song "ruthie lingle" or "black soul choir" for example.

when i listen to rikki tikki, it sounds like a system of a down song at times. especially from 1:20 - 2:20. that kills it a little for me. even heard a strokes riff in tornado i think, but maybe i've had too much coffee

Oldnewtype

I just found out my friends band is opening for Fair To Midland in New Orleans, thats fucking awesome. I'm not really a big fan of his band, very radio-rock, but I might have to go.

POLTERN KINDER - Drown

from_musings

doesn't pour the coal to 'er sound a lot like dredg in the verse? (when dredg was good) i think so.
also,to use a girl choir reminds me of the beginning of the song pariah, although dredg's choir was by kids.

really great song regardless

Jacob

yeah, Pour The Coal always reminds me of Dredg. but in general, I kinda consider FTM to be what Dredg could've become. they have a lot of similarities, especially in the old days.

actually, I usually say that, for me, FTM has filled the hole Dredg left.