Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fair To Midland

Started by Eye-Sack, Oct 09, 2006, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Shit, that song is siiiiick!

Jacob

Quote from: stapezee on Feb 24, 2010, 06:22 PM
Damn, that sounds sick.  I guess I never really gave this band a fair chance.  Which album should I start with?  Seems like a lot of u guys really dig them!  

I say start with the latest record (Fable From A Mayfly), it's the best produced and easiest to get into. then move on the inter.funda.stifle which contains earlier versions of some of the songs from Fable plus a few other really amazing songs. personally I don't like their first album that much (The Carbon Copy Silver Lining), as it's pretty different from the later stuff and his voice isn't as amazing as it is nowadays. but if you really like the other stuff, you should take a listen and judge for yourself.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Jacob

Quote from: theis on Feb 24, 2010, 06:23 PM

indeed. if the final version sound anything close to the demo, it'll probably end up being my favorite FTM song.

btw, if anyone knows how to make an mp3 rip from that video, please do so and I will be forever thankful.

E-Money

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 24, 2010, 06:26 PM
Quote from: stapezee on Feb 24, 2010, 06:22 PM
Damn, that sounds sick.  I guess I never really gave this band a fair chance.  Which album should I start with?  Seems like a lot of u guys really dig them! 

I say start with the latest record (Fable From A Mayfly), it's the best produced and easiest to get into. then move on the inter.funda.stifle which contains earlier versions of some of the songs from Fable plus a few other really amazing songs. personally I don't like their first album that much (The Carbon Copy Silver Lining), as it's pretty different from the later stuff and his voice isn't as amazing as it is nowadays. but if you really like the other stuff, you should take a listen and judge for yourself.

Thank u Jacob, I definitely will check them out.  That song in that crash video already caught my attention.

devlin

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 24, 2010, 06:27 PM
Quote from: theis on Feb 24, 2010, 06:23 PM

indeed. if the final version sound anything close to the demo, it'll probably end up being my favorite FTM song.

btw, if anyone knows how to make an mp3 rip from that video, please do so and I will be forever thankful.

Listentoyoutube.com

"Enter the URL from any YouTube page, and this application will quickly retrieve the Flash video file and extract the audio as a downloadable MP3. "

Jacob

thanks, I'll try that. I tried some other similar page but all I got was an mp3 on 0kb. searched around some more and the next page I found tried to give me a trojan...

theis

Hey Jacob, do you have the reissue of inter.funda.stifle?

If yes, could you upload it? That'd be awesome.

Jacob

I have the physical copy, yes. I'll see if I can rip and upload it, but that won't be until sunday or monday (going away for the weekend). if you haven't found it by then I'll try to sort it out.

devlin

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 25, 2010, 03:18 PM
thanks, I'll try that. I tried some other similar page but all I got was an mp3 on 0kb. searched around some more and the next page I found tried to give me a trojan...

I've used this site before with any problems. hopefully it works for you.

Jacob

well, I'm certainly not gonna try it here at work again. I went to the website and clicked to paste the url of the video, and an ad for Fuckbook pops up and plays ridiculously loud music and has a video of some girl stripping. not exactly safe for work.

devlin

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 25, 2010, 06:01 PM
well, I'm certainly not gonna try it here at work again. I went to the website and clicked to paste the url of the video, and an ad for Fuckbook pops up and plays ridiculously loud music and has a video of some girl stripping. not exactly safe for work.

LOL! i didn't have any ads like that. i feel cheated.

theis

Quote from: theis on Feb 25, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Jacob, do you have the reissue of inter.funda.stifle?

If yes, could you upload it? That'd be awesome.

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 25, 2010, 03:37 PM
I have the physical copy, yes. I'll see if I can rip and upload it, but that won't be until sunday or monday (going away for the weekend). if you haven't found it by then I'll try to sort it out.

Bump! :D

Jacob

oh shit man, I totally forgot that. I'll see what I can do!

theis

For those interested; the four new songs that leaked last year. CD quality. "Musical Chairs" "Rikki Tikki Tavi" "A Loophole in Limbo" and "Bright Bulbs and Sharp Tools"

320kbps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gn542485un7vo6w

Starz

mr.sinister

theis

No problem! I found them by coincidence and my first thought was that it was probably just youtube rips. I was pleasantly surprised.

I seriously haven't been listening to much else these last two days than those four songs, haha.

Jizzlobber

Yeah i quite like this band...this is the kind of stuff i want to listen to :)
<

mr.sinister

New song...sorta. The final studio version of Musical Chairs has been made available and they have set June 14th as their release date for their upcoming album, Arrows and Anchors

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/fair-to-midland-premiere-musical-chairs-on-artistdirect-com/8771795