Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fair To Midland

Started by Eye-Sack, Oct 09, 2006, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: An bád dubh on Oct 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
Such an amazing band.

Anyone  have their first album The Carbon Copy Silver Lining?
I'd love to hear it as well.

it's pretty bad. nothing like the other two albums. sounds more like uninspired nu-metal with some proggressive alt-rock influences. and the singer is far from as good as he is now.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

An bád dubh

Quote from: aenemic on Oct 26, 2007, 08:50 PM
Such an amazing band.

it's pretty bad. nothing like the other two albums. sounds more like uninspired nu-metal with some proggressive alt-rock influences. and the singer is far from as good as he is now.
Ah, alright, thanks for the Info man. I'm gonna go see them in Amsterdam on the November 25th and I'm wondering if they play some stuff from that album in their live shows nowadays....?

mr.sinister

this band is very good. their singer has an extremely unique voice.

An bád dubh

Quote from: aenemic on Oct 26, 2007, 08:50 PM
Such an amazing band.

I would actually still love to hear this album, even though it would suck immensely. So if anyone would be nice enough to upload it, thanks!

An bád dubh

So I saw Fair To Midland yesterday in Amsterdam, they opened for Serj Tankian in a pretty cool location at Melkveg.

Firstly, I gotta say that the singer has an amazing voice! Damn, even live he was able to hit all the notes and make it even better, well, at times he was spazzing out so much that I couldn really concentrate on the singing that much, fun to look at  8) Oh, and he was distorting his voice in a lot of songs by pushing his throat with his fist. The band played the new album all the way through, it was great.

The crowd was... well, not that much love for Fair To Midland, they seemed to be there to see Serj and Serj only. And about Serj, he was pretty alright, the new album sounded quite good live. But yeah, the crowd went wild for Serj, I kinda went quiet for Serj. It was nice to see him but Fair To Midland blew Serj and his whole band out of the water really.

But anywyas, it was fucking awesome to see this badn live!

mr.sinister

Hey does anybody have the song,

"An Honest Conman"

There's a studio version of it. Can any of you help me?

Jacob

sorry, haven't even heard of it.

I'm really hoping for a new album soon. they're probably still touring for the last one, but damnit I need new FTM. and they need to come back to Sweden, this time as the main act. I found them just when they were gonna play here but they were opening for Dir En Grey and I really didn't feel like buying a ticket for the opening act only.

mr.sinister

Go to iTunes and preview the track its amazing. It is a b-side off "Fables From A Mayfly." I bought the album at FYE for 15 bucks over the summer and they expect me to pay on iTunes 10 bucks more for just one song? Thats highway robbery.

Starz

Quote from: aenemic on May 16, 2008, 07:24 AM
sorry, haven't even heard of it.

I'm really hoping for a new album soon. they're probably still touring for the last one, but damnit I need new FTM. and they need to come back to Sweden, this time as the main act. I found them just when they were gonna play here but they were opening for Dir En Grey and I really didn't feel like buying a ticket for the opening act only.

Haha I did this. They were supporting Johnny Panic at their first ever overseas gig here in London and I payed the money to watch them and then went home when they finished. It was well worth the 30 minutes

theis

any news on a new album?

I WANT ONE! NOW!

black coffee

theis

what is that? a new song?

Jacob

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 01, 2008, 07:07 PM
what is that? a new song?

it's a b-side from the latest album. and one of their best songs imo.

thanks a lot for the upload!

theis

theis

flawless performance of "kyla cries cologne".

[youtube=425,350]yn64iAtx4IU[/youtube]

fucking awesome.

mr.sinister

Jacob

hm, I noticed something interesting. I downloaded Fables From a Mayfly from here a long time ago and have been listening to it A LOT ever since. but when I downloaded it to my work computer last week I found another upload. and on this one there's another version of the song Vice/Versa. which I suspect is the actual final version supposed to be on the ablum, because on my old download I had the same version as on Inter.Funa.Stifle.

not that it really matters, but it feels weird having listened to that song so many times (in fact, it's my favorite song off of the album) and suddenly realizing it's not the "right" version. and considering I downloaded it from here I suspect that maybe someone else on here has got the same version as me.

in the end though, I like the old version of the song better. it sound more clean and less overproduced. it feels like they took a perfectly good song and tried to make it even better, which just couldn't be done.

4th Eye

I downloaded Fables from a Mayfly from different source and apparently half of its songs are from the earlier album.

Jacob

Quote from: 4th Eye on Jun 15, 2008, 02:10 PM
I downloaded Fables from a Mayfly from different source and apparently half of its songs are from the earlier album.

yeah, most of the songs were already written and recorded on Inter.Funda.Stifle, but in different versions. the new versions are all better, except for Vice/Versa.

4th Eye

I also downloaded Inter.Funda.Stifle, just haven't had time to really listen to it yet but I need to get the real version of Fables from a Mayfly. Anyone willing to upload?