Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fair To Midland

Started by Eye-Sack, Oct 09, 2006, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Jacob

those are amazing. I especially like Amarillo, it works really well like this. makes it sound even more grunge than it already did.

and Darroh's on fucking top, man. I think I'm beginning to have gay feelings for him.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Yeah, Amarillo really stands out. His voice is unreal in that performance.

Starz

So yeah, not had internet in a while as have been moving into a new flat with my brother. But the new album has been on repeat non-stop for the past week now, really can't get enough of it

from_musings

a loophole in limbo and bright bulbs were two tracks that really grew on me. the hits on this album are packed like sardines

Starz

Just read the 2K's out of 5K's review Kerrang gave it. They said they sound like Evanesence eurghh. Gaysss

from_musings

i don't listen to evanesence so i wouldn't know... but even if the vibe should sound similar -2/5? really? that means that the song material is bad too. and we know that's not the case. oh well, just some guy's opinion

mr.sinister

Kerrang? Lol who gives a shit what they think.

Jacob

so first the bassist Jon left, to focus on his other band. now the drummer Brett left as well, apparantly under not-so-good circumstances. he talked about a sinking ship and legal matters, but no one really knows what the deal is.

they have a new bassist and drummer however, at least for the remainder of the US tour, and it sounds like they'll keep going as a band. one of the shows will be recorded for the upcoming live DVD.

I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end of the band, as I feel they're just getting started and haven't even reached their full potential yet. the official message did sound pretty positive though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep