Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chi_no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9zHij2pGMU
Anyone know what's the original song?
I've heard some people saying it's called 'Revenge Of The Nerds' but when I looked it up, I found not one song under this name with the same lyrics.
Can anyone help out?

chi_no

Btw thank you alot for the Roskilde Festival PRO-SHOT - It made my day :)

cvthedrv

Quote from: chi_no on Dec 29, 2014, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9zHij2pGMU
Anyone know what's the original song?
I've heard some people saying it's called 'Revenge Of The Nerds' but when I looked it up, I found not one song under this name with the same lyrics.
Can anyone help out?

fuuuukk they played The World Has Turned and Left Me Here by weezer in that gig, i'd kill a president to hear dat shit.

sooniletugo

Nice, would you put it on YouTube?

Yeah, Poltergeist was played with Chino in the crowd. It's censored though because it's a TV broadcast.

chi_no

Penicks

Vesanic

Penicks

they really really should call it quits

shoop

I never saw any mention of these pro-shot Sonisphere/Roskilde shows until these past few days. These really went  4+ months without mention? That's crazy. Anyone happen to have the full Roskilde video (with DE and BQAD)?

Sooniletugo: I found Sonisphere.Festival.2014.S01E02.PDTV.x264-W4F and Sonisphere.Festival.2014.S01E03.PDTV.x264-W4F

although not 720p or 1080. The highlights have been on youtube if you search Sonisphere 2014 highlights, but not good quality. Downloading the 2 parts above and will cut/upload Deftones segment here later on today. Hopefully you capped HD though and can give an upgrade?

therealdaebat

Chino is definitely struggling. He's more of a studio musician for sure. The rest of the guys are always on point. Luckily he's cool enough I'll still go see them any time they're in town. Thanks for uploading it chi-no.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Vesanic

Quote from: therealdaebat on Dec 30, 2014, 01:47 PM
Chino is definitely struggling. He's more of a studio musician for sure. The rest of the guys are always on point. Luckily he's cool enough I'll still go see them any time they're in town. Thanks for uploading it chi-no.

Nothing personal, but : bullshit. You struggle only if you try hard. He doesn't. This isn't struggle, it's blatant laziness. Stef looks pissed, or bored, or both. And I genuinely mean no offense (as always since the DE/KNY era started, I express criticism because I care but it's truly no fun). I guess since he knows he's "TCHEENOW MOWEENOW OMG METAL STAR" he just really won't give any involvement. He knows the shows will go sold out anyway, and musicians are crying to be working with the guy, so yeah.

Daryl from Glassjaw is like that at points, and the comparison is relevant since they're both "youth-filled" sonic acts that are now old, but he's never THAT bad live. And trust me when I say he's able to be very fucking bad.

I don't get it, Chino was pretty pro during the latest Team Sleep set.

Penicks said it, they should give it an eternal coma.

therealdaebat

Quote from: MrVesanique on Dec 30, 2014, 03:26 PM
Quote from: therealdaebat on Dec 30, 2014, 01:47 PM

Nothing personal, but : bullshit. You struggle only if you try hard. He doesn't. This isn't struggle, it's blatant laziness. Daryl from Glassjaw is like that at points, and the comparison is relevant since they're both "youth-filled" sonic acts that are now old, but he's never THAT bad. Stef looks pissed, or bored, or both. I don't get it, Chino was pretty pro during the latest Team Sleep set.

Penicks said it, they should give it an eternal coma.

Well I call bullshit on you calling bullshit! :D Team Sleep and Crosses are much easier to sing than deftones so it's not surprising that he has an easier time doing it. I think it's a combination of drunken laziness and just losing his ability to sing these songs over the years. Anybody that is a vocalist and screams knows that it takes it's toll (I dabble and produce many singers). Shit, I have trouble just singing one song all the way through and he's doing entire sets night after night. This was a particularly off night for him for sure.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

Vesanic

"TS songs are easier to sing", what about the easier parts of Deftones songs that he fucks up too? Lhabia is not a hard song to sing at all. And no need to mention the scream parts, he's never done them live. Come on, be real for a minute.

I know it takes a toll, he has less skills than before etc, but that doesn't completely explain the lack of quality here. Another reason they should stop. Guy will just go voiceless at some point.

therealdaebat

Quote from: MrVesanique on Dec 30, 2014, 03:37 PM
"TS songs are easier to sing", what about the easier parts of Deftones songs that he fucks up too? Lhabia is not a hard song to sing at all. And no need to mention the scream parts, he's never done them live. Come on, be real for a minute.

I know it takes a toll, he has less skills than before etc, but that doesn't completely explain the lack of quality here. Another reason they should stop. Guy will just go voiceless at some point.

Like I said, he's obviously drunk and his voice is gone for this show. Whether a song is hard to sing or not doesn't matter if you're not in a state to sing. That said, what do you mean "he's never done them live"? He screams at every show so not sure what that means. Surprising to hear you saying they should stop but yeah, I think their days are numbered. Probably for the best. I still think he's a badass in the studio whether he's singing deftones or not.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

Vesanic

Quote from: therealdaebat on Dec 30, 2014, 03:54 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Dec 30, 2014, 03:37 PM

Like I said, he's obviously drunk and his voice is gone for this show. Whether a song is hard to sing or not doesn't matter if you're not in a state to sing. That said, what do you mean "he's never done them live"? He screams at every show so not sure what that means. Surprising to hear you saying they should stop but yeah, I think their days are numbered. Probably for the best. I still think he's a badass in the studio whether he's singing deftones or not.

It's not so surprising. Yeah my channel is still active but truly I feel like I pay tribute to another band.

"Whether a song is hard to sing or not doesn't matter if you're not in a state to sing.", that is very wrong. And about Lhabia, I meant that he's never reproduced the scream parts live, no matter which year. Or at least, there's not one video that proves otherwise, obviously not all Lhabia performances have been recorded. He's tried on some DE/KNY era performances but it was pretty bad.

therealdaebat

QuoteIt's not so surprising. Yeah my channel is still active but truly I feel like I pay tribute to another band.

The deftones turned and left ves here. Just where he was before they appeared. And in their place an empty space has filled the void behind his face.

Quote"Whether a song is hard to sing or not doesn't matter if you're not in a state to sing.", that is very wrong.

It may be wrong in your head but it doesn't make it untrue.

As far as the Lhabia stuff goes, he has many songs he can't reproduce live so it's not too surprising to me. It still blows my mind that they play 7 words after each show even though it's obviously not something within his ability.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

therealdaebat

All joking aside I appreciate everything you post Ves. You are a truly great and stand out member of the deftones community no matter how much disconnect you have with them these days.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

Vesanic

Quote from: therealdaebat on Dec 30, 2014, 04:30 PM
It may be wrong in your head but it doesn't make it untrue.

Blame the singing teachers I've had, the singing I've practiced and pure logic. No beef man, but yeah. Thanks for the kind words though.

chi_no

Did anyone notice how on the Roskilde show Chino was acting all feminine and shit.

hmmmm  :D

sooniletugo

Chino is drunk as hell there, but that was July. The Team Sleep thing was more recent, right? I think he was just happy and having fun. Stef was maybe pissed, but Sergio and Abe seemed to be laughing about it.