Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

oh yeah! Frank in his best....love that sound...and chino is great too!

Yozay!

Well, I guess this is the most accurate thread to post this in,

so I saw them play the Nokia Theater in Times Square last night. Show rocked, all good, check the nokia thread in the tour section for details...

so The "Songs Played Live from SNW" overall effect:

anyways... RATS! being like the heaviest song on the album wasnt nearly as crazy as i thought it was gonna be live. there was a few pits, but not much. its pit was surprisingly closest in size to the Digital bath pit. though, of all songs from SNW, Rats had the biggest pit, or the only pit for that matter. from the whole show only SNW songs (excluding Rats) and Minerva and Change were basically like breathers for the crowd. it kinda worked really well though because they were all mixed between songs that people just went crazy for. so it was like you could explode and dance and rock out for three tracks and then just chill out and sway for a few minutes. and believe me every mother fucker in that place was singing along during those mellow moments.

also inbetween tracks frank did alot of cool shit that just made every track flow so gently into eachother. it really made the set sound so epic and really just amazingly orchestrated. even steph played a little bit of that tiny keyboard a bit.

and i can't remember what song it was (from SNW), but frank was actually scratching on the  turntables like a hip hop / rap rock track, like oldschool incubus almost.it was waayyyy different from the album and it sounded fuckin sick!
The space between a  blink and a tear, Death Blooms...

unfamed

They played Kimdracula, Hole in the Earth, Beware, Cherry Waves, Xerces, and Rats!Rats!Rats! of the new album they also played:
Minerva
Bloody Cape
Digital Bath
Passenger
Change
My Own Summer
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive
Minus Blindfold
Nosebleed
Root
7 Words
Engine No.9

I gotta say, I am disapointed they didn't play every other song they have ever written.
never odd or even

snw9

Quote from: Tuck on Dec 05, 2006, 09:47 AM
Taken from another topic, the idea to merge all topics about specific songs played live.
Discuss here the song you saw/heard live that rocked your world  8)

very smart tuck!
ppl start postin live mp3s of saturday night wrist!
Code: [Select]

cyppe101

Quote from: unfamed on Dec 07, 2006, 06:13 AM
They played Kimdracula, Hole in the Earth, Beware, Cherry Waves, Xerces, and Rats!Rats!Rats! of the new album they also played:
Minerva
Bloody Cape
Digital Bath
Passenger
Change
My Own Summer
Around the Fur
Be Quiet and Drive
Minus Blindfold
Nosebleed
Root
7 Words
Engine No.9

I gotta say, I am disapointed they didn't play every other song they have ever written.
:D

one weak

good idea Tuck!

in other news, aside from deftones not playing even close to denver on this tour, i would love to hear ANY song off SNW...but one song that i'm dying to hear live more than anything is The Boys Republic. i know its been payed before, but damn, that song would sound so badass live!

unfamed

Quote from: one weak on Dec 07, 2006, 09:28 PM
good idea Tuck!

in other news, aside from deftones not playing even close to denver on this tour, i would love to hear ANY song off SNW...but one song that i'm dying to hear live more than anything is The Boys Republic. i know its been payed before, but damn, that song would sound so badass live!
How do you mean? they played Albuquerque in November.
never odd or even

law

The video of Needles and Pins rocked my world and I really want that one live just for myself haha!

stoneFeD

Quote from: law on Dec 08, 2006, 06:37 PM
The video of Needles and Pins rocked my world and I really want that one live just for myself haha!
oh fuck yea

siL.

I am at a loss as to what this song is. It says Some People, but the song I have under that name in for Like Linus is completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO9jYm_ncwQ&mode=related&search=

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Martin

Quote from: juvenile on Dec 07, 2006, 10:08 AMvery smart tuck!

Quote from: one weak on Dec 07, 2006, 09:28 PM
good idea Tuck!

You're welcome 8)
But it's not my idea. Someone else posted it in some of the specific songs threads, dunno who it was anymore.

breaking_decency

heres a little interview i just found from when white pony came out , its with chino and dave from foo fighters. http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/d/deftones/kioz_interview.html

lostpilot

WGTB just rocked my world.
They played it straight after BQAD. That was so fucking agressive.

deftoneskoen

what about like linus in lincoln? that's a freakin' cool song too and the quality of that video is awsome if you ask me ;D

deftoneskoen

what about like linus in lincoln? that's a freakin' cool song too and the quality of that video is awsome if you ask me\m/

deftoneskoen

Martin

Dunno if you saw, but you can delete messages :)

hydroponic82

saw them 4 times this year i really wanted to hear cant even breathe and rats.  they were supposed to play rats at the last show i went too as the opener but played something else instead .

still got to hear finger of death (  no vocals) during soundcheck and rats ( no vocals)  during it also.

other highlights were no ordinary love knife prty w/ chino tripping his ass off during the end
and Mx  ..only time i think they played it this year and Tuck can tell you how awesome that was...

its been a good year

Martin