Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutron liar

I've anaylized the 'Tones's setlists from the last few weeks... here's what to expect:

- The first tune regulary gets rotated with a spot at the end of the show.  Usually Rats vs Kim.
- In the middle of the set, a song may be thrown into the mix.
- Minus Blindfold sometimes get swapped out

Feiticeira / Root / Rats / Kimdracula
Digital Bath
My Own Summer
BQAD
Around the Fur
Beware the Water
Nosebleed
Engine N9
Kimdracula [on and off]
Xerces
Passenger
Hole in the Earth   
rotates with #1
Teething / Minus Blindfold
Minerva
Hexagram
Cherry Waves
rotates with #1
Change
7 Words

other songs played, possibly rotated in:

Bloody Cape
WGTB
Bored

haha, so this is what you can expect im sure for at least another month.

Deftones-argentina

Good analisis. Anyway, remember that the surprise factor can always make everything totally different.

Longstem

feiticeira and my own summer are classical deftones opener!! Ive been enjoying that for years.

Im getting a bit bored of the typical '7 words' ending. If you see deftones regular (especially on the same tour) it gets fake.
Chino is like 'come on guys.. which song do you wanna hear ' ,repeat that a few times and then steph begins with the 7words intro.

Every time im screaming like a pig for dai the flu and one time it confused chino... (at a show in Koln, germany). He really hesitated a few sec but steph began playing 7 words like regular.

On special nights, they always play a lot of adrenaline song (whole album past may in Paris) it seems like they wanna give an extra for the fans who"ve been there from the beginning.

Now with the release of SNW i dont expect any cover anymore like Ordinary love etc from de Bsides album.

grtz
Tom

neutron liar

but they've been doing the cover of the Cure on and off for the last 2-3 years, most recently some time in the last several months.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: breaking_decency on Dec 09, 2006, 06:42 PM
heres a little interview i just found from when white pony came out , its with chino and dave from foo fighters. http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/d/deftones/kioz_interview.html

cool find. It must have been a blast for chino to be by an Ex-Nirvana member.

vadimo

we all know that 80% of attention was to chino there, it made Dave look like Chino's assistant or something.

Slacker

Live KROQ 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IbHklyr_K4

Engine Nº9 Live In Chile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE_UyiJsK4o

Be Quiet And Drive Live In Chile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btKl64pAkUI

(i added full sound to the song, some of you might heard/see this one with some audio cuts, well i wanted to have the full audio cause i shows how incredible that performance was, definitly one of the best performances of it, check it for yourself).

Alvar

seems like they stopped playing headup, wich is my most favourite song ever...
but thats ok as long as they play rapture or rats³, some new loud shit is welcome and its very impressive.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

afireinside20

do you have that kroq 2003 in audio format? sounds like a good show

Slacker

knifeprty82

Quote from: Longstem on Dec 13, 2006, 06:58 PM
feiticeira and my own summer are classical deftones opener!! Ive been enjoying that for years.

Im getting a bit bored of the typical '7 words' ending. If you see deftones regular (especially on the same tour) it gets fake.
Chino is like 'come on guys.. which song do you wanna hear ' ,repeat that a few times and then steph begins with the 7words intro.

Every time im screaming like a pig for dai the flu and one time it confused chino... (at a show in Koln, germany). He really hesitated a few sec but steph began playing 7 words like regular.

On special nights, they always play a lot of adrenaline song (whole album past may in Paris) it seems like they wanna give an extra for the fans who"ve been there from the beginning.

Now with the release of SNW i dont expect any cover anymore like Ordinary love etc from de Bsides album.

grtz
Tom

was that at their last show in e-werk?? my friend was also screaming for dai the flu cause its one of his favorites and he told me after the show, that only he and another person were screaming for it. he was a little bit pissed that everyone wanted 7 words...
while everyone around me's busy drowning, i float.

vadimo

i have it but its only rip of that video stream so its crap quality.

Robtones

Rutje15

defTHE1s

somewhere i can get the EPK's videos (Around the Fur EPK, White Pony EPK, Deftones (S/T) EPK), please.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

jbmp1390

Have they played Anniversary live yet? I was just listening to it today and was wondering.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

WishfulThinker

I went to the show at Sunset Station it was  sold out show with about 1,200 people packed in the little pavillion.

Deftones where supposed to go on at 915 but ended up going on at 9 instead. It went crazy we where so packed . Then they come on stage and start with Rats! Rats!

They sang alot from the old albums too. They sang one of my favorites songs Root and all of it this time too. He screams at the last part and i was screaming too that i thougth i was going to blow a vocal cord.Since i dont have my tonsils.  They played about 1 hr and 45 min.

After the show me and my friend went to the back and waited to meet them , but we only got to meet Frank and take a picture with him the rest never came out.

Here is the set list from what i can remember and in no special order

Minus Blindfold
Nose Bleed
7 Words
Engine Number 9
My Own Summer
Around The Fur
Be Quiet And Drive
Digital Bath
Passenger
Change
Hexagram
Minerva
Hole In The Earth
Beware
Cherry Waves
Xerces
Rats! Rats! Rats! - opened
Kimdracula
Root

Longstem

Quote from: knifeprty82 on Dec 18, 2006, 01:07 PM
Quote from: Longstem on Dec 13, 2006, 06:58 PM

was that at their last show in e-werk?? my friend was also screaming for dai the flu cause its one of his favorites and he told me after the show, that only he and another person were screaming for it. he was a little bit pissed that everyone wanted 7 words...

Yeah dude, i guess that was me.. i screamed my heart out for dai the flu. And believe me or not... chino just hesitad one half sec.. :)
Is your friend going back to te ewerk show in march? I will be too and i need somebody to scream for me for 'dai the flu'

For upcoming shows i hope a good mix of ATF and SNW. I saw a video of rats and it looked like a nice warm moshpit :)

grtz
TOM

dawg

did you all forget about the most amazing show this year in luxembourg?!
they played the whole around the fur record live!
that was the best deftones moment in history for me!
they can only top it with playing all songs live which is one of stephens big dreams for the future :D

oh and besides that passanger was really tight at the free cologne show!

pixElsblUr

Quote from: dawg on Dec 28, 2006, 01:40 PM
did you all forget about the most amazing show this year in luxembourg?!
they played the whole around the fur record live!
that was the best deftones moment in history for me!
they can only top it with playing all songs live which is one of stephens big dreams for the future :D

oh and besides that passanger was really tight at the free cologne show!

thats pretty fucking chingon dude, I would love to hear this set bro  -ATF-