Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

X Box 360

Started by Paint Your Lips, Nov 14, 2006, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

This console has brought back my love for gaming.

But, I really want to go online on it as well, has anyone heard anything about the wireless modem for it?

Anyways, talk about everything 360 related in here. :)

Subliminal

HALO 3 ONLINE HERE I COME WOOOOO!!!

Man, I agree with Moz, you should get Live, It's totally worth it, Even on the old Xbox.

Use to be a blast talking to people all over a America on your headset whilst kicking their ass on Halo 2.

Paint Your Lips

I'm getting it for sure ! I just want to know if the wireless is worth it, because my X Box is a bit far away from the net thingy-ma-bob. :)

Crazylegs

I never tried the wireless, but it should work fine i guess. If you haven't tried live yet you're in for a serious treat. It doubles the fun, no doubt.

Subliminal

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 14, 2006, 08:43 PM
I never tried the wireless, but it should work fine i guess. If you haven't tried live yet you're in for a serious treat. It doubles the fun, no doubt.

Easily.

Dude how far approx would you say your xbox is from your modem/internet connection? I take it not close enough for a huge lead to connect inbetween?

Paint Your Lips

circa 15 metres. So a long line would work. But, do you to call the internet company and open another line?

Subliminal

No not at all, I mean, you could :D and have a line dedicated to gaming.

But really all you need is like a router, So you can just plug the lead into one of it's outlets then into the Xbox360 and it's as simple as that. You should easily be able to get a cable long enough for it, But wireless could be ideal in your case.

But i don't know how wireless works the gaming end, I only know that Usb things plug in the comp then the connect to your router, Not sure if it's the same for the Xbox360

Paint Your Lips

Hehe, we got a router that can connect you wireless and with a wire. :) My laptop is wireless connected, but my dad's Comp is wired up. I just need to get off my ass and test it. There was a cable in the 360 pack i bought, and a free 48 hour trial with FEAR along with a months gaming with the 360 purchase.

Subliminal

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Nov 14, 2006, 09:30 PM
Hehe, we got a router that can connect you wireless and with a wire. :) My laptop is wireless connected, but my dad's Comp is wired up. I just need to get off my ass and test it. There was a cable in the 360 pack i bought, and a free 48 hour trial with FEAR along with a months gaming with the 360 purchase.

Yeah man, go try it now man, It'll be worth it.

All you gotta do is plug the cable into the router and you're sorted. Well it's what i did with my old Xbox and currently with my Ps2 anyway ;)

Paint Your Lips

Haha, I got two mates over, so right now there's some in-the-house-multiplayer going on ! But, gonna try it tomorrow, man. :)

Man, I love F.E.A.R !

Subliminal

I am soooooo missing out  >:( :D

The more i talk about it, the more i want one! Plus since i love the Smackdown! games, The new one looks shit hot on it, compared to the cack Ps2 has produced!

I think we should all hook up on an online game and wage war at some point 8)

Paint Your Lips

I'M ON ! :) You better get off your ass and buy a 360.

Subliminal

Sure thing man! There's nothing i love more than playing online games! Especially now since it won't be on a stupid computer that can crash etc. etc.

I take it you got the $300 odd package? It's like £270 in the U.K!

I'll have to trade my ps2 in when i buy one i think cause i won't be needing that shit anymore.

Mike21

I just pull the wire which goes in to my modem from my PC out, and put the one from my 360 in.  Easy as that for me :p

I only have GR: AW at the moment, but looking to get some new games soon. :)

Oh, and my Gamertag is Slobber23. :p

Mike21

Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 14, 2006, 09:45 PM
Sure thing man! There's nothing i love more than playing online games! Especially now since it won't be on a stupid computer that can crash etc. etc.

I take it you got the $300 odd package? It's like £270 in the U.K!

I'll have to trade my ps2 in when i buy one i think cause i won't be needing that shit anymore.

PC's suck for gaming, they're so overly complicated.  They just annoy me for gaming.

Paint Your Lips

Haha, had the same thought, so I gave my dad my ps2. :)

Yeah, I got the "odd" package with a Hard disc and wireless controller and some cables and stuff. And exchanged all my ps2 games for 360 ones at EB games. Got anal ripped.

My top 3:
Splinter Cell : Double Agent
F.E.A.R
Call of Duty 2

Gonna get Gears of War soon. And then Oblivion I think. Maybe.

Well, Mike. I hope it's as easy for me too. :)

Crazylegs

You should get condemned.

Subliminal

It will be dude! You get stuck, just ask ;) and we'll help!

But you're right, EB Games (which is GAME over here) Fuckin' rips you hard for game trading prices half of the time, GameStation is a good place we have though for trade-ins and their games are cheap, But i'll probably stick to ordering some games online (if i'm patient enough)

Ahh man all this talk of getting one and i want one NOW!

Ahh shit, Someone is selling one for £140!!! And it's the premium package which is usually £270 ARGH!!

Paint Your Lips

haha, just saw the South Park episode where they play WOW, fucking good laughs. Especially when stoned. :D

And thanks, Sub !

Subliminal

No worries dude :)

Right, plan is to save up for an Xbox 360!