Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

X Box 360

Started by Paint Your Lips, Nov 14, 2006, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

If I'm on I'll help you in a bit man.

Subliminal

Dude the 10,000 kills is on ranked matches  :o fuckin' ell.

Paint Your Lips

Bought Rainbow Six : Vegas yeasterday. It's pretty fun. Some cool features and you gotta love the weapons arsenal. I love SWAT action.

Anyone tried it?

Moz La Punk

Quote from: ToneDef on Dec 31, 2006, 10:49 AM
Oh no, I'm not one of those achievement whores.. But I mean the system is there to encourage you to wanna fully complete a game IMO.. and when the reward just isn't worth it then it feels as though there's no point. 50gp for racking up 10,000 kills in multiplayer on GOW.. But you get 100gp just for rescuing some guy in Kameo right near the beginning of the game. The whole system is unbalanced.. And yet is absolute genius in terms of shifting games.

I do believe its a great feature yes. Most people never play through games and this can be an extra motivation.

ToneDef

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Dec 31, 2006, 12:29 PM
Bought Rainbow Six : Vegas yeasterday. It's pretty fun. Some cool features and you gotta love the weapons arsenal. I love SWAT action.

Anyone tried it?

I got it but played it like.. Once. I have to be in the mood for the slow paced, tactical stuff.

Crazylegs

Oblivion's main quest has officialy been pwnt by me. What an ending.

ToneDef

Man, I hate that game.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ToneDef on Dec 31, 2006, 01:04 PM

Anyone tried it?

I got it but played it like.. Once. I have to be in the mood for the slow paced, tactical stuff.
Same here, man. I really enjoy it, though the fucking checkpoints are ridiculous at times ! And the missing save-at-any-time option frustrates me when I have to go 15 minutes back in the game because of some tiny flaw.

Crazylegs

Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 01, 2007, 01:21 PM
Man, I hate that game.

too bad for you i guess.

ToneDef

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 01, 2007, 05:48 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 01, 2007, 01:21 PM
Man, I hate that game.

too bad for you i guess.

Uhuh. I tried to love it, believe me. Morrowind ftw.

ToneDef

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jan 01, 2007, 01:52 PM

Anyone tried it?

Same here, man. I really enjoy it, though the fucking checkpoints are ridiculous at times ! And the missing save-at-any-time option frustrates me when I have to go 15 minutes back in the game because of some tiny flaw.

I don't like that kind of shit so I'm not looking forward to those points. I basically have a problem with hard games. I know the sense of reward is better when you finally get past that gay part you were stuck on for ages or whatever.. But 9 times out of 10 I won't know about it 'cause the game would have been relegated to the bottom of the pile and never played again. Video games infuriate me when it seems they're just made to fucking piss me off.

Moz La Punk

With some games I love the difficult parts, some not. Depends on if it feels fair. Almost all games were hard in dem ol days.

Paint Your Lips

At this point i'm actually okay with the difficulty level of Rainbow Six : Vegas, I don't mind trying to alternate my attack and try new ways to eliminate the enemy. At first I was just like you, ToneDef. But, now I really don't mind it. :)

ToneDef

It depends on the game I guess. I actually started a proper game on Splinter Cell earlier and it was frustrating the fuck out of me, but I kept at it and got past that gay bit. Of course, the next time I got stuck I just switched that fucker off.

Moz La Punk

Switching off when you're stuck is the worst thing you can do. It makes the chance of you never continuing the game ever again a lot higher. I do it sometimes also but I try to avoid it, because if I have to start up a game the next time knowing that difficult part is going to come up, I'm very demotivated.

ToneDef

Uhuh. I have a lot of games unfinished. MGS 2 im pretty much at the end and have been for a couple years. so close to doing it but i got stuck and just couldn't be fucked.

cyppe101

Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 02, 2007, 06:55 PM
MGS 2 im pretty much at the end and have been for a couple years. so close to doing it but i got stuck and just couldn't be fucked.
That's fucked up man! Just do it :D

ToneDef

It's that part where you're Raiden fighting all those Rex's. Right before that part you get hold of a sword and Snake teaches you how to use it.. But I wasn;t really paying attention and I think the sword is needed to beat those fucking Rex's. I can either try to figure out what I'm going or replay the whole game just to figure out how to use a fucking sword. It's a shame 'cause I was really into that game. I even went to watch the end sequence on youtube the other day but had to exit as I couldn't spoilt it for myself.

hydroponic82

Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 02, 2007, 06:06 PM
but I kept at it and got past that gay bit.

the next time I got stuck I just switched that fucker off.

Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 05, 2007, 06:48 AMwhat I'm going or replay the whole game just to figure out how to use a fucking sword.

Quote from: ToneDef on Jan 01, 2007, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jan 01, 2007, 01:52 PM

Anyone tried it?

I know the sense of reward is better when you finally get past that gay part you were stuck on for ages or whatever..
your awesome
really you are

ToneDef

Haha, I love you man. You even kept the spelling mistake in. I was meant to say doing instead of going but it's basically the same thing....