Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

X Box 360

Started by Paint Your Lips, Nov 14, 2006, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

I have wireless Xbox 360, it works fine man, no worries.

Also, the Wii is wireless out of the box. Which is handy.

Yea Xbox Live is totally worth it, probably one of the biggest 360 selling points.

Lets see, here's my Xbox 360 collection as of now:

Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo: Elements of Power
Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Call of Duty 2
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Saints Row
King Kong
Project Gotham Racing 3
Dead or Alive 4

Have to pick up Gears, Dead Rising and Call of Duty 3 this year. Maybe Tony Hawk Project 8. Always been a sucka for that franchise.

Moz La Punk

Oh and btw can I ask something? Are you playing 360 with a HD television?

Subliminal

Dude, Is there anything out on it yet that we can do group online ventures on? other than just fighting each other also?

I think Ghost Reacon is a team game right? I bought that shit on Ps2 and it fuckin' sucks.

But i read a review on IGN.com and it said the Xbox360 version makes up for it bigtime.

Moz La Punk

Yes Ghost Recon on the 360 is one of the best games on the system. And you can play in teams, yes, but most games allow that, even Call of Duty 2 / 3

Subliminal

Ahh cool wasn't sure you see.

That shit would be hilarious with everyone on their headsets.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Nov 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
Nope, just got home today with a cheap 28 Inch Prosonic. Why, man?

Need help here guys: Which should I buy first?
1. Gears of War
2. Call of Duty 3

I want each game equally much, but I want to hear some pro's and con's. :)

[EDIT] Fuck it, forget Oblivion.

Crazylegs

If you dig gears of war style games, you should probably go for that, cause iy's supposed to be pretty insane.

COD3 is the same as cod2, they just improved somethings.

by the way, my list of games.

Oblivion
Condemned
GRAW
Cod2
Cod3
Fifa world cup 2006
Tiger Woods 06
Tony Hawk's american wasteland
X men (crappy, i won it in a cod2 tournament)
Hitman : blood monkey
Saints row

Subliminal

Hitman: Blood Money is a good game even on ps2!

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Nov 15, 2006, 06:16 PM
Quote from: Moz La Punk on Nov 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
Nope, just got home today with a cheap 28 Inch Prosonic. Why, man?

Need help here guys: Which should I buy first?
1. Gears of War
2. Call of Duty 3

I want each game equally much, but I want to hear some pro's and con's. :)

[EDIT] Fuck it, forget Oblivion.

Well it got an 'Outstanding' rating from IGN and i usually trust alot of their reviews! Give it a read if you like... http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/698/698400p1.html

Gears of War also 'Outstanding' rating..

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/745/745485p1.html

Call of Duty got 'great' http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/801/801849.html

In my honest opinion, Gears of War looks fuckin' amazing and Call of Duty 3 would be my least picking of the bunch.

Mike21

Got Smackdown vs Raw today for my 360.  Seems pretty good.  Anyone else have it?

Paint Your Lips

Okay, so far it's Gears of War. :) Haha, i'm spending too much money on games.

Subliminal

Haha ^ Sweet man, I've got a video review of it, It's like 100mb download though cause it's Hi-Res, the game looks amazing! And you can play Co-op Campaign on Xbox live! *wants to burst with excitement* :-X

Quote from: Mike21 on Nov 15, 2006, 08:35 PM
Got Smackdown vs Raw today for my 360.  Seems pretty good.  Anyone else have it?

Yeah i think it's awesome, Considering i'm a big Wrestling mark and quite picky when it comes to the games.

And that's on ps2 so i dread to think how much better it feels and looks on Xbox360!

Paint Your Lips

I'm a bit worried about the gameplay. And overall feel. By the tons of pictures i've seen so far, it's:

"Dark noir post nuclear landscapes, duck and cover, shoot everything that moves, repeat ..."

Oh, and the enemy are alien type beings. Not my cop of tea usually. But, there's still something about that looks quite captivating. I'm torn.

Mike21

Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 15, 2006, 09:27 PM
Haha ^ Sweet man, I've got a video review of it, It's like 100mb download though cause it's Hi-Res, the game looks amazing! And you can play Co-op Campaign on Xbox live! *wants to burst with excitement* :-X

Quote from: Mike21 on Nov 15, 2006, 08:35 PM

Yeah i think it's awesome, Considering i'm a big Wrestling mark and quite picky when it comes to the games.

And that's on ps2 so i dread to think how much better it feels and looks on Xbox360!

Oh cool, another wrestling fan.  Who's your fave wrestler?  Of all time mine is Kurt Angle, but Miiiiiiister Kennedy is cool too.

I played SMvsRaw on Live before, was quite good.  But I only won 2 matches, 'cos I didn't know the controls properly, and still don't!

Subliminal

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Nov 15, 2006, 09:36 PM
I'm a bit worried about the gameplay. And overall feel. By the tons of pictures i've seen so far, it's:

"Dark noir post nuclear landscapes, duck and cover, shoot everything that moves, repeat ..."

Oh, and the enemy are alien type beings. Not my cop of tea usually. But, there's still something about that looks quite captivating. I'm torn.

I agree to some extent, The gameplay is something kinda different but i'm never that good at keeping on my toes in action games untill i've played them a long while, So who knows. But i'd buy it just for the sheer fact the graphics are amazing.

If your comp is good at streaming watch the video review!

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html

The game looks beautiful.

Paint Your Lips

The graphics are stunning, yes indeed. But, it just seems rather monotonous.

Maybe i'll just buy some cheap games instead.

Subliminal

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Nov 15, 2006, 11:00 PM
The graphics are stunning, yes indeed. But, it just seems rather monotonous.

Maybe i'll just buy some cheap games instead.

And i spose the cheap games are like $50 :D

They're £50+ over here, fuckin' well exspensive!

Moz La Punk

Well I wouldnt focus too much on graphics when you buy something since you're not playing on HDTV. Im not trying to make you jeloush but when you play those 360 games on a HDTV, dear lord your eyes are going to fall out of your head.

Anyway, Gears and Call of Duty are two very different games. Gears is third person, and its basically find cover, shoot out, find cover, shoot out, tactical stuff with some team members controlled by either AI or another person online or next to you.

Call of Duty is just a straight up shooter. Nothing wrong with it. But Gears is hyped more and pretty much the Halo of this generation for Microsoft.

Subliminal

Call of Duty looks pretty cack IMO, but that's because i find some war games damn boring!

OH and luckily i'll be playing mine on a HDTV with my home cinema system whooo. Dolby 5.1 here i come  :D

Paint Your Lips

Bitches. :D Everything looks fantastic on my TV so i'm all good. :) But, I am aware that you two prob. have a lot more to drool over, hehe.

Gonna check the Gears of War Review now, and then i'll take it from there.

And by cheap games I mean like £20. :) Used games. Prob. Fifa 07 and Need for Speed.

Crazylegs

I'm getting tony hawk's project 8 tomorrow.