Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Recommend A Band Thread

Started by Juicy Fruit, Nov 16, 2006, 10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Fireal1222

im sure many of you would like. division day.

get the album. the mean way in

its really good.

PLEASE GET IF MOTHER FUCKERS!

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR

im just trying to help, no more caps lock

WEED

i lied about the caps lock. im high

check out that album though

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

neurotic

...never trust the obvious...

Jacob

Quote from: Starz on Nov 18, 2006, 10:03 PM
Burst
Khoma

two amazing bands. I suggest that anyone who's into bands like Isis and Cult of Luna check these out.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Chrisbo on Nov 18, 2006, 10:24 PMHave you tried Poison The Well? They're a fucking awesome band that would go under metalcore (I think). Norma Jean, you might like them too, especially the early 'Bless The Martyr...' stuff. Bleeding Through? The more I think of ISIS and what you say you like, the more I think you wont like them, but hey if you want to check them out, 'Panopticon' and 'Oceanic' are their masterpieces! Of course the earlier you go, the heavier it gets too, but the newer stuff for me is stronger.

Yeah that's the one. Trust me, you're not going to need the optical zoom that much with this bad boy heh! Yeah, the only downpoint is that it doesnt come with a plug for rechargeable batteries, but then none of the cameras I've had up to now have had that advantage. Plus, I only really use the camera for gigs and shows, where it works best, so I'm not forking out too much for batteries (it does get dead pretty quick though heh).

Yeah Hydro got me into Poison The Well ages ago, I like them. Don't like Norma Jean, never heard anything by Bleeding Through. I have a pretty varied taste so I might like ISIS... I'll check out those albums, thanks.

Thanks for the info about the camera, I really need to get myself one and yours seems pretty good so I might have to copy you. And it also appears to be on offer at the moment for £129.99 which isn't bad.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Azwethinkweiz

you'd probably like mastodon. check out their newest album 'blood mountain'.

Juicy Fruit

I do like what I've heard of Mastodon (Remission, Leviathan), and I will be checking out their new album.

sickened

Starz

Check out there bands:  ;)

www.myspace.com/heavyweightchampband

www.myspace.com/karnivool

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Nov 19, 2006, 04:39 PM
I do like what I've heard of Mastodon (Remission, Leviathan), and I will be checking out their new album.

'blood mountain' is, in my opinion, a 100 times better than their older stuff.

annalisameow

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Nov 16, 2006, 10:35 PM
Well the idea of this thread is to post the names of a few bands you like, in the region of 5 - 10, and for other members to recommend a band you would like judging from the bands you already like. I don't know if this will work but it seemed like a good idea, and I love discovering new music. I'll go first:

At The Gates
In Flames
Arch Enemy
Opeth
Diablo

(Note: I'm not keen on Dark Tranquillity, even though that seems like an obvious band to suggest).

you might like ....
made out of babies
or
battle of mice

they both have the same lead singer. both pretty good bands. check them out  :)
:)

annalisameow

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Nov 17, 2006, 01:40 AM
I would recommend Coheed & Cambria.

I know a lot of people really hate them (mainly due to Claudio's voice)...but the soundscapes they create (not to mention the story!!!) are breath taking.

Also, i have just learnt that Chris Pinote (Dillinger Escape Plan) is playing drums on their next album (and the first in the Coheed story)

yes! a coheed fan! i love you....  :-*
;D
:)

Sessh0umaru01

okay so I put bands I like and others will recommend?

Sounds good to me..

Here are some bands that I like:

1. Deftones
2. A Perfect Circle
3. Team Sleep
4. Tool
5. Glassjaw
6. Three Days Grace
7. Slipknot
8. Mudvayne
9. Breaking Benjamin
10. Nine Inch Nails // Marilyn Manson

I appreciate any recommendations..I'll pretty much give anything a try.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Sessh0umaru01 on Nov 20, 2006, 02:00 AM
okay so I put bands I like and others will recommend?

Sounds good to me..

Here are some bands that I like:

1. Deftones
2. A Perfect Circle
3. Team Sleep
4. Tool
5. Glassjaw
6. Three Days Grace
7. Slipknot
8. Mudvayne
9. Breaking Benjamin
10. Nine Inch Nails // Marilyn Manson

I appreciate any recommendations..I'll pretty much give anything a try.

Well I'm gonna recommend Opeth simply because they fucking kick ass and I just uploaded a load of their albums, so it'll be easy for you to listen to them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E4R32I14

Judging by the bands you like, I would suggest the following if you haven't tried them already:

Muse
Dream Theater
Chevelle

Can't really think of anything else and I dunno if you'll like any of these bands, but hey, it's all a process of trial and error.

Jacob

I checked out The Haunted's new album today and I suggest that all the metalheads here do the same! I dunno if it's been talked about earlier in this thread. but they are what became of At The Gates when they split up. and if you like that type of metal, then you'll definitely like The Haunted.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: aenemic on Nov 20, 2006, 02:44 AM
I checked out The Haunted's new album today and I suggest that all the metalheads here do the same! I dunno if it's been talked about earlier in this thread. but they are what became of At The Gates when they split up. and if you like that type of metal, then you'll definitely like The Haunted.

I've been meaning to listen to The Haunted, I love what I've heard of At The Gates (Slaughter Of The Soul is an amazing album!). Thanks for the suggestion min älsking (or whatever the word is)... hahaha. ;D

Jacob

cool, you should do that. and you're welcome, snygging ;)

jbmp1390

I've been listening to Radiohead alot lately. Anyone have any similar bands they would recommend? Also, there haven't been any metal bands that have really struck me in quite awhile. Any good new metal I should be listening to? and not some kind of emo atreyu bullshit.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

DefGuy

this mexican band called Zurdok, i think it's the best mexican band ever, this is not a band with the same corny lyrics and the old lack of creativity in their music, as other bands in this country have tried and failed, these guys were different, i think EVERYONE should give a try to this band at least once in their long lives

www.myspace.com/zurdokmovimiento          <---------- 4 songs
www.myspace.com/zurdokeslaneta              <---- 1 song

here's a couple of songs, download them, listen to them, if you like them, awesome, if you want to hear more just tell me, if not, just delete 'em from your hard drive and forget about all this.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kmhigf
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hywz9e

Zurdok:  Alternative / Acoustic / Rock / Indie

^ most of their songs are a kinda Radiohead-ish but i'd wish you'd be the judge (weird effects all over, piano, acoustic guitars, violins, even some orchestra going on there)

"I just like the way my dick feels when i listen to certain types of sounds...sometimes i hear certain sounds and they make my dick really fucking hard"  -Chino Moreno

Starz

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Nov 20, 2006, 03:29 AM
I've been listening to Radiohead alot lately. Anyone have any similar bands they would recommend? Also, there haven't been any metal bands that have really struck me in quite awhile. Any good new metal I should be listening to? and not some kind of emo atreyu bullshit.

If you like Radiohead, check this band out:

www.myspace.com/dayonesymphony

And if you like them, I can upload the album for you...  ;)