Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

david lynch

Started by Layla, Dec 07, 2006, 11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Layla

i thought there was a thread for him and his work already... it vanished.

INLAND EMPIRE preimered last night.. word has it, it was fantastico.. any one see it? probably just the new yorkers, since its screening is on the DL... but anyway we can talk about his other work if one is so inclined.  ;)

Azwethinkweiz

sup vida.

Lynch is a fucking psycho and i love it.

i watched 'lost highway' a couple of weeks ago and i still havent figured it out. total mindfuck.

my favorite of his, so far, is 'mulholland drive'. i love that movie.

definitely looking forward to his new one.

Layla

lost highway is obviously a superb movie, and sound track...
acid jazz acid jazz...perfect drug...and old school manson...

is it just me or does that part when their at that party,with that old guy who looks like he's been antiqued, freak the hell out of you..

Layla

btw, "antiquing" is when someone throws a bag of white flour at you. you become an antique.

Azwethinkweiz

the 'mystery man' with the camera ?

one weak

i've been waiting for inland empire for like 2 years.

i can't wait till it shows at some artsy theatre near me..i'll be there opening night. however, i'm a bit skeptical becuase he shot the whole thing on DV....which sucks in my opinion. i'm sure the story/themes will be fantastic, but DV looks like complete shit compared to film. surprises me that lynch would give in.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Layla on Dec 07, 2006, 11:26 PM

is it just me or does that part when their at that party,with that old guy who looks like he's been antiqued, freak the hell out of you..

I think that's my favorite part in the whole film. The first time I saw it it gave me chills. It was just so damn good.

And I agree with you, one weak. The one thing I love about Lynch is the fact that he used film. His movies work great on film because film is so romantic. I could go on about how film is better than DV, but I'll stop here.

I really, really need to see Inland Empire.

bloody_liver

yeah, he looks pretty fucked up
an interesting thing about that
Lynch said he was inspired by the OJ Simpson trial when he decided to make Lost Highway. And lo and behold, the old guy who looks like he's been antiqued is Robert Blake, who went on to murder his own wife a few years after the movie. Coincidence? There's more!

So Robert Blake plays this spectre, this man-in-white, an omen of things to come
Bill Pullman then kills his wife...wait, did he kill his wife? What really happened...All I know is about 7 years later Robert Blake allegedly killed his own wife..wait, did he kill his wife? What really happened?

I say this to build up to the one piece of dialogue in the entire movie that just blows my mind, and that's when the prison guards have the following brief conversation...

Guard 1: Hey, that wife killer is looking pretty fucked up!

Guard 2: Which one?

Guard 1 and Guard 2: HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

....it's been a pleasure talking to you.

BigDave

i watched lost highway for the 2nd time last night. and yea i still don't get it; i had my old theory in my head whilst watching it but there was tons that didn't fit it.  it's definately more complex that mulholland drive.  which is maybe why i prefer mulholland drive...

Layla

Quote from: bloody_liver on Dec 09, 2006, 04:34 AM

yeah, he looks pretty fucked up
an interesting thing about that
Lynch said he was inspired by the OJ Simpson trial when he decided to make Lost Highway. And lo and behold, the old guy who looks like he's been antiqued is Robert Blake, who went on to murder his own wife a few years after the movie. Coincidence? There's more!

So Robert Blake plays this spectre, this man-in-white, an omen of things to come
Bill Pullman then kills his wife...wait, did he kill his wife? What really happened...All I know is about 7 years later Robert Blake allegedly killed his own wife
thats so creepy

one weak

"you will see me one more time if you do good. you will see me two more times if you do bad."

i just watched mulholland again last night. still can't piece everything together completely, and i've made peace with that fact.

Inkblades

lynch is a genius...i have seen eraserhead, blue velvet, lost highway and mulholland drive (all classics) and some of fire walk with me

i need to check out sum twin peaks

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: one weak on Dec 14, 2006, 10:34 PM
"you will see me one more time if you do good. you will see me two more times if you do bad."

i never got that.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Dec 15, 2006, 01:15 AM

i never got that.

My brother and I spent a whole half hour trying to figure out everything he was saying. I am serious when I say we paused the film and analyzed word for word what it all meant and we got nada.

fireflyry

OMFG Hi Vida.

"This here snakeskin jacket is a symbol of my individuality and belief in personal freedom"

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

CitizenSoul

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Dec 15, 2006, 07:45 AM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Dec 15, 2006, 01:15 AM

i never got that.

My brother and I spent a whole half hour trying to figure out everything he was saying. I am serious when I say we paused the film and analyzed word for word what it all meant and we got nada.

Well, we do see him two more times in the movie. Did the guy choose the girl they told him to choose?

one weak

in theory he did choose camilla. but camilla wasn't camilla.

bloody_liver

sometimes there's a buggy

ImATumbler

i just finished downloading Twin Peaks Seasons 1 and 2, and from what i've seen so far it's fuckin excellent. i also downloaded Blue Velvet, but i havent gotten around watching it tho. but im lookin foward to it.

can anyone suggest for mr other lynch movies?
thanx

cyppe101

Watching Twin Peaks when I was 10 was funny..

Mulholland Drive makes me pee my pants, almost passed out when I tried to figure it out..