Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

david lynch

Started by Layla, Dec 07, 2006, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Layla

yah, i agree man.. lately ive really been in to john cassavetes

bloody_liver

i've been watching some experimental films a lot in college and i get the feeling that some of the elements that seem so original in david lynch's films, are actually influenced by these old obscure experimentalists

Layla

^ ...dont let them know nobody famous is in them  ;)

Layla

I saw inland empire a week ago. in the movie theater. the whole time, i was tripping out.. the human mind wants to make logic of everything, and when you cant...it makes you uncomfortable..this movie, is davids best.

Paint Your Lips

Saw Mulholland Drive just now.

Woah ... That was a mindfuck of grand proportions. I loved it. Though it felt a bit long at first, the actors totally made up for it by delivering amazing performances.

theis

awesome, man. you need to watch this movie a few times to really get all things.

i love it.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: theis on Jun 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
awesome, man. you need to watch this movie a few times to really get all things.

i love it.
Yeah, on the DVD's extra materiel, there's a "Lynch's ten clues to unlocking this thriller", so i'll see it one more time, bearing his clues in mind. That should help me. :)

ChickdelaLynch

Those clues never helped me. What I did, which is the absolute tideous and nerdy way of doing things, is just take a notepad and write down what you see and analyze it to death.

theis

UK release august 20th.

yesssssssssssssssssss! finally i'll get to see this movie.

KoRnudo

Oh yeah i love david lynch sMovies my favorite is Lost highway Also has a really good soundtrack and that girls is So Damn hot! I like that kind of movies because it doesnt really give u a meaning you just can give the meaning ypu want! YEah! JAja

bloody_liver

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Jun 18, 2007, 04:24 AM
Those clues never helped me. What I did, which is the absolute tideous and nerdy way of doing things, is just take a notepad and write down what you see and analyze it to death.

Yeah, I think the clues are just a tease. I own the coffee table book DAVID LYNCH: CATCHING THE BIG FISH, written by the man himself. One chapter is entitled THE BOX AND THE KEY, and all that this chapter contains is the words "I don't have a clue what those are."

For anyone who wants to share their grief of not understanding Mulholland Drive, join me in the Mulholland Drive support group.
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2425020

theis

just watched Inland Empire.

it was INSANE!

definitely the most bizarre lynch flick yet.

4.5/5

theis

"let's fuck! i'll fuck anything that moves!"

goldpony

daddy likes to fuck
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

haha.

such a great movie.

goldpony

my favorite lynch film along with lost highway
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

lost highway is probably his most twisted flick. creepy as fuck.

my favorite is mulholland dr.

all of his flicks are either amazing or great. except dune...

deftonekid

Quote from: Layla on Jun 04, 2007, 01:54 AM
I saw inland empire a week ago. in the movie theater. the whole time, i was tripping out.. the human mind wants to make logic of everything, and when you cant...it makes you uncomfortable..this movie, is davids best.

word. I got a big headache after watching it... me and my pal wa s like: fuck, Lynch is getting crazier... I want to watch it again to see if I understand something...

I guess my favorite Lynch movie is Wild at Heart just because I understood it jajaja. love Mulholland dr. tho...

theis

Got the complete Twin Peaks series (Gold Box Edition) for Christmas and I just finished it all tonight.

goddamnit, what an incredible show. some of the images from the show will remain in my head forever.

So creepy, so funny, so weird...just great.

deftonekid

For some weird reason I never finish watching Twin Peaks, I guess I need to get the dvd instead of watching it on TV cinema channels.