david lynch

Started by Layla, Dec 07, 2006, 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleepymaggie

weeee getting inland empire now!
wish me luck

Sold my hands for a dreamers gloves...

deftonekid

there you go with 3 hours of not knowing what the hell he's trying to say, good luck indeed.

theis

Inland Empire is truly the craziest movie experience i've ever had. but it's an amazing ride. i felt dizzy and uneven after i'd watched it.

deftonekid

yeah I had a big headache after watching it.

bright lights, big city

did you guys like The Straight Story? definitely not his best, but I saw it on tv a few weeks ago for the first time and thought it was pretty decent. but yeah, obviously nowhere near Mulholland
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

The Straight Story is the only Lynch flick I haven't seen. it looks really good though.

i've heard from many that it's completely different from anything else he's done.

bright lights, big city

yeah from Lynch movies I've seen it is different.

But damn dude I still gotta see Inland Empire...
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

turn1ps

I just realized this site has quite a bit more of my interests than just deftones. To see this many people being fans of lynch made me wet myself. I have everything Twin Peaks after randomly seeing it on my friends webcam and wondering who the hell is that awesome to make a show like that, not to mention the awesome music. And now on to see all the movies, sorry to bring up an old thread but having an actual thread with such a topic - cant pass it up.
Burn the leeches off of your body and walk out of the muck

goldpony

has anyone checked the lime green box yet?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

i really, REALLY want it, but it's just too damn expensive.

Penicks

Inland Empire is such an unbelievable pile of dogshit and only hippies would enjoy it.

goldpony

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Feb 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
i really, REALLY want it, but it's just too damn expensive.

yeah i know. that and the fact there seems to be a lot of BS on it too. I just want to know if it is worth it even to watch
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 10, 2009, 09:08 PM
Inland Empire is such an unbelievable pile of dogshit and only hippies would enjoy it.

i guess i'm a hippie then.

bright lights, big city

hey i hate hippies as much as the next guy, but that movie rawked
DERP

deftonekid

I think Lynch is so so overrated, I like some of his movies tho.

mss009

Lynch is a pure genius. From Twin Peaks, all the way up to Inland Empire. Each of his movies can stand alone and deliver a different interpretation from person to person.  You have to have respect for a filmmaker like that. In a world where Michael Bay summer blockbusters take all the movie buzz, I'm glad there is a person out there like David Lynch.

I didn't mean to unjustly out Michael Bay. I'm still a sucker for Armageddon.  :'(

Oh, and for a little giggle, check out Lynch on the I-phone. Hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

-Mike 

bright lights, big city

Quote from: mss009 on Apr 22, 2009, 06:47 AM
I didn't mean to unjustly out Michael Bay. I'm still a sucker for Armageddon.  :'(
I totally dislike Bay, but Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" gets me every time :D
DERP

deftonekid

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 22, 2009, 06:27 PM
I totally dislike Bay, but Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" gets me every time :D
haha that's so cheesy, but it has the same effect on me ;D

theis

Lynch is a pure genius. From Twin Peaks, all the way up to Inland Empire. Each of his movies can stand alone and deliver a different interpretation from person to person.  You have to have respect for a filmmaker like that. In a world where Michael Bay summer blockbusters take all the movie buzz, I'm glad there is a person out there like David Lynch.

Oh, and for a little giggle, check out Lynch on the I-phone. Hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

-Mike 

hey there, welcome to the board...glad to see another person who appreciates Lynch!

i recently bought his book, about meditation, consciousness and creativity, called Catching the Big Fish...pretty fascinating stuff.

mss009

That book taught me a lot about meditation and his experiences with it. He explains how he gets all of his ideas and whatnot. Cool stuff.

He occasionally goes on Campus tours to speak about meditation, and it's importance on one's well-being. He never comes anywhere close to me though....

-Mike