Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ Zevaka

Started by Zevaka, Dec 14, 2006, 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadimo

hey thanks for those, hah the pages takes ages and ages to load, very slow d/l too! I'll see if i have anough patience.

yeah i know Agatha Christie - never got into them.

What russian music you like? I love Splean, when i was leaving Russia, Splean - 25-ei Kadr Album came out and it was amazing and still is, reminds me of my country a lot and what a different life i used to have, hmm weird.

hah

Zevaka

at wat age dhid you leave Russia and why (if it's not a secret)? And where did you live then?

what about that site - i agree, it's really slow. But i never downloaded anything from there, so i don't care.

In fact, i don't really listen to Russian rock really often now. Though there are some good bands, especially old ones, who started in 1990 or so. Now there a lot of bands here, which try to copy some western, especially american alternative bands... i hate it. I wonder that a lot of people love their music, which is agressive (lyrically) as fuck, and too banal.

Now, Splean. I had all their discography and some really rare tracks, but after previous windows re-installation i lost it all. ((( Really cool band, true.

vadimo

Well im 20 now and i left at age of 15, my mother marrie on english man - but don't get me worn, it wasn't like a big drama for me, i was fucking exited go to live else where, everything is new, new life. I haven't been back since, i want to, but its money thing. I need to get some more money and maybe within 2 years i will go travel around the world..

I used to live St. Petersburgh - love that city, i never been to Moscow yet!

but i was told that Moscow and St. Petersburgh changed a lot, more modern. My relatives told me everyone got PCs now and Mobile phones. Now, when i was in Russia, gosh those things were such expensive/rare luxury.

Whats your view?

Zevaka

haha, true about mobile phones. fuck them, even 1st graderas have ones. Certainly PCs are not rare like they were 8-10 years ago (oh my god, they WERE rare). Never been to St. Petersburg, but planning to visit it soon. Everybody who was there say this city is awesome.
I hate when i need to visit Moscow. sO MANY PEOPLE AND TRAFFIC THERE, THERE'S NO FRESH AIR TO BREATHE)) ( <-- fuck caps lock.)

What about my town (i was born in Moscow,but moved to Chehov when i was about 6 month old)? It's really perfect place. It's rather small, only100,000 people (don't really know what area is). Government here really cares about sports in this town, it's like sport capital of Moscow region now.

Well, in some areas Moscow region (and, i bet, all European part of Russia) is as modern as all other European or NA countries . But in some... You know.

Btw, vadimo, did you start listening to Deftones being in Russia?

vadimo

Chehov sounds cool, you can get some shitholes mini-cities outside 2 main cities (Moscow and StP.) - maybe its all changed now.

Yeap i remember about Moscow people say that its just way to busy and polluted, but Yuriy Luzhkov made some changes. StP. = history/old buildings and Moscow = New, modern buildings (Thanks to mayor: Yuriy Luzhkov - who doesn't like or appreciate history)

Oh shit whats that called? the Moscow theme park which is now in prodcution, i remember briefly seen it on TV, it looked huge and on small land embedded with river?

I got into Deftones in year after i arrived to UK and you?

Zevaka

Quote from: vadimo on Feb 02, 2007, 06:56 PM
Oh shit whats that called? the Moscow theme park which is now in prodcution, i remember briefly seen it on TV, it looked huge and on small land embedded with river?
haha, in last years there some many grandiose projects in Moscow, so i don't really know which one you're talking about ;)
Quote from: vadimo on Feb 02, 2007, 06:56 PM
I got into Deftones in year after i arrived to UK and you?
I started... in 2003 i guess, when i've head Lucky You as Matrx: reloaded soundtrack (shitty film, imo). Before that i heard My Own Summer, but /i dunno why/ didn't understood it was awesome.
And now i don't really like lucky you, and s/t in general.
The first album i bought was black edition of White Pony. It was... there're no words to describe my feelings then. )))

vadimo

hah how weird lucky you was the song for you,

i used to hear MOS on matrix soundtrack, everybody had that soundtrack when Matrix came out. I liked it but a lot of times i would skip through it, like yeah yeah yeah they sond cool, next!

When i got to UK and began watching MTV2 - for some reasons MOS was plaid a lot and i was hey thats the band from Matrix CD, cool!

But later i heard Change on MTV2 and i was like wow really dig it, gotta get album with that song.

I found WP been weird and that time i wasn't into heavy music but i knew it wasn't metal record it was something else!

Gave CD back to my mate, after 2 weeks i went to the shop and bought it, the WP songs just stuck in my head.

WP > ATF > ADRENALINE > ST > SNW

you?

Zevaka

Oh. I think my order is like that:
1.WP
2.ATF
3.Adrenaline/Like (linus)
4.  SNW
4. S/t.

There so many tracks on scull album, which i skip while listening to it: gm beautiful, deathblow, battle-axe (it could be much more cool, if guys make some guitar and vocals explosion in the end, now its too boring), lucky you (chorus is sick, but i wouldn't listen the whole song for some seconds of orgasm), Moana (the worst final deftones ever had, imo). So, self-titled is the worst for me.

SNW seemed to be fucking cool at first, but now i don't feel it. Though it's  more amazing that "Deftones".

Vadimo, mate, what other bands do you like?

Saturday Night Whiskey

qual é Zevaka, tranquilo?

Im fucking bored dude, its 10:22 here and no one is online on my shit msn
stay tuned...

Quote from: Sea~Bass on Feb 22, 2007, 12:00 AM
Hexagram is the breakfast of champions.
Hexagram is the breakfast of us warriors.

Zevaka

if ya wish, i may join in some 5-10 minutes.

Zevaka

hydroponic82

im going to see peeping tom in a month

i hope your jealou so i can feel good about meself

Zevaka

Hm. In fact, i never feel jealous. But if it will let you feel good about yourself, then i  promise to be jealous in a month.

hydroponic82

nothing can ever make me feel good about myself unless i bone a close freinds of mines mother
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

we have something in common

vadimo

Quote from: Zevaka on Feb 03, 2007, 02:01 PM
Oh. I think my order is like that:
1.WP
2.ATF
3.Adrenaline/Like (linus)
4.  SNW
4. S/t.

There so many tracks on scull album, which i skip while listening to it: gm beautiful, deathblow, battle-axe (it could be much more cool, if guys make some guitar and vocals explosion in the end, now its too boring), lucky you (chorus is sick, but i wouldn't listen the whole song for some seconds of orgasm), Moana (the worst final deftones ever had, imo). So, self-titled is the worst for me.

SNW seemed to be fucking cool at first, but now i don't feel it. Though it's  more amazing that "Deftones".

Vadimo, mate, what other bands do you like?

hah fair anough, i still adore the ST album! But i think SNW - at first was so addictive, non stop listening for 1st 2 weeks and i still do a lot. But i can't decide now fav album, too hard!

I like a lot of stuff hmm ok;

- hardcore
- rock (alt rock whatever you call it hah)
- old school rock (like aerosmith)
- old school pop (like; tears for fears, pet shop boys)
- a little bit of metal
- a little bit of sort of country/folk/rock (example; 16 horsepower, johnny cash)
- a bit of sigur ross stuff like that

bands;
Posion The Well, Thursday, Tomahawk, Faith No More, PJ harvey, Bjork, Botch, Johnny Truant, Converge, team sleep and ahh dude too many bands check out myspace its got almost all bands i like; http://myspace.com/vadimo

hah what about you?

Zevaka

Well, i love good rock, first of all. And it doesn't matter it's hard or not, indie or heavy-metal. I love Converge, and at the same time i love things like The Decemberists, which are sometimes more close to pop than to rock music.
Bands are:
A.F.I., btw, it seems me and Chrisbo are the only AFI fans on this board
Alien Ant Farm
Amplifier
At The Drive-In
CKY
Death From Above 1979
Dillinger Escape Plan
Deftones
Dredg
Explosions in the sky
All Mike Patton's projects(FNM, Fantomas, Tomahawk, and others)
Glassjaw
Incubus
ISIS
Mewithoutyou
Sparta
Team Sleep
Weezer
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
and many others

And i'm fond of ambient/electronic music, like Hammock, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Amon Tobin, and, certainly, great Aphex Twin. His selected Ambient Works Vol.|| is one one of my favorite albums forever.

I have some problems with geetting into some new bands, mostly cuz i don't have enough patience to listen to new music carefully. It happens cuz every day i dl or buy some new albums, bands, shows, and have no time to listen to all of them. So, some weeks ago i said to me to stop dl and buying new staff and listen carefully to what i have. It really gives good results)))

vadimo

yeah i try balance out the 'new music' flow into my barins. But yeah cool music taste

tell me what sorta music is poplar in russian amongst teenagers? 

has hardcore and emo reached Russian teenagers?

Zevaka

if you mean music which is popular than pop and  pop-rock (hm, the only rock thing in those bands is that they use live instruments, drums, guitars, which arenot hard at all) with ugly lyrics and lame music.

There are a lot of rock bands, mostly alternative, certainly they are not on TV or radio stations. Russian MTV sucks more than anywhere i think.
Those bands are ugly, they often try to copy western alter music like Linkin park, Limp Bizkit and so on.
Such bands and singers as Splean, Zemfira and other (rather old ones) indie bands still counts, but not as it was 6-8 years ago.

Hardcore... It seems that this country doesnt need hardcore.

Emo. Don't know. I often meet  emo fucking kids in the streets in Moscow, so i think emo music exists in Russia, but i havent heard any Russian emo band...