Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@Variable

Started by rxqueen, Dec 27, 2006, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I will explain it to you when I have some time.  Maybe this evening.  But yeah.  Afghanistan has no resources for the US to gain.  It is mainly just the fucking Himalayas.  But the taliban was a oppressive force that worked hand in hand with al-quita and gave then safe haven for years.  The people of Afghanistan at first welcomed the taliban because they promised peace.  But then they became oppressive and started to abuse their powers.  And now we are giving them a means to liberate themselves.  Whatever is fucked up about that.... I don't know

marty

Quote from: Variable on Mar 15, 2007, 05:05 AM
I will explain it to you when I have some time.  Maybe this evening.  But yeah.  Afghanistan has no resources for the US to gain.  It is mainly just the fucking Himalayas.  But the taliban was a oppressive force that worked hand in hand with al-quita and gave then safe haven for years.  The people of Afghanistan at first welcomed the taliban because they promised peace.  But then they became oppressive and started to abuse their powers.  And now we are giving them a means to liberate themselves.  Whatever is fucked up about that.... I don't know
I love the words you use. Its very American Military
oppressive force
means to liberate themselves.

Im not having a go at you or trying to make fun of you. I just find it funny.

Variable

yeah, I try to sound official.  Seriously though when I have more time I will break it down and I think you will see.  The war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan are very different.  We are making HUGE progress in afgan too.

Mike21

I actually wanna hear about this.  I'll be looking forward to your post.

Deftones-argentina

Variable

sorry guys, I have been super busy this past week.  I will try to sit down maybe tonight.  But probably tomorrow and do my best to give you what I know of the facts out there.  Do some reading though.  on the ANA (afghanistan national army) and the ANP (afghanistan national police).  And if you are really bored.  Afgan history is really interesting.  These guys have literally been at war for 5000 years.

devilinside

Variable

:-) yeah , why?

devilinside

You just seem kinda grumpy,but maybe I am misunderstanding. Feel like I haven't talked to ya in ages.

Cool Kid! ;)

Variable

lol at you thinking something is wrong with me because I am grumpy.  I would have figured that you saw that as the norm.  But no, im fine.  I have actually not been trying to act like an ass hole at all in this thread as of late.  But I am pretty worn out.  This week has been super busy and im beat

law

Quote from: Variable on Mar 15, 2007, 05:25 AM
yeah, I try to sound official.  Seriously though when I have more time I will break it down and I think you will see.  The war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan are very different.  We are making HUGE progress in afgan too.

The British are, taking on Helmand province, that's one hell of job which the Americans landed us with.

Oh and for that the odd dumb schmuck yank bombs our soldiers, RIP Matty Hull.

Variable

NATO as a whole are in Afghanistan.  Not just the British and the US.

And I was not there when that bomb was called in.  But usually when a friendly gets a bomb dropped on them, it was because  they did not call it in properly. It would be pointless to try and point the finger at anyone though.  That is a horrible thing that I hope never happens again.

White Pwny

Trey Trey...

I haven't been around much this week.. and it's been a hellish bastid week.   I did see your pics of diving... Beautiful!   You looked hawt with that breathing device in yer mouth!   *winks*

I would have been scared to death!   Altho.. im a big pussy when it comes to big fish.....  *shivers*   What else is new?!?   Fill me in as I haven't been on too much...

Miss ya too!    :-*   

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

White Pwny

hiya again.... Trey.  :(

Miss talking to you!

White Pwny

Happy Birthday Trey Trey!!!!    WoooOOOoooT!   Cmere' for your birthday spanking.     ;)  Love ya daddy!

Variable

;-) thanks sinner.  You're the best

devilinside

Happy Birfday suga butt!!! :-*

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Apr 01, 2007, 04:43 PM
Happy Birfday suga butt!!! :-*

thanks you kelly.  I appreciate it
Quote from: blondie on Apr 02, 2007, 11:47 AM
variable is fucking old.
old enough to fuck your mom in 50 states

lollercoaster

afghanistan is occupied because they are in perfect position to run a pipeline through

n00b

Variable

except its not occupied.  And I can't remember the exact way they put it.  But the priority level of afghanistan is very low.  Something like it is more of a luxury to be there than anything else.  Which is a shame because it is where this fight started.  Plus NATO occupies Afghanistan.  And other countries of NATO occupy more of the land than we do.  We are pretty much only on the eastern border because that is the big hot spot.  There is one other hot spot that is occupied by only Britain and Canada down in the south west part of Afghanistan.  But other than that the US occupies the hardest parts.  and these parts hold the least amount of economic gain for the US because it is nothing but mountains.  The only thing this proves is that the us is willing to man up to the fight even when it does not have to.  And the only reason we are even in Afghanistan is because that is where the base for Al quita and the taliban were.  And they are still trying to take the country back.  So we are helping the first ever democracy of Afghanistan succeed.  Advising their only 5 year old army and 1 year old national police.  Trust me bro.  You do not want to talk Afghanistan with me.  I know way to much.  I shook hands and had small talk with the commander of the Afghanistan national army and the Afghanistan national police just last month.  These were amazing men who have fought against so many enemies including the soviets and the taliban because they believe in their country.  And they would not even think twice to take on the US or NATO if they did not think we had the best interest in their countries.  Learn something before you throw out a conspiracy theory at a truly beautiful effort that is taking place.