Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@Variable

Started by rxqueen, Dec 27, 2006, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

by one of the coolest chicks no less.  ~
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

White Pwny

Variable

hmmm, that's debatable

White Pwny

Oh yeah?   

Lies.   

lostpilot

what I like about you, is that you are smart.

Variable

ha.  Random.  But thank you.

lostpilot

Variable

I dont know.  Just seemed so

deafnotes

yo why did you choose to be involve in war?

Variable

because I like the taste of blood

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Hahahaha, oh you.

Variable

it seemed like a good answer at the time

whodunit?

White Pwny

Nah, the perfect soldier would be less beefy, and def have a bigger dick.  =o)    Oh yeah, and a FACE!!!    Can't forget a face!

Variable

deafnotes

Quote from: Variable on Jun 30, 2008, 07:22 AM
because I like the taste of blood

i need some serious answer man! :)

is there anymore reasons?

Variable

I dont know man.  What exactly are you looking for?  I posted this in the "stop loss" topic I made. when someone asked me a similar question.  Are you looking for why I joined the military?  Or why I went to afghanistan ( besides that they told me to) Or why I had fun there?  Or why im trying like hell to get to Iraq?  What exactly are you looking for?

Quote from: Variable on Jul 30, 2008, 11:12 PM
But as to why I actually joined?  To be honest, that was so long ago ( or seemed so long ago ) that I cant 100% really even remember.  I think my answer has changed a lot over the past couple years ( im coming up on my 3 year mark soon )
Was some of it just because I had nothing better to do?  yeah, same reason I sent myself to military school for my freshman year of high school.  I just get bored and like to try new things.  especially in high stress and challenging enviroments.
Any patriotic reasons?  Yeah.  I do believe in public service and earning your rights instead of expecting them.  Do I believe in the war in Iraq?  that's complicated.  When I first joined though, the answer was probably yes.  Now, to simplify, I dont believe that the was necessary at all.  I dont think we should have gone it.  However, now that we are there we need to finish the job properly.  That's the simple answer.  Afghanistan ( the only country I have actually deployed to ) yes.  I 100% believe our going there was necessary and appropriate.
Before I joined the navy i was a part time student.  I was working on a bachelors in EMS or maybe nursing.  I was an EMT Intermediate and worked in Presbyterian Hospital Albuquerque, NM in the ER as a ER Tech.  I loved my job and was really good at it.  I had a great  apartment, awesome friends, and was a generally happy person.  I had just started teaching health 101 at the community college I went to  ( a 30 dollar and hour job ) and was a shoe in to start teaching the EMT class if I stuck around for a couple years as they already let me volunteer my time and teach it.  But I just wanted more.  Wanted to go out and get some adventure before I settled down.  The military just seemed like a good way to do that
Money for school?  No.  Just be be blunt and honest, my family ( well on my dads side anyways) is very wealthy. 
another big reason was that I was very intrigued by field medicine and wanted an opportunity to do some no shit field medicine.  the 6th episode of band of brothers really made me start to contemplate that one. 
..........I could probably go on for a while.  It just seemed like I would regret it more if I did not do it, than if I did.  So I did.  Will I stay in my whole life?  mmmmmm I dont know yet.  Im giving a lot of thought to law school.  But we will see.

Hope that was a sufficient answer

deafnotes

i think those answers are fine.
it seems like we are in the same age. did the sept 11 2001 attack affected you? i mean you live in america at that time and me, i live in diff country i just saw it on tv and its fuk up.
have you ever shoot someone and been to a real shooting battle? (u know those war fight we see on tv)

i have a cousin who just married a guy lives in america (he serves in army  and i think he served in italy.) i dont know wtf is he doing in italy. but yeah he quit i think because he misses her.

Variable

Im 22, just if you were wondering.

And I am from New Mexico.  Which is very far from new york so I was not like directly affected by 911.  But I mean, it was an attack on my country.  I don't take that lightly at all.  I am a firm believer in the "speak softly, but carry a big stick" policy.  And yes I realize that the US doesn't really speak softly at all these days.  But I still believe in dropping the Hammer on someone who attacks you.  I don't believe that war is something to be taken lightly.  I think that war can pretty much be avoided in any situation.  However once someone fires that first shot, its all over.  Al Qaeda fired that first shot.  A really big first shot at that.  And it wasn't the first time.  Just the most successful.  So, its hammer time

Do I believe that Saddam Hussain had anything to do with 911?  No.  Do I think Iraq was a threat to the national security of The US before Operation Iraqi Freedom?....probably not.  Do I think there is Al Quaeda in Iraq today?  Absolutely.  Do I think we need to finish what we started?  100%.

And yes I recently did 9 months in afghanistan.  I saw combat multiple times. 

And yes, the US Army has multiple forces ( I think they call them Brigades) In Europe.  Just like I am stationed in Japan.  Its not like a combat deployment.  Its just an over seas duty station.  Im not 100% sure of the reason the Army is in Europe.  But im sure it has a lot to do with not concentrating our forces in 1 spot.  I know that we are in Japan, guam, and South Korea because of the unstable Asia countries ( especially North Korea) in the region.  Also because Japan does not have a military, so we took over that responsibility for them.