Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@Variable

Started by rxqueen, Dec 27, 2006, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

hey, what you're up to?

White Pwny

He's up to being a lazy GI Joe.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

It
Quote from: devilinside on Sep 17, 2008, 12:29 AM
lazy betch!
PRETTY MUCH!  Na, once again im going to blame my ridiculously slow internet for this one.  It takes for dam ever to upload shit.  You peoples have never known me to live anywhere but Okinawa and Afghanistan ( the lands of slow ass internet) you think im bad now, just wait ;)
Quote from: whodunit? on Sep 17, 2008, 12:39 AM
Quote from: Variable on Sep 17, 2008, 12:16 AM
yes sir.  I have a combat action ribbon anyways.  so I guess that must mean I did ;)
I'm a shit magnet man.  I was in more fire fights than anyone else on my team in Afghanistan.  When I worked in the ER, We always got the codes (dead people) on my team.  Especially kids.  And out here on Okinawa as an EMT.  I showed up to a shif that hadn't averaged 1 call a month.  On my first day I got two. 
But yeah Iraq = IEDs.  Afghanistan = sustained fire fights.  Afghans love to fight.  I think the longest fire fight we were in was 8 hours.  The shortest....1-2 hours.  We did have a few people take some pop shots at us while we were signing peace treaties.  But we just ignored them , because the damage it would cause to the peace agreement for us to shoot back and go after them.
I have a bunch of videos and shit I should upload to youtube.  I have just never done it.

oh, serious stuff. I've more respect to you, man.

Aren't the videos too intimate stuff to upload them? I mean you have combat "movies" shot when others were dying, right?
It was serious.  But its amazing how different it is than you would think.  If you are trained properly.  And have confidence in the people you are with, you would be surprised how well the human mind can handle such things.

and its not really like that with those videos.  I mean if some CRAZY shit was going down.  I had my M4 in my hand, not my camera.  But the Afghans didn't have armored vehicles.  They just had ford rangers.  So if any shit went down.  They all bailed out and walked back to the base as long as we were only a few kilometers away.  So on some of those long walks back ( in which I was driving) I took some videos of them reacting to some small harassing fire. It was after most of the crazyness was over. Also I just have some cool videos anyways.  Of the country and the people.  Most of what we did over there revolved around trying to win over the support and confidence of the afghans to their new government.  Not so much combat operations.  But obviously, there're are always a few ass holes that want to ruin it for everyone.  So in those few instances, we had to react you know.  But as I said, most of my pics and videos are of nice and peaceful things.

Variable

Quote from: bored on Sep 17, 2008, 12:47 AM
hey, what you're up to?
chilling man.  Starting to check out of my command.  Its a completely unnecessarily lengthy process.  But it means that the end is in sight.  So im happy. 

what are you up to these days?
Quote from: White Pwny on Sep 17, 2008, 01:40 AM
liar.  Im always hard at work.  Or hardly working.  Either way, it takes effort.  and im pretty sure I could kick GI Joes ass.....pretty sure.

whodunit?

Quote from: Variable on Sep 17, 2008, 03:41 AM
Quote from: bored on Sep 17, 2008, 12:47 AM
hey, what you're up to?
chilling man.  Starting to check out of my command.  Its a completely unnecessarily lengthy process.  But it means that the end is in sight.  So im happy. 

what are you up to these days?
Quote from: White Pwny on Sep 17, 2008, 01:40 AM
liar.  Im always hard at work.  Or hardly working.  Either way, it takes effort.  and im pretty sure I could kick GI Joes ass.....pretty sure.

lol, you mean HARD WORKING ;)

upload the videos, man.

White Pwny

This IS Trey.... I'm pretty sure he meant hard at work.   

whodunit?

Quote from: White Pwny on Sep 18, 2008, 12:51 AM
This IS Trey.... I'm pretty sure he meant hard at work.   

lol, true.

Variable

all of the above!

White Pwny

*waves at Secret Squirrel*

lostpilot

Lance is goooooooooooooooone :(

Variable

yeah but im still here.  Plus I think we can all agree that lady liberty is much more beautiful than lance

devilinside

I have that coin!!!

lostpilot

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have that coin!!!
for realz?  Do you collect coins?  Or just happen to have it?  I have had a sudden really weird obsession with coins lately.  Thank god I managed to have some impluse control.  I almost dropped 3 grand on the US mint web site last weekend.  But then my senses got the better of me.  I was just looking up some of the symbols on our coins, just out of curiousity to see what used to be on our currency.  And I noticed how beautiful some of the coins were.  Now im all about it.  I think its because deep down, im a pirate.

So this coin.  Is it proof?  or uncirculated? Silver? Gold? Platinum?

im telling everyone that I know to go out and buy bullion coins right now.  If the market crashes ( which it very well could) and we go into another depression and your dollar isnt worth the paper it is printed on anymore.  Gold will still be worth what gold is worth in other countries,  Sure, you wont make any interest on it.  But it also doesnt inflate like the dollar does.  So you cant think of it as like a 3-4.0% interest just because thats how high inflation is right now.  If the market gets better, I will sell the gold and put my money back into it. But im putting a little aside in gold just to play it safe.

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Sep 18, 2008, 03:02 AM
*waves at Secret Squirrel*
*doesn't wave back because he cant acknowledge his decision as a secrete squirrel*

hi sinner.  How was your exercise?

Variable

Quote from: bored on Sep 18, 2008, 04:44 PM
booooring
no man.  Its not boring.  I get inspired in a deep way when I think about what that represents.  She is not a symbol just for the US and France.  She is a symbol that represents the ideas of all free men and women everywhere.  I hope she inspires more people and we get our liberties back some day.

So im curious man.  Why Ireland and not the US or England?

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Sep 18, 2008, 06:30 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Sep 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have that coin!!!
for realz?  Do you collect coins?  Or just happen to have it?  I have had a sudden really weird obsession with coins lately.  Thank god I managed to have some impluse control.  I almost dropped 3 grand on the US mint web site last weekend.  But then my senses got the better of me.  I was just looking up some of the symbols on our coins, just out of curiousity to see what used to be on our currency.  And I noticed how beautiful some of the coins were.  Now im all about it.  I think its because deep down, im a pirate.

So this coin.  Is it proof?  or uncirculated? Silver? Gold? Platinum?

im telling everyone that I know to go out and buy bullion coins right now.  If the market crashes ( which it very well could) and we go into another depression and your dollar isnt worth the paper it is printed on anymore.  Gold will still be worth what gold is worth in other countries,  Sure, you wont make any interest on it.  But it also doesnt inflate like the dollar does.  So you cant think of it as like a 3-4.0% interest just because thats how high inflation is right now.  If the market gets better, I will sell the gold and put my money back into it. But im putting a little aside in gold just to play it safe.

Let me go get it and look. I have a few coins,they aren't mine however,but my son's. His great grandfather collects coins,and bought them for him. I'll get them and take pics and find the info on them.

devilinside

Ok here they are. Tribute to 911

These are the one you have,but I dont think this one is proof. It's not flawless.

This is my super nice one though. It comes in this case (didnt feel like flipping it),and the coin itself is proof. It paper inside say's" The United States Mint certifies that this coin is a proof version of the one ounce U.S. silver bullion coin"

Variable

oh my.  It is so beautiful! I love it!  I'm going to buy a few different coins when I get home.  Silver is a good metal to own.  Because it fluctuates so much.  You can buy it really cheap because it has extreme lows.  And then if you hold on to it long enough it will have an extreme high.  It has a very constant cycle.

devilinside

Yeah,the last one is beautiful. It's just soo perfect compared to the other one like it..all shiny and in the velvet case. haha The other you can actually open the plastic case it's in,but the bottom one is sealed in the plastic.