Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@Variable

Started by rxqueen, Dec 27, 2006, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

meh.  It was ok.  I won't know for like two months.  But I dont feel all that great about it.  I needed to do REALLY good on it.  And I feel like I only did ok.

devilinside

Did you participate in any Tea Party's?

Variable

lol no.  Although they did make me laugh when I saw them on the news.  I do think Obamas taxing is just completely ridiculous ( and I would be way more accurate to say the federal governments taxing over the past.....lots of administrations ) Just Obama happened to make it even higher. 
But I would more than likely not get along with those crowds very well either.  People always look at me and see a nice looking, clean cut, white skinned , blonde haired, well spoken American male and automatically assume that I love Jesus, hate black people, and am a die hard "right wing conservative" until the day I die.  So they try to bring me into their circles and talk hate talk, then I get em back and it pisses them off.  It's really lame that being so unenlightened is such a popular thing to do in America.

devilinside

Yeah..I saw a lot of local things going on around here. Funny really. It seems as though if the republicans have office they are calm and content,but put someone else in,and they have to cause a scene. Just my observation. I'm tired of politics in general though.

Variable

You know what though.  It's not just republicans who are mad.  I mean, I see how its easy to generalize it like that, but I think thats harmful.  People seem to just pick a side, Republican or Democrat.  So a lot of Democrats are just turning a blind eye when they should be getting mad, just because their boy is in office.  The exact same way ( as you just said ) that a lot of Republicans did when Bush was in office. 

I'm with you though.  I'm tired of politics as usual.  People keep bickering over the dumbest shit, while the big issues go by unnoticed.  I'm so tired of watching the news and their pundits or just listening to the guys I work with talk, because they all sound so stupid.  Getting so worked up over shit that doesn't matter at all.  Then having the shit that does matter so backwards.  It all just seems so irrelevant to me.  But trying to get someone to take a step back and disassociate themselves with what they feel is reality and what they feel is so important, and look at the REAL big picture, is just almost impossible.  Its frustrating.

Shaye

Heyyyyyy Treyyyyyyy...

Variable

hey stranger.  Whats up?

devilinside

So tonight,I'm borrowing a friends GenKill dvd's. Have you ever seen it? From what I hear,it's REALLY good. Plus it's got this really hot dude in it. :D

Variable

I have seen it.  Actually made a topic about it in the cinema/tv forum.  Its pretty good.  A lot of guys I know, who have actually been deployed with the Marine Corps, really like it.  No matter what, I don't think a film maker will ever be able to capture what it really is like to be in the fleet.  They always seem to use just a bit too much jargon and just somehow always get it wrong.  But this one is probably about as close as its going to get.  I think the parts we like the most is how it shows just how disconnected the higher ranking marines are from whats really going on.  The Sergeant Major is only worried about hair cuts instead of people getting waxed.  And some of the officers just can't do anything right.  Its a good flick.  And a couple of the marines in the series are actual marines who were there.  I think ( although I'm not positive ) that Rudy is actually the only one playing himself.  But there are at least two other real marines who were there playing other people.  The first episode is a bit slow, but it picks up.  have fun

I also went and say my first NIN concert last night!  It was awesome.  NIN opened for Jane's Addiction, which I thought was a bit backwards.  But I was actually really surprised how good Jane's was.  But Trent was fucking on it.  He really rocked the place.  And that Robin kid is awesome too.  I was a bit late to the show, because my friend had to fucking watch the stupid ass Red Wings game.  But i think we just missed two songs.  terrible lie was playing as we were coming in.  I talked to a lot of people there who said they had been to a lot of NIN shows and said this was the best in their opinion.  So I felt like I get a pretty good deal all in all. 

devilinside

I actually liked the show,I'm surprised! (but I do have a wee crush on the guy that played Brad) I thought it was cool that they had Rudy in it also. It was kinda depressing,seeing all the children killed and innocent families blown up for no reason. I could never handle being in the military. Not only cause of having to take orders from the occasional douchebag,but there are too many good looking dudes. LOL I watched the special features on the dvd's,and it showed the actual men they played and talked about the accuracy of the show,they said it was pretty spot on.... All in all I was fairly impressed. So,you're a medic like that one dude?

And congrats on your first NIN show! EVERYONE always says the one they just watched is better than their last.  ;) To me none of them beat the Fragility tour.  :(  And Robin is my guy!! He's fucking fabulous!!

Variable

Yeah actually the guy they call "doc" that is my exact job.  It's really hard to explain to people how I'm in the Navy, but not really, more in the marines as a medic.  I never really thought to tell people to just watch generation kill.

Fruity Rudy is a cool guy.  I mean, I guess he is.  I want to talk to some guys who know him and see if he was liked or not.  And its not "brad" its Be Rad.  Get it straight  ;) . But yeah the children and innocents dying is a bit rough.  They need to show it though.  people need to realize that not just bad guys die and war.  and weigh if its worth it or not.  And yeah most girls in the military are whores because they are constantly surrounded by a shit ton of pretty good looking guys.  And as far as taking orders goes....well.....thats just why you get rank I suppose.  it seems to me that somehow you can be a leader no matter what level your on and influence those above you to not be douchebags anymore.

But the show was a lot of fun.  I don't know what was the best NIN tour ever.  All I know is that Trent was on point.  The rest of the band too.  I'm really glad I got to see them ( seeing as how that was only my 3rd show ever )

devilinside

I still remain pretty anti-war. But I'm glad I watched it. And I want to shoot one of those big ass guns reeeeeally bad.

Variable

Which big ass gun? We got a couple of them.

Oh and I'm anti war too.  But I guess its not always our decision.

devilinside

All of them are big to me! I'm used to small hand helds. I would love to shoot the one on top of the hummvee most me thinks...  8)

devilinside

Oh my god dude...seriously...The fucking Fragile?!?! The one goddamn song I want to hear...and YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on May 18, 2009, 07:06 AM
All of them are big to me! I'm used to small hand helds. I would love to shoot the one on top of the hummvee most me thinks...  8)
lol, well we have 4 that we mount on top on the vehicles.  Are you talking about the one that they were having all the problems with the lubrication?  That one is called the MK-19.  It is a "machine gun" But in reality its an automatic grenade launcher.  I love that thing.  The other really big gun is the M2 ( .50 cal ) That thing is a beast.  They are both a lot of fun to shoot.
Quote from: devilinside on May 18, 2009, 08:07 AM
Oh my god dude...seriously...The fucking Fragile?!?! The one goddamn song I want to hear...and YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(
and oh man.  The fragile was amazing.  It was the best song of the whole performance.  That and Physical made the whole show worth it right there.

White Pwny

Hiii Trey Trey!  =)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on May 18, 2009, 04:07 PM
lol, well we have 4 that we mount on top on the vehicles.  Are you talking about the one that they were having all the problems with the lubrication?  That one is called the MK-19.  It is a "machine gun" But in reality its an automatic grenade launcher.  I love that thing.  The other really big gun is the M2 ( .50 cal ) That thing is a beast.  They are both a lot of fun to shoot.
Oh my god dude...seriously...The fucking Fragile?!?! The one goddamn song I want to hear...and YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(
and oh man.  The fragile was amazing.  It was the best song of the whole performance.  That and Physical made the whole show worth it right there.

Yeah the one that kept jamming up was the one I'm thinkin about. That thing was awesome. LOL! I honestly don't see how you don't go deaf from that though. The reporter who was following them around said it was louder sitting below it while it was being fired,that when standing behind it it wasn't as bad.

And that reminds me,it sucks to see guys soo happy just to get a small can of lube for their weapons. Was that something that was taken when that one supply like truck got seized,or were they really that unequipped? I would hate to think all this money being spent on war and you guys aren't getting what you need.

Shaye

Quote from: Variable on May 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
hey stranger.  Whats up?

Eh...nothing really. I'm just taking one day at a time. People always say that, but I really mean it. Thinking too far into the future stresses me out like crazy.

How are you?

Variable

Quote from: devilinside on May 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
Quote from: Variable on May 18, 2009, 04:07 PM
Oh my god dude...seriously...The fucking Fragile?!?! The one goddamn song I want to hear...and YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(

Yeah the one that kept jamming up was the one I'm thinkin about. That thing was awesome. LOL! I honestly don't see how you don't go deaf from that though. The reporter who was following them around said it was louder sitting below it while it was being fired,that when standing behind it it wasn't as bad.

And that reminds me,it sucks to see guys soo happy just to get a small can of lube for their weapons. Was that something that was taken when that one supply like truck got seized,or were they really that unequipped? I would hate to think all this money being spent on war and you guys aren't getting what you need.
Yeah those weapons are loud as fuck no matter where you're sitting.  A LOT of service members have hearing loss.   They make ear protection that is made to block out really loud sounds but allows in sounds like human voices.  But they are kind of bulky and expensive.  I have a little $10.00 pair that is supposed to do the same thing though having a really small hole in them.  They work pretty well.  But still, most guys are too cool to wear ear pro.  Plus its really uncomfortable. 
The MK19 is a bad ass weapon though.  It is just plain brutal.  A weapon that can put a lot of guys into the meat grinder real quick.  It fires 40MM grenades as an automatic machine gun.  I believe the kill radius is 15 ft on those.  So you can volley grenades with a 15 ft kill radius at a very fast rate.  Plus it is the only crew served weapon ( big ass gun on the trucks ) that can shoot over a defilade.  Meaning that if bad guys attack and then bail out behind something or run over a mountain, you can shot the MK19 and lob the grenades over an obstacle to get them.  Very useful for the mountains of Afghanistan.
Them not having lube happened before they abandoned the supply truck.  Unfortunately , all the little snide comments about the Army having all the gear and the Marines having nothing is very true.  The Marines just don't get the funding.  The Army has massive amounts of money and massive amounts of excess while the Marines scrounge for everything.  Even today, Most marines who deploy are still using M16s instead of M4s.  Every mother fucker in the Army has a M4.  Even the ones who they know will never leave the base.  Its sickening.  It causes a lot of hate between the infantry ( the guys doing the real shit ) and the P.O.G.s ( persons other than grungs ) the pussies who might as a well be replaced with civilians.  But it is getting better for the Marines.  They have had a lot of success in this war compared to the Army.  So congress is having a love affair with the Corps and is getting them the funding.  It's a double edged sword though.  Because the Marines had so little, they were taught to improvise and overcome.  They were taught to conserve and be grateful for what they have.  Not be spoiled brats like the Army.  It is all part of being a Marine and the Marine mind set.  Hopefully the Marines don't loose that.  It is, amongst many other things, one of the reasons Marines are so hard.
I wish everyone would watch this series.  Then you guys could understand what the fuck I'm talking about when I get all pissed off and discontent about something at work.  I don't even bother venting here because I know no one knows what the fuck I'm talking about.
Quote from: Shaye on May 19, 2009, 05:42 AM
Quote from: Variable on May 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
hey stranger.  Whats up?

Eh...nothing really. I'm just taking one day at a time. People always say that, but I really mean it. Thinking too far into the future stresses me out like crazy.

How are you?
Lol, what are you stressing about crazy?  I hope life is treating you well?  What are you up to these days?
I am also pretty much taking life day by day.  I'm in a kind of transitional period.  I was trying to just enjoy living in the states are party it up while I could.  But now I'm within a couple months of deploying again.  So now I have to quit having fun and get back into the mind set to get ready to deploy again.  It just takes a lot more discipline to get back into it.  A lot of exercise, a lot of studying, and now I get to complicate things because I'm in charge of a group of guys so I have to make sure they are ready too.  I'm excited though.  I think its going to be a good deployment.  It should be a good way to end my military career.