Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

I'm Learning At the Gates - Into the dead sky.. That songs hard ass hell to play.. I love it .. its so melodic and just heavy in its own way..
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Listening to this crazy ass two-piece band called Lightning Bolt.

They're hard to describe, just bass, drums, the occasional unintelligable vocals. Really speedy music, surprisingly heavy as well.

If'n you want to check them out, www.myspace.com/laserbeast . I suggest listening to Captain Caveman.

What genre would Eyehategod be considered? Doom?

oldgentlovecraft

sludge, which is like doom metal from the south. 

333tone

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 25, 2007, 06:05 AM

They're hard to describe, just bass, drums, the occasional unintelligable vocals. Really speedy music, surprisingly heavy as well.

shit, i thought i was the only one who knew them! i got an album(Wonderful Rainbow), they're indeed pretty weird!

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 25, 2007, 03:19 PM
sludge, which is like doom metal from the south. 

Sweet.

I love EHG.

Quote from: 333tone on Jan 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 25, 2007, 06:05 AM

shit, i thought i was the only one who knew them! i got an album(Wonderful Rainbow), they're indeed pretty weird!

I have one of their albums, I forget which, and a random bunch of limewire tunes I downloaded. So I have no idea what albums they're from.

But I really dig Captain Caveman, Dracula Mountain, and 13 Monsters.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Jan 24, 2007, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jan 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 23, 2007, 01:41 AM
Meshuggah is a great band.  Ever heard their early material?  It sounds much more like Metallica, it's kind of funny actually. 

yeah its quite similiar, they have said they were influenced by a lot of 80's metal so...i dunno, makes sense. But their newer shit is amazing.

and Ghost said 'At The Gates' was a good band.  'At the Gates' are a KILLER band!!!
they sound like an early version of 'Lamb of God' sort of. well, LOG definatly have been influenced by them.

Erm, I don't really see similarities between Lamb of God and At The Gates. Bands like The Black Dahlia Murder have a heavy influence from At The Gates.

yeah actually you're totally right. i listened to a lot of black dahlia murder yesterday, and it really stood out.
<

Nailec

can anyone help me with some bands that probablly sound like simlar to the two remixes of jesu songs that can be found here?

http://www.myspace.com/officialjesu 

i mean. i know pelican isis and stuff but i need some shit with this light electronic touch in there.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

65daysofstatic

It's a post-rock band, in the essence of Pelican, more mellow, but with some crazy ass electronica thrown in there.

Really good shit.

Lemme know what you think.

Azwethinkweiz

65days is excellent.

'the fall of math' is an awesome album.

oldgentlovecraft

Check this blog out, I go every day and find something new.  For experimental, ambient metal.  Lots of doom and drone like Sun0))).

http://bloodistruth.blogspot.com/index.html

Azwethinkweiz

i saw Sun0))) live at roskilde festival in 2005.

it was pretty good.

Zevaka

Theatre Of Tragedy
don't you know whats that?

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
65days is excellent.

'the fall of math' is an awesome album.

They're all fucking great. I love every single song on Hole.

Nailec

thanks to all.

65 daysofstatic habe been on my pc for a long time, but i never noticed that. it is great and just what i needed.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Zevaka on Jan 30, 2007, 06:13 PM
Theatre Of Tragedy
don't you know whats that?

I've heard the new album is phenomenal but haven't listened to them ever.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Nailec on Jan 31, 2007, 12:33 AM
thanks to all.

65 daysofstatic habe been on my pc for a long time, but i never noticed that. it is great and just what i needed.

Sweet deal dude.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these dudes fucking rule.

Drakesmoke1

I tell you what would be cool, what with so many subgenres floating about - why don't a couple of knowledgeable people get together a tracklist for some introductory compilations.
Like 'SharingLungs presents...An Idiot's Guide to Old-Skool Malawian Ambient Sludge-Grind', or that kind of thing.
'That island, on the beach. We could take this boat...'

oldgentlovecraft

oldgentlovecraft

I was banging some Suffocation last night.  Their new album is pretty good.

Drakesmoke1

'That island, on the beach. We could take this boat...'