Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheScumfiend

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 03, 2007, 09:21 PM
8)

so much of that is so out, and slade Glam Metal..... no Glam Rock, I'm quite offended by the remotest idea of them being described as metal
My weekly Chart:

TheScumfiend

Atm Mainly into

Post-metal (isis, pelican, The Ocean), grindcore (Pig Destroyer, Agrophobic Nosebleed, napalm Death) and drone (Sunn o))), Boris), other than that Mastadon are awesome, and so are She says destroy.

I'm more into the weirder more experimental types than straight up-metal these days.  And I'm more into hardcore than straight up metal.  altho I will listen to most types of metal.
My weekly Chart:

Nailec

oldgentlovecraft

I enjoy Khanate more than Boris or Sun0))).  Pig Destroyer is in my top ten of all time, although between Terrifyer and PitY I'm not sure which is their best album. 

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
I enjoy Khanate more than Boris or Sun0))).  Pig Destroyer is in my top ten of all time, although between Terrifyer and PitY I'm not sure which is their best album. 

Boris > Khanate > Sunn0)))

I love Sunn oh so much, but I really don't get what all the worshiping them is for...I can't sit down and listen to any of it...It's more....background noise. I just can't deal with it.

oldgentlovecraft

I completely agree with you, it's like listening to a horror film score with distortion and repitition.  It needs a bit more meat.  Wasn't there just a collaboration released between Boris and Sun0)))?  Oh yeah, who likes Akercocke here?  They are my favorite black metal band of all time.  Now if I could just catch them in the states some time...I also like Electric Wizard and worhsip Burning Witch.  Funeral doom is a must in my book and I keep spinning the Catacombs album nearly every day.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I fucking love Electric Wizard.

Oh man, I tripped out the other day, I was listening to Electric Wizard on my iPod wandrin' home from a friend's house, when I happened upon a construction site. I looked up and saw a sign on the fence that said "Wizard Electric". I was totally freaking ot.

The Boris/Sunn0))) collab is called Altar and it's really damn fucking ass cool. It's got Boris' metal and plain rock sides melded with the drone of Sunn0))).

It's a must-have for any Boris or Sunn fan.

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

oldgentlovecraft

I love the last Celtic Frost and their first two albums were pretty good too.  Is that quote under your avatar Burroughs?  Oh well.  I heard a little from Altar and I actually liked it.  Listening to some God Among Insects right now, fucking excellent death metal.

333tone

It's actually from the new Isis album, and it's been credited to Hassan-i Sabbah. Monotheist is a great album indeed. I've been listening to Candlemass and My Dying Bride lately

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: 333tone on Jan 12, 2007, 02:32 PM
It's actually from the new Isis album, and it's been credited to Hassan-i Sabbah. Monotheist is a great album indeed. I've been listening to Candlemass and My Dying Bride lately

It's a cool qoute either way.  I got into My Dying Bride by reading in the lyric booklet for a Cradle of Filth album  (I don't care I think they fucking own) and that's how I became hooked.  Candlemass not so much.  I need to find the 43.788% Complete (or whatever in the hell the title is) album because nobody has it.  It was the slightly experimental album that everyone disliked.

4th Eye

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 09, 2007, 01:45 AM
Quote from: 4th Eye on Jan 07, 2007, 09:28 AMJosh, if I remember your name correctly YFM, you should too check out Swallow The Sun. And Callisto. I just have to promote bands from my homeland cuz Finland is, along with Sweden (and Norway in black metal), the home of metal. ;D

What type of music do they play?

And Josh is right :)

Swallow The Sun is doom/death metal....I would compare them to Opeth. And Callisto is kinda like Neurosis, Isis, Cult Of Luna etc.

I also watched Headbanger's Journey and enjoyed it. Quite interesting and the guys from Mayhem seemed like nice people... ::)

Azwethinkweiz

what about the interview with "gaahl" from gorgoroth?

damn, one twisted fuck right there.

".......................................................................long pause................................satan"

lol.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: 4th Eye on Jan 15, 2007, 03:05 PM
Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 09, 2007, 01:45 AM
Quote from: 4th Eye on Jan 07, 2007, 09:28 AMJosh, if I remember your name correctly YFM, you should too check out Swallow The Sun. And Callisto. I just have to promote bands from my homeland cuz Finland is, along with Sweden (and Norway in black metal), the home of metal. ;D

What type of music do they play?

And Josh is right :)

Swallow The Sun is doom/death metal....I would compare them to Opeth. And Callisto is kinda like Neurosis, Isis, Cult Of Luna etc.

I also watched Headbanger's Journey and enjoyed it. Quite interesting and the guys from Mayhem seemed like nice people... ::)

Rad, I'll have to check them out once I can hook my laptop up to the interweb.

333tone

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 15, 2007, 06:57 PM
what about the interview with "gaahl" from gorgoroth?

damn, one twisted fuck right there.

".......................................................................long pause................................satan"

lol.
lol, these people have damaged their brain cells!!!
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Quote from: 333tone on Jan 12, 2007, 02:32 PM

It's a cool qoute either way.  I got into My Dying Bride by reading in the lyric booklet for a Cradle of Filth album  (I don't care I think they fucking own) and that's how I became hooked.  Candlemass not so much.  I need to find the 43.788% Complete (or whatever in the hell the title is) album because nobody has it.  It was the slightly experimental album that everyone disliked.
i'm looking for that album too. i have some friends who are into that shit, if i get it, i'll upload it for you. i'm looking for Krux II(by Krux), i loved their first one!

oldgentlovecraft

Some of those black metal fuckers, and I mean the traditional black metal that started it all, were seriously scary.  They burned churches and murdered people.  How much more evil can you get?  Gorgoroth's newer album is awesome, especially with Frost on the drums again.  And thanks ahead of time 333tone, if you find it. 

Azwethinkweiz

how can you say that gorgoroth's album is awesome ?

they're evil people, man.

they shouldn't be supported in any way.

333tone

there are many people involved with black metal that do whatever they do just to make people pay attention. i know many people that would listen to black metal just to show they're different from others, and now that they know that they don't need to pretend, they've calmed down. on the other hand, there are many who support that they have  this certain belief and they express it through music(like the recent suicide of an Emperor member, or fucked-up Mayhem members). it's really a hard thing to see where music stops and where propaganda(with the "help" of music) begins

Azwethinkweiz

gorgoroth supports the burning of churches.

i can't see how anyone can support a band like that.

like i said, it's fucking evil.

Jacob

current favorites...

The Berzerker
Agalloch
Strapping Young Lad
Anaal Nathrak
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep