Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

You think Gorgoroth is amazing?

...why ?

xDeadstar

I personally think it's because they're one of the best underground bands that excist.

yoda on mars

Quote from: theis on May 05, 2007, 05:18 PM
You think Gorgoroth is amazing?

...why ?

no, their music is pretty bad. I think the vocalist si an amazing person - scary on teh second hand. he's like Rasputin or someone.

xDeadstar

Quote from: yoda on mars on May 05, 2007, 06:07 PM
I think the vocalist si an amazing person - scary on teh second hand.

He indeed is an amazing person, but very very very scary though.... the painted faces goes a little bit too far for me.

yoda on mars

Quote from: xDeadstar on May 05, 2007, 06:10 PM

He indeed is an amazing person, but very very very scary though.... the painted faces goes a little bit too far for me.

it's not the painted faces what is scary.

it's the perosnality.

fuck, just watch last 3 minutes of this part of the interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avnsgYvHPK8&mode=related&search=

xDeadstar

Quote from: yoda on mars on May 05, 2007, 06:55 PM
Quote from: xDeadstar on May 05, 2007, 06:10 PM

it's not the painted faces what is scary.

it's the perosnality.

fuck, just watch last 3 minutes of this part of the interview....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avnsgYvHPK8&mode=related&search=

Yeah that's also true...

I've watch it.... fuck.... what a guy....
*enjoy the silence...*
Making him wait is not a good thing to do....

theis

There's nothing amazing about him.

He's just a regular nutcase.

333tone

the man appears to have visions, lol!

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

theis

I don't get why people like that form of music. It's just plain evil and hateful.

No redeeming values whatsoever.

xDeadstar

Quote from: 333tone on May 05, 2007, 07:53 PM
the man appears to have visions, lol!

why doesn't that really surprise at all....

White Wrist

i just saw the interview. I am not into BM...but i like to know and to see that type of things.

but...i think is just...show-off, and marketing.

yoda on mars

blackened metal is much more fun

Behemoth is great!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: tarkil on May 03, 2007, 03:55 PM
Opeth sucks big ass anyway, maybe that's why you don't like them...

Opeth are the opposite of suck. I just went through an Opeth binge a year ago and can't take it anymore.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: theis on May 05, 2007, 07:55 PM
I don't get why people like that form of music. It's just plain evil and hateful.

No redeeming values whatsoever.

Black Metal for life!!!  lol how can you come onto this thread and say that you don't get evil, hateful music.  I mean, there are alot of metal bands that don't lean that way, but metal is all about aggression, an outlet for pain and anger, and a medium where there are no boundaries or rules to limit what the artists want to say.  That's the beauty of heavy music.  I'm a satanist, where the hell else am I going to listen to music that openly revolves around my personal beliefs and philosophy?  Evil is subjective.  Hail fucking metal.

theis

oldgentlovecraft

theis

oldgentlovecraft

tarkil

QuoteOkay.

Whatever floats your boat.

You should get documentation about that theis, it's very intersting and has nothing to do (at all) with satanism as you may have heard about it (black maginc, chicken throat slitting and this kind of stuff).

It's very interesting !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

4th Eye

Didn't we have a thread about satanism here a while back? I must admit that there are some reasonable points in satanism but I follow no religion completely. And liking black metal, for me at least, is purely by musical interests; I don't care what they preach in their lyrics. The music's good, they actually can play (mostly).

That said, anyone heard the new Dimmu Borgir? I just got it yesterday and heard some bits here and there. The beginning reminded me of Imperial March from Star Wars but a quick scan revealed some good stuff.