Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

my friend keeps pushing me to listen to dimmu borgir's remastered version of stormblast but im so used to the old version i can't stand the new one. whats the differences exactly?

oldgentlovecraft

Don't know.   I wouldn't listen to a remastered black metal album.  Kinda defeats the purpose.

whodunit?

whodunit?

I'm into black metal now.

can someone hook me up with some mayhem and marduk stuff?

theis

oldgentlovecraft

Agalloch is amazing, been spinning their last ep.  And whodunit?, just Marduk and Mayhem?  Which albums?  You like any particular bm style?

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Mar 15, 2008, 06:06 PM
And whodunit?, just Marduk and Mayhem?  Which albums?  You like any particular bm style?

Marduk
Mayhem
Hades
Arcturus

I just saw youtube video titled "Satan Rides The Media". It's mostly about Burzum and Mayhem. And I liked some of the stuff there. Really atmospheric tracks are included in the video.

I'm starting my adventure with BM, so I can't really tell I like any particular stuff. I like GORGOROTH a lot and I'm waiting for their new stuff without INFERNUS in the band. I also dig BURZUM, even though Varg is an idiot. FILOSOFEM is so great! I heard MARDUK is amazing but this was told by the guy who was fucked up in the head so I can't really tell if he was right.

Anyway, any help in exploration of the music would be appreciated.

OLDGENTLOVECRAFT: can you identify the song at the end of this video? Cause it's great!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H0e5v8F0ySA

oldgentlovecraft

It's Limbonic Art, A Venomous Kiss of Profane Grace.  I'm not a huge fan of melodic or symphonic bm so I had to look it up.  If I'm on later today I'll hook you up with some albums.

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Mar 16, 2008, 05:35 PM
It's Limbonic Art, A Venomous Kiss of Profane Grace.  I'm not a huge fan of melodic or symphonic bm so I had to look it up.  If I'm on later today I'll hook you up with some albums.

thanks! I'm no a huge fan of sym BM either but this song sounds great!

Juicy Fruit

I have some random Marduk and Arcturus I can upload if you want. I saw Marduk play in Sweden last November, awesome!

I would greatly appreciate some:

Cathedral
Draconian
Isole
Katatonia (early)
Virgin Black (Velvet Tongue, thanks for uploading Requiem - Fortissimo, it's amazing!)

And any other good doom that a fan of My Dying Bride might like... (i.e. me)...

Thanks so much!
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

whodunit?

I'm looking for this record:

HADES (or HADES ALMIGHTY) - "The Dawn of the Dying Sun"

please, heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Velvet Tongue

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Mar 17, 2008, 12:22 AM
I have some random Marduk and Arcturus I can upload if you want. I saw Marduk play in Sweden last November, awesome!

I would greatly appreciate some:

Cathedral
Draconian
Isole
Katatonia (early)
Virgin Black (Velvet Tongue, thanks for uploading Requiem - Fortissimo, it's amazing!)

And any other good doom that a fan of My Dying Bride might like... (i.e. me)...

Thanks so much!

you can check the link in my sig for last year's Virgin Black release...i'll get the others up soon.

EDIT: also check the "Doom", "Funeral Doom", "Post-Metal" and "Sludge" tags too, as there is gaurenteed to be some stuff to your liking there!

check out my music journal at www.o-discordia.blogspot.com

whodunit?

theis

oldgentlovecraft

whodunit?

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Mar 20, 2008, 01:06 AM
Quote from: whodunit? on Mar 19, 2008, 11:52 PM
GORGOROTH is soooo lame.

i know, man.

Az, I have a full respect to you man but don't tell such things... you listen to Death Cab, man...  ::)

theis

sorry drunkness took over last night ;)

offtopic:
anyways, death cab is a wonderful band. give them a chance and don't be so quick to judge them solely on their name. a fan of music should be able to appreciate death cab.

theis

bright lights, big city

wow one of the first albums i see is a jesu album i didnt even know about. thanks!!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?