Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodunit?

I'm looking for SWALLOW THE SUN discography.

I've just got HOPE and it's great. In low quality, though  >:(

4th Eye

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: whodunit? on Apr 30, 2008, 08:02 AM
NEW BEHEMOTH VIDEO!

it kicks ass!!! even if you don't like such music give the video a try. especially 4.00-5.10

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zzz0YVEgT5U

i missed this.  that's super tight.  you can tell they had a pretty good budget for that for sure.

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 01, 2008, 02:02 PM
Well made video, but the black/white paint and satanic symbolism is sooo 80's. Can't take it seriously.

that's like what black ("blackened death metal") metal is all about, i mean it's not like they were super tacky about it like they were in the 80s, satanism is just their deal, you know?  plus they're clearly more serious about their shredzorz

whodunit?

oldgentlovecraft

Fuckin' A!  Which albums?  Got them all.

whodunit?

I have DARK MEDIEVAL TIMES and I've just downloaded NOW, DIABOLICAL.

oldgentlovecraft

That's the perfect range.  Frost is an awesome drummer.  Try to find a band called Thorns, if you like Satyricon you'd like them.  Satyr does vocals.

whodunit?

I've came through the album, NOW, DIABOLICAL several times today and I would label them as nu-black metal. I mean the sound. It's like black metal but way much better produced.

oldgentlovecraft

I'm a huge black metal fan and although their sound has strayed from the traditional Norwegian bm roots I like the newer sound a lot better.  Old school style Norwegian bm bands are a dime a dozen now.  Do you have Volcano or Rebel Extravaganza?  The latter is an excellent mix between the two sounds and Volcano was their first album with the newer style.  Do you like Darkthrone?

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on May 16, 2008, 02:57 AM
I'm a huge black metal fan and although their sound has strayed from the traditional Norwegian bm roots I like the newer sound a lot better.  Old school style Norwegian bm bands are a dime a dozen now.  Do you have Volcano or Rebel Extravaganza?  The latter is an excellent mix between the two sounds and Volcano was their first album with the newer style.  Do you like Darkthrone?

no, I haven't got into Darkthrone, yet. Can you tell me which album of theirs would be a good start?

oldgentlovecraft

I would start with the newest and work your way back.  My personal favorite is Goatlord but that's only because it's raw and sounds like a demo more than an actual release.  Try F.O.A.D., or The Cult is Alive and see what you think.  You might also like Craft's Fuck the Universe or Carpathian Forest's Fuck You All.  Fucking seems to be a reoccurring theme.

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on May 16, 2008, 01:07 PM
I would start with the newest and work your way back.  My personal favorite is Goatlord but that's only because it's raw and sounds like a demo more than an actual release.  Try F.O.A.D., or The Cult is Alive and see what you think.  You might also like Craft's Fuck the Universe or Carpathian Forest's Fuck You All.  Fucking seems to be a reoccurring theme.

ok. thanks!  :)

4th Eye

4th Eye's recommendation of the week:

Diablo - Icaros (2008)
Melodic death metal / thrash metal

http://rapidshare.com/files/114923340/icaros2008_-_www.massrush.com.rar

Some songs to preview on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/diablometal

Oldnewtype

just got the new deicide, fucking awesome

theis

oldgentlovecraft

Deicide are awesome!  Their lyrics are a bit lacking but they make up for it with tight, brutal musicianship.  Till Death Do Us Part is badass.

goldpony

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on May 20, 2008, 05:47 PM
Deicide are awesome!  Their lyrics are a bit lacking but they make up for it with tight, brutal musicianship.  Till Death Do Us Part is badass.

I personally like their live album, the one they recorded at the HOB in chicago. all the best tracks plus an amazing live performance. I have it but cant recall the name right now...
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Velvet Tongue

whoever was looking for something like Gojira, check out The Ocean.

FluXion and Precambrian are both excellent.

check out my music journal at www.o-discordia.blogspot.com

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Velvet Tongue on May 21, 2008, 07:45 PM
whoever was looking for something like Gojira, check out The Ocean.

FluXion and Precambrian are both excellent.
indeed
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?