Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Badass band!  I have it but I'm not at home right now.  I'll find you a link or upload it later.

lithium

💩

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

QuoteDear Prudence,
My boyfriend is absolutely not a sadistic sex killer. He is a kind and generally considerate person. But he loves listening to gruesome death metal—music best described as blasting noise with deranged growls and shrieks that often (from what I can tell) celebrates horrendous misogynistic violence. He respects that I am not a fan of this music and doesn't usually play it when I am around. But he gets a huge charge from listening to it when we have sex and is comparatively lackluster at the deed when he doesn't have it to fire him up. Although I find the music unpleasant and distracting, I don't object when I feel focused enough to block it out. What really bothers me are the awful themes. It disturbs me that a seemingly well-adjusted man in his 30s is aroused by torture fantasies set to music. He says it's just about the "energy" for him, but I really don't know what to think about someone who wants to listen to Cannibal Corpse when he makes love to me. Am I being oversensitive about this?

—Blasted

Dear Blasted,
It's always a comfort to know the person you love is not a sadistic sex killer—so right there you have something to build on. I like the image of you two making love: He's cranking up Cannibal Corpse's romantic classic "Bloody Chunks" while you're sticking in the ear buds of your iPod and desperately turning up the volume on Michael Bublé's version of "I've Got You Under My Skin." When you're not having sex, you say he's "generally considerate," which is not exactly a declaration that "I've got you under my skin/ I've got you deep in the heart of me/ So deep in my heart, that you're really a part of me." But couples need to have sex, and he finds it hard to perform unless you are forced to listen to songs of female dismemberment. As you describe it, you get through these sessions by trying to disassociate yourself from what is going on. This does not sound like a formula for sustained intimacy. I don't think you're being oversensitive about the gruesome nature of your boyfriend's favorite erotic imagery, especially since you are supposed to endure it. I have a hard time seeing where this relationship is headed—it already sounds like a Cannibal Corpse.

—Prudie

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

4th Eye

I was at the Unholy Alliance (chapter III) last night.

-Amon Amarth were brilliant though the set was way too short. Started with Death In Fire, naturally and they played quite good songs. The sounds were rather good too.
-Mastodon was a disappointment. Although I didn't hear the couple of first songs (except the beginning of The Wolf Is Loose was so recognizable that I heard it outside) the rest of the set was too much from Blood Mountain which I'm not too fond of. I'm not sure what I missed but they should've played more from Leviathan. March Of The Fire Ants was good too.
-Trivium had a good show as usually but they're not in my list of favorites so can't really review further. Couple of songs I recognized and they were okay.
-Slayer was great.  They played the hits (South Of Heaven, Seasons In The Abyss, Disciple etc.) and the whole Reign In Blood album. Good stuff but I think Reign In Blood is way overrated; Angel Of Death and Raining Blood are great songs but the rest just doesn't stand out and so it got a bit dull. Good to see they're still energetic.

whodunit?

Quote from: 4th Eye on Nov 28, 2008, 08:04 AM

-Amon Amarth were brilliant though the set was way too short. Started with Death In Fire, naturally and they played quite good songs. The sounds were rather good too.
-Mastodon was a disappointment. Although I didn't hear the couple of first songs (except the beginning of The Wolf Is Loose was so recognizable that I heard it outside) the rest of the set was too much from Blood Mountain which I'm not too fond of. I'm not sure what I missed but they should've played more from Leviathan. March Of The Fire Ants was good too.
-Trivium had a good show as usually but they're not in my list of favorites so can't really review further. Couple of songs I recognized and they were okay.
-Slayer was great.  They played the hits (South Of Heaven, Seasons In The Abyss, Disciple etc.) and the whole Reign In Blood album. Good stuff but I think Reign In Blood is way overrated; Angel Of Death and Raining Blood are great songs but the rest just doesn't stand out and so it got a bit dull. Good to see they're still energetic.

lucky fuck  ;)

frud

I've been jamming the new Bloodbath for awhile now, it's amazing.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

frud

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 04, 2008, 05:21 PM
i love Bloodbath

Eaten is my fave track.  Been jamming newest Enslaved (like a black metal Opeth), Ihsahn, some Shining.  Also perpetually hooked on Candlemass and Swallow the Sun.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 07, 2008, 04:22 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 04, 2008, 05:21 PM
i love Bloodbath

Eaten is my fave track.  Been jamming newest Enslaved (like a black metal Opeth), Ihsahn, some Shining.  Also perpetually hooked on Candlemass and Swallow the Sun.

Ah good choices! I met and interviewed Swallow The Sun a couple of weeks ago, and bought Aleksi a drink afterwards, they're a fucking amazing band!

I went to that tour just to see Amon Amarth, we left halfway through Mastodon haha :-D
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

4th Eye

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 07, 2008, 04:22 AM

How is he doing without Emperor, haven't given him a try yet...?

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Dec 23, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ah good choices! I met and interviewed Swallow The Sun a couple of weeks ago, and bought Aleksi a drink afterwards, they're a fucking amazing band!

Nice! Never met the guys in person but they truly make good music. Haven't seen in a while...I'd better check them out in january again.

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Dec 23, 2008, 05:24 PM

I went to that tour just to see Amon Amarth, we left halfway through Mastodon haha :-D

You should've stayed longer. Though AA was best concerning their length of the set, the rest were good too.

On a side note, Z, you haven't been here on a while...what's up yo?

oldgentlovecraft

imo, much better than Emperor.  Don't get me wrong, I'm an Emperor fan, but he surpasses nearly anything he did then. 

Slacker

So i came across with this article and thought the rank was kinda cool, since i realized i had most of the albums, i decided to share. Hopefully some will appreciate.

Top Ten in Metal 2008

10. Moonspell – Night Eternal - Moonspell-Night_Eternal-Promo-2008-QTXMp3
www.myspace.com/moonspell

09. Lord Belial – The Black Curse - Lord_Belial_-_The_Black_Curse-Promo-2008-CMG
www.myspace.com/lordbelialband

08. Arsis – We Are The Nightmare - Arsis-We_Are_The_Nightmare-(Advance)-2008-FNT
www.myspace.com/arsis

07. Swallow The Sun – Plague Of Butterflies - Swallow_the_Sun--Plague_of_Butterflies-Promo-2008-UBE
www.myspace.com/swallowthesundoom

06. Psycroptic – Ob(Servant) - Psycroptic-Ob_Servant-(Advance)-2008-FNT
www.myspace.com/psycroptic

05. Warrel Dane – Praises To The War Machine - Warrel_Dane-Praises_to_the_War_Machine-Promo-2008-GRAVEWISH
www.myspace.com/warreldane

04. The Monolith Deathcult – Triumvirate - The_Monolith_Deathcult-Trivmvirate-2008-BERC
www.myspace.com/themonolithdeathcult

03. After The Burial – Rareform - After_The_Burial-Rareform-2008-FNT
www.myspace.com/aftertheburial

02. Meshuggah – obZen - [http://www.mediafire.com/?lgjyezjzymi]Meshuggah-obZen-2008[/url]
www.myspace.com/meshuggah

01. Cynic – Traced In Air - Cynic-Traced_In_Air-Promo-2008-QTXMp3
www.myspace.com/cyniconline

Didnt make the Top Ten, though close.

Origin - Antithesis - Origin-Antithesis-2008-BMS
www.myspace.com/origin666

Opeth - Watershed - Opeth-Watershed_(Special_Edition)-2008 Part I - Part II
www.myspace.com/opeth

The Faceless – Planetary Duality - The_Faceless-Planetary_Duality-2008-FNT
www.myspace.com/thefaceless

Enslaved - Vertebrae - Enslaved-Vertebrae-Promo-2008-QTXMp3 (password:toymachine4all)
www.myspace.com/enslaved

Amon Amarth – Twilight of the Thunder God - Amon_Amarth-Twilight_Of_The_Thunder_God-(Advance)-2008-FNT
www.myspace.com/amonamarth

Ayreon - 01011001 - Ayreon-01011001-(Advance)-2CD-2008-FNT Part I - Part II
www.myspace.com/ayreonauts

In Mourning - The Shrouded Divine - In_Mourning-Shrouded_Divine-(Retail)-2008-dSS
www.myspace.com/in_mourning

Protest the Hero - Fortress - Protest_The_Hero-Fortress-2008-SGV
www.myspace.com/protestthehero

Agalloch - The White (EP) - Agalloch-The_White_(EP)-2008
www.myspace.com/agalloch

Shade Empire - Zero Nexus - Shade_Empire-Zero_Nexus-(Advance)-2008-FNT
www.myspace.com/shadeempireband

Solid Recomendations

Abigail_Williams-In_The_Shadow_Of_A_Thousand_Suns-Promo-2008-QTXMp3 - www.myspace.com/abigailwilliams

All_That_Remains-Overcome-2008-QTXMp3 - www.myspace.com/allthatremains

Black_Tide-Light_From_Above-2008-pLAN9 - www.myspace.com/blacktide

Burning_The_Masses-Mind_Control-Repack-2008-ABORTED - www.myspace.com/burningthemasses

Cryptopsy-The_Unspoken_King-Promo-2008-QTXMp3 - www.myspace.com/cryptopsy

Daylight_Dies-Lost_To_The_Living-(Advance)-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/daylightdies

Deadlock-Manifesto-Promo-2008-GRAVEWISH - www.myspace.com/xdeadlockx

Divinity-Allegory-(Advance)-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/divinitymetal

Evergrey-Torn-(Retail)-2008-EVERGREY - Part I - Part II - Bonus Track - www.myspace.com/officialevergrey

Firewind-The_Premonition-Japanese_Edition-2008-GRAVEWISH - www.myspace.com/firewind

In_This_Moment-The_Dream-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/inthismoment

Jeff_Loomis-Zero_Order_Phase-Promo-2008-QTXMp3 - www.myspace.com/jeffloomis

Misery_Signals-Controller-2008-pLAN9 - www.myspace.com/miserysignals

Scar_Symmetry-Holographic_Universe-(Advance)-2008-SCARSYMMETRY - www.myspace.com/scarsymmetry

Sylosis-Conclusion_of_an_Age-Retail-2008-GRAVEWISH - www.myspace.com/sylosis

Testament-The_Formation_Of_Damnation-(Advance)-2008-TESTAMENT - www.myspace.com/testamentlegions

The_Ghost_Inside-Fury_And_The_Fallen_Ones-(Advance)-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/theghostinside

This_Or_The_Apocalypse-Monuments-(Advance)-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/thisortheapocalypse

Unleashed-Hammer_Battalion-(Advance)-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/666unleashed

Veil_of_Maya-The_Common_Mans_Collapse-(PROPER)-2008-UTP - www.myspace.com/veilofmaya

Zozobra-Bird_Of_Prey-2008-FNT - www.myspace.com/zozobra505

bright lights, big city

awesome. I love year end lists. After the Burial, Meshuggah, Psycroptic, and Veil of Maya were my highlights of the year
DERP

Slacker