Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: 4th Eye on Dec 24, 2008, 01:42 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 07, 2008, 04:22 AM
Eaten is my fave track.  Been jamming newest Enslaved (like a black metal Opeth), Ihsahn, some Shining.  Also perpetually hooked on Candlemass and Swallow the Sun.

How is he doing without Emperor, haven't given him a try yet...?

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Dec 23, 2008, 05:24 PM
Ah good choices! I met and interviewed Swallow The Sun a couple of weeks ago, and bought Aleksi a drink afterwards, they're a fucking amazing band!

Nice! Never met the guys in person but they truly make good music. Haven't seen in a while...I'd better check them out in january again.

I might be flying to Helsinki to see them on the 16th January... which show are you going to?
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

whodunit?

Quote from: Slacker on Dec 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
So i came across with this article and thought the rank was kinda cool, since i realized i had most of the albums, i decided to share. Hopefully some will appreciate.

Top Ten in Metal 2008

10. Moonspell – Night Eternal - Moonspell-Night_Eternal-Promo-2008-QTXMp3
www.myspace.com/moonspell

09. Lord Belial – The Black Curse - Lord_Belial_-_The_Black_Curse-Promo-2008-CMG
www.myspace.com/lordbelialband

these two are real sweetness. Especially LORD BELIAL. These guys are truly amazing!

Juicy Fruit

I've discovered some awesome bands in the last few weeks... mostly doom but some death too:

Mourning Beloveth
Doom:VS
Lacrimas Profundere
Shape Of Despair
Skepticism
Saturnus
Esoteric
Evocation
Mournful Congregation
Worship
Colosseum
Disembowelment

Amazing!

Btw if anyone has any Funeral (other than As The Light Does The Shadow or Tragedies/Tristesse) or the first two Evocation albums I would greatly appreciate an upload! Thanks :)

whodunit?

Slacker

not really dude, i just cant help to get bored with a lack melodic element. ill admit it i just cant take it.

i just cant get enough of the in mourning album, man those guys sound good.

oldgentlovecraft

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 07, 2009, 08:50 AM
Quote from: whodunit? on Jan 07, 2009, 01:45 AM
anybody into black?

Yup.  Who do you like?

I'm still discovering the genre.

burzum
mayhem
xasthur
hades

Behemoth are entering the studio next month!!!

oldgentlovecraft

good picks so far.  My favorites are Xasthur, Old Man's Child, Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord, Leviathan, Akercocke (mixed black and death), Ihsahn, Axis of Perdition, Anaal Nathrakh, Hecate Enthroned, and so on.  If you need some recommendations let me know.

Juicy Fruit

whodunit?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 08, 2009, 10:32 PM
good picks so far.  My favorites are Xasthur, Old Man's Child, Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord, Leviathan, Akercocke (mixed black and death), Ihsahn, Axis of Perdition, Anaal Nathrakh, Hecate Enthroned, and so on.  If you need some recommendations let me know.

Ihsahn is great.

whodunit?

Quote from: Slacker on Jan 07, 2009, 02:09 AM
not really dude, i just cant help to get bored with a lack melodic element. ill admit it i just cant take it.

have you ever heard of melodic black?

try: Keep of Kalessian "Collosus"

whodunit?

Hardingrock
Grimen

http://rs233.rapidshare.com/files/80886300/Hardingrock.rar

Current line-up
Knut Buen - Fiddle, Vocals
Ihsahn (Vegard Sverre Tveitan) - Instruments, Vocals (Emperor, ex-Zyklon-B (Nor), ex-Peccatum, Thou Shalt Suffer, Wongraven, ex-Ildjarn, ex-Embryonic)
Starofash (Heidi Solberg Tveitan) - Keyboards, Vocals (ex-Peccatum)

1. Daudingen
2. Fanitullen
3. Faens Marsj
4. Margit Hjukse
5. Den Bergtekne
6. Faen pе Bordstabelen
7. Grimen
8. Fossegrimen
9. Nykken
10. Huldreslеtten (Bygdatrеen)

oldgentlovecraft

Okay, I don't even care if it's too early in the year to make the call, but if the first track off of Wrath from Lamb of God is indicative of how fucking awesome the album is going to be it will be one of the hardest to top for 2009.  I listened to it four times in a row and still wanted to play it again.  Love them or hate them it's already badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZvBFI-w2Bs

bright lights, big city

dude, I've done the same. I haven't really been THIS excited for an album release since Dillinger's Ire Works.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 15, 2009, 05:15 AM
Okay, I don't even care if it's too early in the year to make the call, but if the first track off of Wrath from Lamb of God is indicative of how fucking awesome the album is going to be it will be one of the hardest to top for 2009.  I listened to it four times in a row and still wanted to play it again.  Love them or hate them it's already badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZvBFI-w2Bs

Really? Just sounds like Lamb Of God to me.

oldgentlovecraft

It sounds more aggressive to me, a bit like Burn the Priest or New American Gospel, and that's a good turn imo.  I've always liked their mix of sounds and genres but the last album, although still fucking good, went more to their Panteraesque, groovy, slower sound.  Not a bad thing, but I was hooked on them when they came out fierce and pissed off.  The new shit sounds like a return and Randy's vocals are getting better.

oldgentlovecraft

New(ish) albums I was unaware came out.

Six Feet Under - Death Rituals

http://www.zshare.net/download/53136256aabb5078/

Password: infernalademon9mm

Napalm Death - Time Waits for No Slave

http://rapidshare.com/files/168447111/Napalm_Death_-_Time_Waits_For_No_Slave__2009_.rar

Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor

http://rapidshare.com/files/186728397/Cd-thf09_by_ADN.rar%3Cbr%20/%3E

goldpony

found this out about the new Lamb of God album. pretty cool

Quote from: EW.comLamb of God's new album is called Wrath, but a more accurate emotion for the title might be Generosity. The metal band's camp tells EW that the first 100,000 copies of Wrath will include a card directing buyers to a website; after posing a few trivia questions, the site will randomly select 100 winners who get to claim all kinds of loot on a first-come, first-served basis. The prizes sound pretty cool, ranging from personal guitar and bass lessons from band members, a barbecue at your home hosted by frontman Randy Blythe, year-long tour passes, and opportunities to get on stage with the band, to regular old autographed CDs. (The whole thing is called the "Escape the Plague contest," but as far as I can tell there is no provision in which certain unlucky cards give their recipients the plague.)

So, any metal fans looking forward to buying Wrath when it comes out Feb. 24? EW's resident metal expert Mike Bruno says it's pretty cool, even if it "fails to sound any different from all the other LoG records." And for those who aren't particularly into Lamb of God, are there any other bands who you'd like to see reward early CD buyers this way?

"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

awesome! a nice incentive to actually go buy a cd.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

i know right, im sure the three people who buy it will be very happy :)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt