Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

LoL. why were they even talking to EW.com? is that as in Entertainment Weekly? that's cause for a major WTF
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

i think its awesome Entertainment weekly broke a LoG story
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Much deserved limelight and a pretty cool offer.  I'm buying it regardless.

goldpony

so will you try to get the music lessons or the barbeque?
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

have you guys seen their Redneck video? a BBQ with them would likely be amazing
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

whodunit?

goldpony

Quote from: whodunit? on Feb 08, 2009, 03:36 PM
love this photo

i think the caption should be: "after arriving in a backalley surrounded by old women, Jeff aka "wolfsbloodspawn" realized he performed the hellgate ritual without the proper amount of newt eyes"
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

4th Eye

Here's a little story about an event that became the biggest farce in metal music festivities lately. There was a metal festival last weekend in my hometown. The bands included names like Lamb Of God, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Cradle Of Filth, Arch Enemy etc. No such ménu has never been seen here and it sounded unbelievable. More so, when it came out that the guy who was arranging this was an 18-year old kid with no experience in such business and with parents' money and a huge loan. Well, it all starts to fall apart couple of weeks before the festival when Cradle Of Filth cancels their gig (apparently they didn't get their pre-payment). Then the festival's schedules get fucked up and there's no sure information who plays when and where.

So, when I got there on friday I wasn't sure when there will be the bands I'm there to see. No one knew. I was even more surprised when I got there; the place is too big for such audience (the goal was 7000, the result was about 1000), the bar, the foods, the checkstand were in the different building than the bands playing. The toilets were outside and it was damn cold out there. And the beer price was fucking robbing. Good thing, that the bands played well: Lamb Of God and Arch Enemy were brilliant as usual even though they didn't get fully paid and there was no backstage or anything that was promised to them. So friday wasn't so catastrophical...

I'm glad I wasn't there on saturday but from what I've heard and read, paying customers are still, understandable though, pretty pissed off. Mayhem cancelled their gig because their flight tickets weren't paid and they were already on Oslo's airport waiting. In the festival area, there soon was few small papers attached to the wall that said, with hand-writing, "Mayhem cancelled" and no further information. With Gorgoroth, it didn't go much better. Their guitarists were also on Oslo's airport and all flights were cancelled due to some blizzard. So, some band members were somehow able to get on the set by different routes with some other than the arranger's financial help. They were trying to solve the problem till the end but the cancellation became inevitable. So, Gaahl, the frontman of the band, got on to stage to announce the bad news (see here). A riot was near and there were quite a lot of police force outside but thankfully nothing bigger happened.

Probably this is a lesson for the organizer but that poor megalomaniac kid is in for some shit.

Slacker

whodunit?

Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 10, 2009, 12:45 PM
Here's a little story about an event that became the biggest farce in metal music festivities lately. There was a metal festival last weekend in my hometown. The bands included names like Lamb Of God, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Cradle Of Filth, Arch Enemy etc. No such ménu has never been seen here and it sounded unbelievable. More so, when it came out that the guy who was arranging this was an 18-year old kid with no experience in such business and with parents' money and a huge loan. Well, it all starts to fall apart couple of weeks before the festival when Cradle Of Filth cancels their gig (apparently they didn't get their pre-payment). Then the festival's schedules get fucked up and there's no sure information who plays when and where.

So, when I got there on friday I wasn't sure when there will be the bands I'm there to see. No one knew. I was even more surprised when I got there; the place is too big for such audience (the goal was 7000, the result was about 1000), the bar, the foods, the checkstand were in the different building than the bands playing. The toilets were outside and it was damn cold out there. And the beer price was fucking robbing. Good thing, that the bands played well: Lamb Of God and Arch Enemy were brilliant as usual even though they didn't get fully paid and there was no backstage or anything that was promised to them. So friday wasn't so catastrophical...

I'm glad I wasn't there on saturday but from what I've heard and read, paying customers are still, understandable though, pretty pissed off. Mayhem cancelled their gig because their flight tickets weren't paid and they were already on Oslo's airport waiting. In the festival area, there soon was few small papers attached to the wall that said, with hand-writing, "Mayhem cancelled" and no further information. With Gorgoroth, it didn't go much better. Their guitarists were also on Oslo's airport and all flights were cancelled due to some blizzard. So, some band members were somehow able to get on the set by different routes with some other than the arranger's financial help. They were trying to solve the problem till the end but the cancellation became inevitable. So, Gaahl, the frontman of the band, got on to stage to announce the bad news (see here). A riot was near and there were quite a lot of police force outside but thankfully nothing bigger happened.

Probably this is a lesson for the organizer but that poor megalomaniac kid is in for some shit.

an 18-year old kid!? Fuck that!

but what's more surprising where were the managements of the bands???

goldpony

Quote from: whodunit? on Feb 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 10, 2009, 12:45 PM

an 18-year old kid!? Fuck that!

but what's more surprising where were the managements of the bands???

they probably booked the shows for them. A friend of mine booked a band called Neck for his birthday, he convinced them it was a show and they came. once they realized what was going on, they were kinda shitty but played a few songs and did get paid. of course this is a regional hardcore band and not an international act, but money talks. ask all the rich kids whose parents get a-list entertainment for their 16th birthday or bar/bat mitzvah
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

4th Eye

Yes, money talks. Cradle Of Filth are on an american tour currently so there probably was quite a lot of money promised if they were planning to come to Finland for one gig in the middle. Though it turned out, this kid's dollars got short.

whodunit?

alvarezbassist17

anyone wanna upload some in flames besides their latest cd for me?  if it's like a really shitty cd, i don't really need it, but i love a sense of purpose and saw some videos on youtube of some really tight songs.  thanks!!

better theis?

oldgentlovecraft

Lol some people are sticklers about the correct threads.

whodunit?

Burzum + snow + -5 degress Celsius + late evening stroll = excellence

oldgentlovecraft

Yes!  I usually play a lot of Xasthur in cold weather.  I'll grab a cup of black coffee (pun intended, but seriously), an ipod, and a menthol and take a long stroll.  Excellent!

theis

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Feb 17, 2009, 07:52 PM
anyone wanna upload some in flames besides their latest cd for me?  if it's like a really shitty cd, i don't really need it, but i love a sense of purpose and saw some videos on youtube of some really tight songs.  thanks!!

better theis?

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 17, 2009, 08:02 PM
Lol some people are sticklers about the correct threads.

hehe i was just joking around :)

but here ya go, dude.

In Flames discography (320kbps)
http://true-glory.blogspot.com/2009/01/in-flames-discography.html