Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juicy Fruit

No particular order:

Ahab, early Amorphis, Daylight Dies, Draconian, Funeral, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Severed Heaven, Swallow The Sun, Virgin Black, DOOM:VS, Depressed Mode, Comatose Vigil, Mourning Beloveth, Hanging Garden, Ablaze In Hatred, Worship, Colosseum, Shape Of Despair, Saturnus, My Shameful.

whodunit?, I'm not really a fan of Xasthur... I prefer better production values so the stuff I'd recommend doesn't really sound much like Xasthur from what I've heard of them but funeral doom you HAVE to listen to would be: Ahab, Colosseum, Worship, Comatose Vigil.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

oldgentlovecraft

Xasthur is depressive black actually, a different sound and feel.  Try Leviathan, Happy Days, Shining.  Nortt is a good band that straddles the line and has the slower, heavy feel of funeral doom but with black vocals.

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Feb 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
No particular order:

Ahab, early Amorphis, Daylight Dies, Draconian, Funeral, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Severed Heaven, Swallow The Sun, Virgin Black, DOOM:VS, Depressed Mode, Comatose Vigil, Mourning Beloveth, Hanging Garden, Ablaze In Hatred, Worship, Colosseum, Shape Of Despair, Saturnus, My Shameful.

whodunit?, I'm not really a fan of Xasthur... I prefer better production values so the stuff I'd recommend doesn't really sound much like Xasthur from what I've heard of them but funeral doom you HAVE to listen to would be: Ahab, Colosseum, Worship, Comatose Vigil.

Good list!  Try Catacombs, Stomach Earth, Fungoid Stream, Tyranny, Esoteric, and Evoken.  Reverend Bizarre is really good as well.

whodunit?

^^ thanks bot of you. I'm looking for these albums now.

Slacker

- Release Info -------------------------------------------------------------- -

Artist:      Scale The Summit
  Album:       Carving Desert Canyons
  Label:       Prosthetic Records
  Playtime:    39:53 min
  Genre:       Instrumental Rock
  URL:         http://www.prostheticrecords.com
  Rip date:    2009-02-27
  Street date: 2009-03-04
  Size:        72.16 MB
  Type:        Normal
  Quality:     240 kbps / 4410kHz / Joint Stereo

- Release Notes ------------------------------------------------------------- -

Completely fucking mindblowing instrumetal for fans of Pelican. Really intense
   guitar and bass parts.. enjoy it, stoners. Pick it up for the sweet swirling
   desert art.

- Track List ---------------------------------------------------------------- -

01. Bloom                                                             ( 2:09)
  02. Sargasso Sea                                                      ( 5:15)
  03. The Great Plains                                                  ( 5:11)
  04. Dunes                                                             ( 4:28)
  05. Age Of The Tide                                                   ( 5:35)
  06. Glacial Planet                                                    ( 4:52)
  07. City In The Sky                                                   ( 5:03)
  08. Giants                                                            ( 7:20)

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

www.myspace.com/scalethesummit
http://vimeo.com/user691385 (making of the album)

Scale_The_Summit-Carving_Desert_Canyons-2009-FNT (Filefactory)
Scale_The_Summit-Carving_Desert_Canyons-2009-FNT (Rapidshare)

new fucking scale the summit, now thats what im talking about

fliesinajar

/////////
[ | -|_|-  |]
  \    -    /       chino!

alvarezbassist17

anyone feel like postin me the sound of perseverence by death?  i've been lovin human a lot recently and i've heard that one's good too. thanks!

4th Eye

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 28, 2009, 09:57 PM
Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Feb 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
No particular order:

Good list!  Try Catacombs, Stomach Earth, Fungoid Stream, Tyranny, Esoteric, and Evoken.  Reverend Bizarre is really good as well.

I like when discussing about depressive and melancholic doom metal, several finnish bands tend to come out. It's the northern darkness making us that way...

That said, I've been digging Hanging Garden lately. Good stuff and saw them live some time ago.

whodunit?

Hate
"Morphosis" - 2008
Genre: Death metal, Blackened death metal

1.Metamorphosis
2.Thredony
3.Immum Coeli (Everlasting World)
4.Catharsis
5.Resurrection Machine
6.The Evangelistic Pain
7.Omega
8.Erased

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/88663927/2008_-_Morphosis-kvltmetalfiles.blogspot.com.rar

Password: kvltmetalfiles.blogspot.com

Not my upload.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

whodunit?

the cover looks awesome! I'll check it.

I'm always excited to read posts here.

theis

The band name, the album name, the album cover...it's all so fucking metal. Haha.

I'll check it out.

Edit: Haha, I just looked them up on Wiki. "Christian Death Metal". Lulz.

bright lights, big city

haha thats pretty funny, I honestly never knew they were Christian Death Metal. Either way I just listened to it, and it seems a lot better than their older EP. Definitely a more mature sound (if that's possible in the deathcore genre)
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Zevaka

i've recently discovered great band Nachtmystium
http://www.myspace.com/nachtmystium

great black/space

they were going to come to moscow in june but one their members broke his leg (seriously) and show is cancelled. sad fact, they were supposed to have show together with Jarboe

whodunit?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 01, 2009, 02:30 AM
haha thats pretty funny, I honestly never knew they were Christian Death Metal. Either way I just listened to it, and it seems a lot better than their older EP. Definitely a more mature sound (if that's possible in the deathcore genre)

I think it's possible.  Dead to Fall and All Shall Perish come to mind.  Although the former split damnit.
Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 01, 2009, 01:34 AM
The band name, the album name, the album cover...it's all so fucking metal. Haha.

I'll check it out.

Edit: Haha, I just looked them up on Wiki. "Christian Death Metal". Lulz.

And I can't listen to it if it's Christian themed.  Just don't get into the lyrics.  Doesn't mean they're bad I just can't relate.  If they focus on the philosophy more than the Biblical I can handle it.  Hell, Zao is still, imo, the best metalcore bands there is, but I have a hard time digesting their earlier material.  That's like the Unblack Metal.  Black metal for Christians (i.e. Extol).  Lol really?

bright lights, big city

DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 01, 2009, 08:08 PM
man i fuckin adored Dead To Fall

Same here.  They were talented and had a sense of humor.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Apr 01, 2009, 08:15 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 01, 2009, 08:08 PM
man i fuckin adored Dead To Fall

Same here.  They were talented and had a sense of humor.
probably what made them so great. Chum Fiesta was classic. Did you know that Eternal Gates of Hell was about them being stuck at an Illinois toll booth?
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Major Rager cracks me the fuck up!  And I did not know that.