Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvar

death metal meets electronic breakcore

i dont know if i should love or hate it, but this is some of the nastiest shit ive ever heard.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtmjoiezmdu

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

oldgentlovecraft

I've been revisiting Arcturus lately.  Any other fans?

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 03, 2009, 02:48 PM
I've been revisiting Arcturus lately.  Any other fans?

Yeah I quite like them, I'm just not massively keen on his vocals but that's because I prefer death growl.

Thanks for the Catacombs upload btw. Can I return the favour at all? You seem to know more about doom than I do but I have a fair collection :-)

Btw does anyone have any Silent Vanquish?
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

oldgentlovecraft

I'll look through some of my stuff, there are always albums I'm hunting down.  ;D  Especially in the doom category.

The My Angel song by Arcturus is one of my favorite older tracks and has the deathish vocals.  I think I like the carnival theme of the newer music better though, so the odd vocals fit.

Juicy Fruit

Hey does anyone happen to have any Syrach? I have the Days Of Wrath album but I can't find any others anywhere - thanks :-)
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Nailec

has anyone some depressive black metal albums?

i like to hear some stuff similar to alcest.

oldgentlovecraft

Imo Xasthur is top notch.  Try Life is Pain, Happy Days, Shining, Leviathan, and Nortt.  There are tons more out there.  I don't have any uploads at the moment but if you look around I'm sure you can find some.

Nailec

thx.

xasthur seems to be what i needed.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 24, 2009, 10:17 PM
thx.

xasthur seems to be what i needed.

You like?  He reminds me of a mix between Silent Hill dissonance and extremely lofi, depressing black metal.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

New Beherit!  Not sure who knows of these guys, but usually a sick, raw black metal sound. 

Beherit - Engram

http://www.mediafire.com/?emgzyfqmywj

Softparody

I'm not sure wether to place this here or in the hardcore/screamo thread, but what the hell.

http://www.myspace.com/beneareach

Awesome Norwegian band.
Death is screaming my name
yet I refuse to listen to Him

ChannelZer0

Sorrow

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

DERP

Alvar

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!