Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

not too bad, but there's probably a reason it wasn't on the actual album. (weakest of the new tracks)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Gaz

Can someone recommend some new death metal for me to listen too? I've been a bit out of touch with it lately and just wanna get back into it

if it helps, i've been listening to Meshuggah and Carcass a lot recently

oldgentlovecraft

If you like it progressive you can always move on to Opeth.

Here's what I enjoy:

Bloodbath
Suffocation
Vile
Laethora
Kataklysm
Torture Killer
Nile

Those are the usual suspects. If you are looking more for a specific sound let me know.

Gaz

Sweet, thanks mate, I'll download some of these. I just needed some recommendations for inspiration

bright lights, big city

new song from Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza's new one. i think it's their best song yet. http://www.stereokiller.com/thetonydanzatapdanceextravaganza/
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 16, 2010, 01:15 AM
new song from Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza's new one. i think it's their best song yet. http://www.stereokiller.com/thetonydanzatapdanceextravaganza/

I swear that leaked already. Is it their third?  If so I'll have to find it for you.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Gaz on Jun 09, 2010, 11:01 PM
Sweet, thanks mate, I'll download some of these. I just needed some recommendations for inspiration

Give 'em a listen?

bright lights, big city

yeah Danza III. i haven't heard anything about it being leaked. if so though, fuckin send it my way!
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 16, 2010, 03:19 AM
yeah Danza III. i haven't heard anything about it being leaked. if so though, fuckin send it my way!

I'll try to find it if I can remember where I saw it.  I swear it was up somewhere, unless it was one of those fake, shitty leaks that people always post. I'll keep you updated.

bright lights, big city

DERP

oldgentlovecraft

I still can't find anything, but I have been listening to the new Carnifex lately. I like a lot. Anyone else?

bright lights, big city

i downloaded it around when it came out, gave it a listen. i liked a few tracks, but didn't like it as much as you, haha. i'll give it another spin though.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

It's not anything innovative or completely original, but I'm enjoying the vibe of it.

bright lights, big city

ok Entombed Monarch is a badass song.

on a sidenote, i came across the new Whitechapel music video. the power of 3 guitars is so amazing :D
Whitechapel -The Darkest Day Of Man Video!!!! (NEW)
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Ahhh, good call!  I hadn't found it earlier, when the album released, but I was looking.

bright lights, big city

Torche are plotting a September 21st release via Hydra Head  for their new album "Songs For Singles". The track listing for the effort can be found below:

01 – "U.F.O."
02 – "Lay Low"
03 – "Hideaway"
04 – "Arrowhead"
05 – "Shine On My Old Ways"
06 – "Cast Into Unknown"
07 – "Face The Wall"
08 – "Out Again"

In addition, the band currently have the following shows booked:

July 17th West Palm Beach, FL – Respectable Street Cafe
July 28th Nashville, TN – Exit/In (feat. Beings)
July 29th Louisville, KY – Skull Alley (feat. Beings)
July 30th Indianapolis, IN – Vollrath Tavern (feat. Beings)
July 31st Chicago, IL – Subterranean (feat. Baroness)
August 01st Chicago, IL – Wicker Park Festival
August 03rd St. Louis, MO – Fubar (feat. Beings)
August 05th Birmingham, AL – The Bottletree (feat. Beings)
August 06th Brooklyn, NY – Music Hall of Williamsburg (feat. Boris, Russian Circles)
August 07th Tampa, FL – Orpheum (feat. Beings)
August 09th Tallahassee, FL – Big Daddy's (feat. Beings)
August 11th Miami, FL – Churchill's (feat. Beings)
October 29th Gainesville, FL – Common Grounds ("The Fest 9")

i fucking love Torche. this new album instantly goes on my most-anticipated album list for this year. so good live, and I can't wait to see them with Baroness, Indian, and Cap'n Jazz at wicker park fest!
DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

theis

Excited to hear the new Torche album!

oldgentlovecraft

Here's a bunch of shit I've been listening to.  A lot of crust, doom, grind, sludge, etc.

Oxbow

Screamin' Jay Hawkins meets experimental punk.

Oxbow - Insylum

Starkweather

Susperia style vocals (at times) with dirty, sludgy Bloodlet feel.

Starkweather - Slither

Black Sheep Wall

Black Sheep Wall - Nihility

Admiral Angry

Admiral Angry - Android

Sagh

Sahg - Pyromancer

Goatsnake

goatsnake-black cat bone

Fukpig

Guys from Anaal Nathrakh

Fukpig The Horror is Here

And some awesome dark jazz. Even though it's not metal, it still holds that vibe I've been into. I'd post these in the Unknown Band thread, but there is too much hippy shit there lol.

the Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble

The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble Twisted Horizons

Bohren & Der Dlub of Gore

Bohren & der Club of Gore - Prowler

bright lights, big city

there are actually a few Bohren fans on here. they are indeed a great band, i love that whole "Sunset Mission" album.

and i liked what i heard from Goatsnake, i'm gonna check out some of their other material now.
DERP