Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

have you tried Textures? and Dead to Fall are more metalcore, but are really good and have a little bit of math to them (especially the later DtF)

I don't know if you like death metal, but there are a lot of good math/technical metal bands that lean towards to some death metal. but whatever, here are some I listen to that you might like:
Ion Dissonance
Fellsilent
Into the Moat
Lye by Mistake
Psyopus
After the Burial
The Contortionist
Tesseract
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 28, 2010, 07:26 PM
have you tried Textures? and Dead to Fall are more metalcore, but are really good and have a little bit of math to them (especially the later DtF)

I don't know if you like death metal, but there are a lot of good math/technical metal bands that lean towards to some death metal. but whatever, here are some I listen to that you might like:
Ion Dissonance
Fellsilent
Into the Moat
Lye by Mistake
Psyopus
After the Burial
The Contortionist
Tesseract

Psyopus are gods among men.

Psyopus "The Burning Halo" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

And Dead to Fall are still one of my favorites. Those guys are severely missed.

Dead To Fall-Major Rager (With Lyrics)

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Man, I hate Psy0pus.

I love technical metal and challenging music, but they're simply unlistenable. Sure, they know how to play their instruments, but there's not a single shred of direction in their music. It's just painful to the ears and the mind.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: theis on Sep 29, 2010, 12:12 AM
Man, I hate Psy0pus.

I love technical metal and challenging music, but they're simply unlistenable. Sure, they know how to play their instruments, but there's not a single shred of direction in their music. It's just painful to the ears and the mind.

See, but for me the chaos is beautiful. It makes sense. It's as though they take bits of the human psyche, obsession, lust, despair, etc., and translate them into music. Odd Senses was phenomenal.

lukas989

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 28, 2010, 07:26 PM

Ion Dissonance
Fellsilent
Into the Moat
Lye by Mistake
Psyopus
After the Burial
The Contortionist
Tesseract

Textures, Ion Dissonance and Into the Moat all sit proudly in my cd rack - particularily fond of Into the Moat of the three.  Couple on your list I have yet to check out, so will definitely make a point of doing so, so cheers :)  I have a fondness for death stretching back a long way, back to the beginnings of Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary - math always seemed the natural progression from there...big love for the obvious guys like Meshuggah, Mudvayne, Lamb of God and Dillinger.  I often wonder where it'll go from here to be honest...how much more complicated can it get than the likes of Car Bomb??

bright lights, big city

DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

a very pleasant surprise from a band who i didn't really think was that good

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nrc66ps6pt5kps#1

for people who like a little satan infused into their death metal vocals.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 15, 2010, 06:36 AM
a very pleasant surprise from a band who i didn't really think was that good

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nrc66ps6pt5kps#1

for people who like a little satan infused into their death metal vocals.

Yeah, already own it. I was very surprised as well!

theis

Anyone listened to the new Agalloch album?

This band makes the perfect winter music.

lostpilot

I am planning to listen to that tonight :>

bright lights, big city

It really is a  very good album. they got themselves a new fan.
DERP

333tone

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

black coffee

Animals As Leaders and Between The Buried And Me coming to Europe in September!
So far all I can find is 4 confirmed shows ( all in Germany ), but I'm damn sure there will be more.

The Animals As Leaders cd belongs to the best albums I've listened to in my entire life( not exaggerating here ), so finally seeing them live on stage will be terrific!!

Oldnewtype

Just saw them with Dredg a few months ago, I was very impressed.

ben

I've been listening to so much damn Sleep and Electric Wizard lately.

theis

Quote from: ben on Apr 07, 2011, 08:37 PM
I've been listening to so much damn Sleep and Electric Wizard lately.

Me too.

Love those bands.

bright lights, big city

I've got a couple local bands for you that I think you'll enjoy. I was saving them for a potential album of the week post in the future. Let me know if you're greedy like me and want 'em now, or wait.
DERP