Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

lostpilot

From Under the Tarn by S:T ERIK is nice.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mh580hck5mf81xy

drone-y doom stoner sludge

Oldnewtype

I can't believe I get to see Mayhem in December, itll be my first real death/black metal show.

Gorewhore

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 13, 2011, 02:38 PM
I can't believe I get to see Mayhem in December, itll be my first real death/black metal show.

Hell of a show to break yourself in \m/

buriedbutbreathing

Anyone heard Deafheaven? I know they're associated with hipsters that refer to their music as 'blackgaze' but I still think they make great atmospheric music regardless.
Deafheaven - Violet

alvarezbassist17

holy shit, has anybody listened to the newest septicflesh?  fucking ridiculous good.

bright lights, big city

I'll be honest. I've never, ever heard of Septicflesh. But I hit up the google machine and saw this vid:

Septicflesh - The Vampire from Nazareth [HD]

If that's the song you're talking about, I must agree that is bitchin'.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

Word, symphonic death metal \m/

The whole CD is wicked good.

bright lights, big city

Gonna download it tonight. And I feel like an asshole for being a death metal fan, yet not knowing them. I mean, seriously, they've been around for 20 years. And they're Greek, my countrymen!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lukas989

A Greek...er eh?  you familiar with the equally Greek Dirt Spawn Disease?

DIRT SPAWN DISEASE - Evolve Eye Evoke

bright lights, big city

yeah I got some old family over there on my mom's side. whenever I hear about some band from Greece I get all excited. However, Dirt Spawn Disease ain't doing anything for me. Sorry man. My favorite Greek band is probably Raining Pleasure, which is far from being metal, but they play some good indie rock.
DERP

lukas989

Heh - no need for apologies...theyre just a band who buddied me up on myspace who happened to be greek...the only reason  they stuck in my mind is they got on the Mastodon/Metallica tour a few years back.  Was never a huge fan though.

bright lights, big city

I don't see how they could possibly share a stage with Mastodon. Or Metallica for that matter.
DERP

lukas989

Aint that the truth...hence why they stuck in my mind.  I remember they didnt even have a record released at the time.  Maybe they gave the Metallica tour boss an award winning handjob or something.

bright lights, big city

hahaha nothing gets you further in life more than a good old fashioned.
DERP

ben

I'm a 1/4 greek.  High-five.

bright lights, big city

DERP

333tone

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 01, 2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah brah. Saganaki FTW.
Lol, the Greek metal scene has made a major progress the last few years. Although most of the new bands are more "stoner" oriented, there are a lot of metal bands that are considered "succesful", bands like Rotting Christ, Septic Flesh (of course), or even  Sarabante, a crust band that recently signed a contract with Southern Lord.

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.