Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

oh noez!!1

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 07, 2007, 03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rx~Queen~lsgurl

devilinside

Variable

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 09, 2007, 02:43 AM
Did you know that if American spent half of their military budget on education, every single American would be educated!
Every single american has the chance to be educated smart kid.  It is just a matter if they want to go for it or not. 

Variable

Quote from: one weak on Feb 09, 2007, 02:15 AM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 08, 2007, 11:33 PM
we don't genius.  One person said that not the whole country.  Or not the 200 people he asked before he hoaxed that person into saying that.
this is true. the media is a horrible medium for relaying intelligent information and is usually a biased piece of shit...

on the other hand, education is awful in the US relative to the amount of wealth, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that a lot of people couldn't tell the difference between Iraq and another country in the middle east if asked to do so on a map.

i'm all for putting more money into the education system over just about anything at this point.

All good things.  However how many people from europe or the middle east could pick out different states on a map?
Quote from: one weak on Feb 09, 2007, 02:34 AM
maybe so. it would probably be a good thing, but not Hilary if that's what you're getting at.

Hell no not Hilary

Variable

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 09, 2007, 02:57 AM
two words:
legalise pot!

Yes that is obviously a pressing issuse right now

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 03:31 AM
two words:
legalise pot!

It's not a pressing issue.. But it would be SO FCKING sweet!!!!!!   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 03:29 AM

All good things.  However how many people from europe or the middle east could pick out different states on a map?

Hell no not Hilary

Hey I said that...copycat! *punches*

And yes,Hilary!!!

White Pwny

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 09, 2007, 03:45 AM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 03:29 AM

Hell no not Hilary

Hey I said that...copycat! *punches*

And yes,Hilary!!!

Hell I said that about people from other countries picking put states.... Weeks ago on the phone with Kelly.   I would love to 100 random people try.    =o)     

Meh.... I don't want another Clinton in office.   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

tension_the_wire

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 03:19 AM
Did you know that if American spent half of their military budget on education, every single American would be educated!
Every single american has the chance to be educated smart kid.  It is just a matter if they want to go for it or not. 
Teachers have more to do with it than the students. How is a child supposed to learn when the teachers doesn't care?

So many children fall through the cracks in the system. if a student has a learning probelm, they are labeled dumb and cast aside. And its not only the states it is the world over.

Anybody can become a teacher, but not everybody can be educated

devilinside

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 09, 2007, 03:52 AM
Teachers have more to do with it than the students. How is a child supposed to learn when the teachers doesn't care?

So many children fall through the cracks in the system. if a student has a learning probelm, they are labeled dumb and cast aside. And its not only the states it is the world over.

Anybody can become a teacher, but not everybody can be educated

That's my problem. My son is 7 and in second grade (he's the youngest because they wanted him to start early because he is soo smart) and his teacher is TERRIBLE! All she does is sit on her ass,and tell them to open their books and read. And she expects them to comprehend everything they are reading. They are young kids! Come the fuck on!

tension_the_wire

teachers shouldn't be allowed desks or chairs. Why the hell would a teacher need to sit down? I don't have chairs in my class...

Its all hands on! i have some students that are lebeled 'dumb' because they don't understand algebra or how a gear train works, but give them a LEGO set and they will create the most amazing models that are geared down.

Its called their imagination. Adults get lumped down with logic. We are scred of getting things wrong where a kid will try it and if it doesn't work...they'll try something different.

Juicy Fruit

How did this country become so powerful?!
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

tension_the_wire

Deftones, Coca Cola and Simpsons.

cory

that's bullshit and you're completely ignorant if you think that.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

two words:
legalise pot!

Legalize it, regulate it, sell it, tax it.

Bam! Now we have profit off of something harmless that actually costs us money. We spend money on arresting people for posession or intent to sell or whatever, when we could have it regulated and taxed; therefore, making money from it.

P.S. Barack Obama for prez!

hydroponic82

come on,

lets all damn Anna Nicole Dick to hell..

Variable

Quote from: cory on Feb 09, 2007, 05:54 AM

Dude public education is free.  name me one city in the country that does not have public education.  I did not say it was a good education.  But it is an education.

Variable

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 09, 2007, 04:32 AM
teachers shouldn't be allowed desks or chairs. Why the hell would a teacher need to sit down? I don't have chairs in my class...

Its all hands on! i have some students that are lebeled 'dumb' because they don't understand algebra or how a gear train works, but give them a LEGO set and they will create the most amazing models that are geared down.

Its called their imagination. Adults get lumped down with logic. We are scred of getting things wrong where a kid will try it and if it doesn't work...they'll try something different.

So uh, why don't you become a teacher then?  Lets see you go get a degree and get pain 20,000 a year and see how motavated you are.  I learned more in those classes where they just made me sit and read anyways.

Variable

Quote from: You Fail Me on Feb 09, 2007, 06:23 AM
two words:
legalise pot!

Legalize it, regulate it, sell it, tax it.

Bam! Now we have profit off of something harmless that actually costs us money. We spend money on arresting people for posession or intent to sell or whatever, when we could have it regulated and taxed; therefore, making money from it.

P.S. Barack Obama for prez!

I did not want to enter a marijuana debate.  I was simply stating that out of all the things that worries me politically right now the legalization of marijuana is way way in back of the line.

cory

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 09:21 AM
Quote from: cory on Feb 09, 2007, 05:54 AM

Dude public education is free.  name me one city in the country that does not have public education.  I did not say it was a good education.  But it is an education.

in many cases it's not even a bad education. it's more like..no education at all. just because you had the privilege of getting at least a decent education doesn't mean that everyone else does too. many classes are a complete joke, just to fill up time because they have to. i wouldn't really call that an education