Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

oh noez!!1

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 07, 2007, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I see your point man.  I guess I just believe that if someone really really wants it they can have it.  It takes more than just our education system.  they need parents that motivate them and a drive to get out of poverty.  But I mean shit if they really wanted to they could.  It would take hours of self teaching and reading text books over and over.  But the possibility is there.  and that is more than a lot of countries.  I am not saying that is satisfactory.  But the opportunity is there no matter how small

tension_the_wire

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 07:26 AM
Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 09, 2007, 02:32 AM
teachers shouldn't be allowed desks or chairs. Why the hell would a teacher need to sit down? I don't have chairs in my class...
Its all hands on! i have some students that are lebeled 'dumb' because they don't understand algebra or how a gear train works, but give them a LEGO set and they will create the most amazing models that are geared down.
Its called their imagination. Adults get lumped down with logic. We are scred of getting things wrong where a kid will try it and if it doesn't work...they'll try something different.
So uh, why don't you become a teacher then?  Lets see you go get a degree and get pain 20,000 a year and see how motavated you are.  I learned more in those classes where they just made me sit and read anyways.
Read the god damn post and maybe you'll see that I am a teacher!

You'll never be a brain surgeon, aye?

devilinside

Even I knew that Trey...gah!  ;) He is indeed a teacher.

one weak

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 12, 2007, 07:05 PM
teachers shouldn't be allowed desks or chairs. Why the hell would a teacher need to sit down? I don't have chairs in my class...
Its all hands on! i have some students that are lebeled 'dumb' because they don't understand algebra or how a gear train works, but give them a LEGO set and they will create the most amazing models that are geared down.
Its called their imagination. Adults get lumped down with logic. We are scred of getting things wrong where a kid will try it and if it doesn't work...they'll try something different.
So uh, why don't you become a teacher then?  Lets see you go get a degree and get pain 20,000 a year and see how motavated you are.  I learned more in those classes where they just made me sit and read anyways.

man...now THAT is a burn if i've ever seen one.

Mr. Ree

Quote from: Variable on Feb 09, 2007, 06:23 PM
I see your point man.  I guess I just believe that if someone really really wants it they can have it.  It takes more than just our education system.  they need parents that motivate them and a drive to get out of poverty.  But I mean shit if they really wanted to they could.  It would take hours of self teaching and reading text books over and over.  But the possibility is there.  and that is more than a lot of countries.  I am not saying that is satisfactory.  But the opportunity is there no matter how small

yeah i agree, i love people like you i do, im like you, its like we know so much about life cause were perfectly middle-middle class and we know exactly how it to live in poverty and we are poverty! cause we have money and that makes us so broke, and real poverty can't help but to be spoiled on their computers at home talking about us, those dirty broke fuckin lazy trash with their imaginiry 3000 dollar computer systems! fuck em all, if they wanna be broke like me then i guess they outa get an easy job in their non economic system like you and me.

tension_the_wire

mmmmm I wonder who this is?

Another hired killer? Maybe another clone.

Just be yourself.

Mr. Ree

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 13, 2007, 02:01 AM
mmmmm I wonder who this is?

Another hired killer? Maybe another clone.

Just be yourself.

If you wanna box

dont talks

How could I clone I

Alone I speak my own

I and I no clone. "bro."

tension_the_wire

Quote from: Mr. Ree on Feb 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
If you wanna box
Yes please. Can I have a plain box so I can put the stickers on myself

Variable

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 12, 2007, 07:05 PM

touche

However I still learned more in the classes where I was just told to sit and read

Variable

Quote from: Mr. Ree on Feb 13, 2007, 01:58 AM

yeah i agree, i love people like you i do, im like you, its like we know so much about life cause were perfectly middle-middle class and we know exactly how it to live in poverty and we are poverty! cause we have money and that makes us so broke, and real poverty can't help but to be spoiled on their computers at home talking about us, those dirty broke fuckin lazy trash with their imaginiry 3000 dollar computer systems! fuck em all, if they wanna be broke like me then i guess they outa get an easy job in their non economic system like you and me.

I would hardly call America a non economic system there smart kid.  And yes, opportunity is there. Take my current roommate for example.  Grew up a broke ass beaner in the bay area.  Went so some shitty schools and was part of a broke ass beaner family.  Then he got his ass beat real real bad at this ghetto ass school he was in so his lazy ass beaner parents finally got off their lazy ass beaner asses and found something out.  YOU CAN APPLY FOR HELP!  They applied for a program and he got accepted into a really good-expensive private school where he was pretty much the only beaner amongst all the white kids.  And he got a very good education out of it.  Went to a year of college and could no longer afford it.  So following his parents example, he got off his lazy beaner ass and joined the navy so that he could afford college.  Just one of the many examples of someone overcoming something because they did not wait for it to be handed to them.

and trust me.  You know nothing about me.  I may have never lived in poverty.  This is true.  But I have met a lot of people from many different places.  I may not be able to sympathize with those in poverty in America.  But I can empathize.  Which makes me wonder why they don't do more to help themselves.  This is the day and age of affirmative action.  Might as well take advantage before everyone realizes how racist it is.

tension_the_wire

yeah, Thats fine
Quote from: Variable on Feb 13, 2007, 03:05 AM
However I still learned more in the classes where I was just told to sit and read
[/quote]
yeah, That is how you learn and there is nothing at all wrong with that, but people (esp. Teachers) need to understand that not eveyone learns that way. 99% of teachers learn that way (out of a book), and so did I, but I learn a lot better when its hands on. I see so many students that are called 'stupid' because they are hopeless at grammer or reading and the system has given up on them. All they need to be shown is their 'groove'. I know that sounds dumb, but once a student has been shown HOW to learn, you will see them speed away. Most people forget that all children are natural learners...they are like sponges!

Example...At the moment, I teaching for gears work (ratios, idle gears, power Vs. speed etc). I could show them picture after picture and give them 1,000 example out of a text book and maybe 50% of the class will understand, but if I give them a couple of different gears, some axles, a motor and a battery box, I gurantee that the whole class will understand.

Variable

Hey we are totally on the same side of that issue.  I would not have dropped out of school if I had teacher who actually tried to keep me interested or who taught in a way that I appreciated.  The youth of America should for sure have more options on how they are taught and what kid of schools they want to attend. 

I guess my point in the midst of all of this is that people in America do not have to care and therefore they do not care.  The American dream as it was first know was brought about by the huge influx of poor immigrants who came to America hoping for opportunity.  They just wanted to get a fresh start, work hard for their families , and live comfortably in a good society.  Now after years of comfort and opulence Americans have lost that drive.  The new dream is to do nothing and be rich for it.  Make your money work for you.  Be a rock star.  Get rich or die trying.  And the youth of America really truly believes this will happen.  And if it does not then we will just inherit dads money so who cares.  I personally do not agree with this complacency.  But I understand it.  Many people scoff at "first world problems" as if they are nothing at all.  And in reality they are nothing at all.  But perception is reality.  So try to cut us spoiled Americans some slack.  It's not that we are stupid.  It is just that we don't give two shits about the rest of the world. because who cares about the rest of the world when you live in America?

one weak

Quote from: Variable on Feb 13, 2007, 03:15 AM

I would hardly call America a non economic system there smart kid.  And yes, opportunity is there. Take my current roommate for example.  Grew up a broke ass beaner in the bay area.  Went so some shitty schools and was part of a broke ass beaner family.  Then he got his ass beat real real bad at this ghetto ass school he was in so his lazy ass beaner parents finally got off their lazy ass beaner asses and found something out.  YOU CAN APPLY FOR HELP!  They applied for a program and he got accepted into a really good-expensive private school where he was pretty much the only beaner amongst all the white kids.  And he got a very good education out of it.  Went to a year of college and could no longer afford it.  So following his parents example, he got off his lazy beaner ass and joined the navy so that he could afford college.  Just one of the many examples of someone overcoming something because they did not wait for it to be handed to them.

and trust me.  You know nothing about me.  I may have never lived in poverty.  This is true.  But I have met a lot of people from many different places.  I may not be able to sympathize with those in poverty in America.  But I can empathize.  Which makes me wonder why they don't do more to help themselves.  This is the day and age of affirmative action.  Might as well take advantage before everyone realizes how racist it is.
excuse me? affirmative action is racist, while you think it's fucking funny to call Latinos "beaners"?????

you epitomize the problems with this country in about one paragraph. it doesn't matter if you're in the Navy, you define the reasons why this country is a divided land that's falling fast.

you say that you're diverse and sympathetic towards those who are less fortunate, but you ridicule those who are not white protestant..."they're lazy, they should get off their lazy asses and do something"

give me a fucking break. grow up.

tension_the_wire

Quote from: Variable on Feb 13, 2007, 11:13 AM
Hey we are totally on the same side of that issue. 
Bugger

Variable

Quote from: one weak on Feb 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 13, 2007, 03:15 AM

excuse me? affirmative action is racist

you say that you're diverse and sympathetic towards those who are less fortunate, but you ridicule those who are not white protestant..."they're lazy, they should get off their lazy asses and do something"

give me a fucking break. grow up.
yes affirmative action is racist.  Yes white people can be victims of racism too.

And I never said that non white Protestants should get off their lazy asses.  I said that my friends beaner parents got off their lazy asses and got help.

also I said I was empathetic, not sympathetic.

I hope you are not from America.  Because if you are you just perpetuated the image as far as education goes.  Your reading comprehension sucks.  And don't get so caught up on one word.  It is a term of endearment between my and my beaner friends.  After all I am from New Mexico

tarkil

I so feel like reviving this thread...
But I won't....

Wait, I just did right ?

So, yeah actually no one cares to know where are located your states, mkay ?
Same as you don't care about knowing where France departments and / or cities are... That's the kind of thing only people of the country are interested in...
Hence there's no comparison with what was seen in the video : we are thinking global here, that it to say we are looking at the world as a whole. Sure, as I stated it before, there are stupid people everywhere, but it happens that people from US tend to be way less educated... Like waaaaaaaay less.
I don't know why, cause I don't know US education system or your country enough, but from the very little I saw, I would say it all revolves around you guys not caring about the rest of the world and seeing yourselves "superior" (cf. Team America World Police for exaggerated cliche  reference, but that's what I want to say).

There's no bashing in there, I'm just stating my opinion. And that doesn't mean that the rest of the world is better than you, nor that I am nor whatever.
For your recall, it also happened that I left my country (France for those who still don't know) cause I thought it was too shitty, with too many assholes, so don't give me some patriotic bullshit, I'm trying to be objective here...

Oh, and on a sidenote, and for the little it's worth mentioning, my best friend here in Hong Kong are from America, so don't give the "anti america" bullshit either...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

oh my lord.  I cant even imagine why you would revive this.

tarkil

Yes I couldn't resist... I know, sometimes I'm just an ass...

Variable

tarkil

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment...   :)