Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

oh noez!!1

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 07, 2007, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tension_the_wire

I was just being self-righteous!
Whatever I say, take with half a cup of salt...ie I take the piss outta everything

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: White Pwny on Jan 08, 2007, 07:39 PM
**hangs head in shame**

I don't even have anything to say except, Where did they find these people!?!?

Texas

devilinside

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 09, 2007, 12:04 AM
Quote from: White Pwny on Jan 08, 2007, 07:39 PM
**hangs head in shame**

I don't even have anything to say except, Where did they find these people!?!?

Texas

Muwahahah

Jacob

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 08, 2007, 08:10 PM
No,what they do is question TONS of people,and only show the 10 that answered wrong. Of course they aren't gonna show the 200 that answered right...gah.

sure, but the thing is... if they had done the same thing in, say... Sweden, all the morons would have been kids 14-18 years old. there wouldn't be old people and people agreeing with everything the president says just because he's the president. ok, so we don't have a president, but you catch my drift.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devilinside

I get ya,but you can't say that  kids 14-18 years old would be the only ones answering wrong. But it's easy I guess to say that cause we here in the US haven't seen cute little tidbit's like that done in other countries. And no,i dont want to hear "well it hasn't been done because we dont have idiots like that here". That's not true.

And yeah,some of the older people didn't know what the shit they were talking about,and i'm not gonna make excuses for them,but i'm sure alot of them grew up in poverty and weren't able to get a proper education.

But regardless,it is ridiculous how little people know,and I wish that they would use the money used for war and helping other people/countries and put towards education.

I also hate how judgemental people are of Americans based on things like that. There are some incredibly brilliant people here,but you never see them.

/rant

:D

BloodyKnifePrty

those dumbass fucktards

Don't you think they should have a group that goes out and asks those type of questions and if the people get them wrong they should beat the shit out of them? 

That video made me feel good though, because they all appeared to be functional in society and I'm smarter than any of them.

raynor

Sure, there are stupid people in Sweden as well, but I can't begin to imagine you would find anyone as stupid as that. I seriously doubt you would find 1 person that would put a pin on Australia and say it's Irak. Oh yeah and also, wanting to bomb the place. You would have to interview atleast 10.000 people to find that dumbfuck.

tension_the_wire

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 09, 2007, 12:44 AM
I also hate how judgemental people are of Americans based on things like that. There are some incredibly brilliant people here,but you never see them.
People are judgemental because that is what we are shown on the little 3rd eye destroyer (the TV).

The reason people that are not from the USA are so amazed by it is because this is general knowledge that they are being asked...the majority of the world knows what happens outside its window.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: raynor on Jan 09, 2007, 01:09 AM
Sure, there are stupid people in Sweden as well, but I can't begin to imagine you would find anyone as stupid as that. I seriously doubt you would find 1 person that would put a pin on Australia and say it's Irak. Oh yeah and also, wanting to bomb the place. You would have to interview atleast 10.000 people to find that dumbfuck.

Man, I've heard so many people out in the sticks say "Oh we should just turn Iraq into glass"

It's hard to imagine that there are actually people that think like that. But then again, the world is a really fucked up place and nobody knows how to deal with it, so they just use anger and greed and they blindly follow what someone with authority tells them.

raynor

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 09, 2007, 01:36 AM

Man, I've heard so many people out in the sticks say "Oh we should just turn Iraq into glass"

It's hard to imagine that there are actually people that think like that. But then again, the world is a really fucked up place and nobody knows how to deal with it, so they just use anger and greed and they blindly follow what someone with authority tells them.
ehm I don't know if you misunderstood me or not, but I meant you'll have to interview 10.000 people in Sweden to that person. I have no doubt in my mind what so ever that you could find one in America just by stretching your arm out and stopping someone. Atleast in the central-states.

whoops, used the Swedish spelling for Iraq I see.

devilinside

Maybe I should travel to other countries and have them tell me where Tennessee is,or who signed the Constitution. Google couldn't help ya then. I'm sure most people only know of California,New York,Texas and Florida existing. Does it matter that you know all the states,no,but just to belittle you on camera like it's been done here would be entertainment. I knew all but one of the questions asked on that video. But I know if the tables were turned,no matter how smart you think your country is,you too will have these fucktards. Just because they haven't been video'd,doesn't mean they dont exist in large amounts.
It's easy to bash on a place that you have never been to,or have seen things on tv that portray it in a negative light. But when you're actually here,and interact with more of the people,you would be amazed at how smart MOST of us are.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: raynor on Jan 09, 2007, 01:51 AM
Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 09, 2007, 01:36 AM

ehm I don't know if you misunderstood me or not, but I meant you'll have to interview 10.000 people in Sweden to that person. I have no doubt in my mind what so ever that you could find one in America just by stretching your arm out and stopping someone. Atleast in the central-states.

whoops, used the Swedish spelling for Iraq I see.

I didn't misunderstand.

It's wierd to me to hear someone say things like that. Mostly because I live in an extremely open minded part of the U.S...Seattle. And then to go somewhere 150 miles or so away and hear someone say "Turn those towel heads into glass" is mind blowing.

alvarezbassist17

i'm tellin you, listen to south park, 1/4th of americans are retarded.  so the odds of finding someone who doesn't know that kind of shit on the streets is pretty good.  i mean sure, there's smart people, but i mean come on, the way the general public acts, there's no way they're even close to the majority.  i mean, look at the real world.  people love that show, it's had like 11 seasons with some of the biggest fucking retards i have ever seen, and not only has it been kept on the air by popular demand, there's people out there who actually believe those folks on the show have any grasp of rational thought.  just look at american popular culture in general and tell me this country is less than a quarter retarded.

alvarezbassist17

i mean fuck, bush still has like a 33% approval rating or something, that's a whole third!

Jacob

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 09, 2007, 03:59 AM
Maybe I should travel to other countries and have them tell me where Tennessee is,or who signed the Constitution. Google couldn't help ya then. I'm sure most people only know of California,New York,Texas and Florida existing.

please do. you'd be surprised how much people know of America over here.

one major difference I think is that the US is one of the few remaining countries who are still very susceptible to propaganda and patriotism. and where those two still manage to run the country.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Martin

ARGH....that's just fucking HORRIBLE.

Wonder how much I know of my own country, the world and politics.

devilinside

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jan 09, 2007, 07:46 AM
i'm tellin you, listen to south park, 1/4th of americans are retarded.  so the odds of finding someone who doesn't know that kind of shit on the streets is pretty good.  i mean sure, there's smart people, but i mean come on, the way the general public acts, there's no way they're even close to the majority.  i mean, look at the real world.  people love that show, it's had like 11 seasons with some of the biggest fucking retards i have ever seen, and not only has it been kept on the air by popular demand, there's people out there who actually believe those folks on the show have any grasp of rational thought.  just look at american popular culture in general and tell me this country is less than a quarter retarded.

All compared with television. Reliable source. I have watched the real world a few times,only to see how imature these kids are. But they pick these people for the entertainment value,of course they aren't gonna put alot of smart people in a house,that would be boring. I mean,who want's to hear intelligent conversations? The show is also aimed at a younger crowd,who is easily amused.

If I were to go by what the tv portray's other countries as,then I would have some shit views on them. But I dont go based on that,I make my opinions based on the people I actually talk to.  You just cant judge a book by it's rattey cover.

Moz La Punk

I do mostly agree with devilinside, its just so easy to make fun of America. Its a big country with lots of people, of course theres going to be a lot of dumb asses there. Rednecks, KKK, patriots, NRA, Bush supporters, Michael Moore, Green Day, Christians... wait

Subliminal

''Yassa Arafat is the president of all that (Al Qaeda) Everybody knows that''

Lmfao :D