Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

oh noez!!1

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 07, 2007, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

;) I thought there was going to be some good shit said in this topic.  But I was rather disappointed with it.

devilinside

Ooohhhhh!!

I'm sure if this persit's,things will get better!

I think all flaming should go in here. FALMING,NOT FLAMERS!

Variable

it is just funny that these kids think they know shit about america because of what they watch on tv.  And they want to talk about how many stupid people there are in the states when their countries are probably smaller than texas.

devilinside

I an not a patriotic person by far,but like i've said,you cant judge a book by it's cover. I love America,I just dont want people associating everyone here with the idiots they see. It's one sided here,we are the minority.

tension_the_wire

Quote from: Variable on Feb 05, 2007, 02:59 AM
it is just funny that these kids think they know shit about america because of what they watch on tv.  And they want to talk about how many stupid people there are in the states when their countries are probably smaller than texas.
Size has no bearing on it.

skinnypuppy

Although Americans are indeed pretty dumb, I'd love for there to be a version of this video done on people in EU. I kind of think the same thing would happen. They'd be just as clueless.

devilinside

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Feb 05, 2007, 03:50 AM
I'd love for there to be a version of this video done on people in EU. I kind of think the same thing would happen. They'd be just as clueless.

I agree with this part.

Variable

Quote from: tension_the_wire on Feb 05, 2007, 03:39 AM
Quote from: Variable on Feb 05, 2007, 02:59 AM
Size has no bearing on it.

But population does smart kid

cory

a lot of people blame americans for their own ignorance but it just isn't that simple. the ignorance stems from a whole lot of bullshit, people are fed complete lies from the day they open their first textbook. it's all propaganda, patriotic garbage. and american children can't stand it because it's boring. it's boring to hear about all these american 'heroes' because they embody the same tired characteristics as every other hero. start showing the population the muck and you'll get people interested in not only the history of the united states but the effect it's had on the world, and the effect the world has had on the united states. then and only then will they care, and then care enough to push change. 

and that's only the case for the privileged kids. people growing up in slums, ghettos, and shitty inner-city school systems don't even have the benefit of being lied to.

Variable

Don't worry.  I will lie to them every chance I get!

Good point btw.  America has no need to care.  And some of these people who think they know everything just don't get that.

one weak

Quote from: cory on Feb 07, 2007, 05:25 AMstart showing the population the muck and you'll get people interested in not only the history of the united states but the effect it's had on the world, and the effect the world has had on the united states. then and only then will they care, and then care enough to push change. 
i agree with that
Quote from: Variable on Feb 07, 2007, 01:28 PMAmerica has no need to care.  And some of these people who think they know everything just don't get that.
what do you mean America has no need to care? No need to care that it's has the most wealth in the world, yet it fails to educate it's population?

lithium royalty

We need hiro to save us from ourselves
Save the cheerleader save the world

devilinside

[youtube=425,350]4RmHq5EwCH4[/youtube]

Saturday Night Whiskey

YESSS fangirl YESSSSSSS
david bowie (me) and nine inch nails (you)

Quote from: Sea~Bass on Feb 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
Hexagram is the breakfast of champions.
Hexagram is the breakfast of us warriors.

devilinside

Variable

Quote from: one weak on Feb 07, 2007, 06:07 PM
Quote from: cory on Feb 07, 2007, 05:25 AMstart showing the population the muck and you'll get people interested in not only the history of the united states but the effect it's had on the world, and the effect the world has had on the united states. then and only then will they care, and then care enough to push change. 
i agree with that
Quote from: Variable on Feb 07, 2007, 01:28 PMAmerica has no need to care.  And some of these people who think they know everything just don't get that.
what do you mean America has no need to care? No need to care that it's has the most wealth in the world, yet it fails to educate it's population?
America has no need to care because ignorance is bliss.  We know we got money and we got it pretty dam good.  So who the fuck cares about everything else.  Let the politicians deal with all of that other garbage.  because after all.  When all the smoke from all the criticism blows away.  They are obviously doing their job for us to have the economy and status in the world that we have.  Not everyone thinks like this.  But a lot of those "stupid" people in that video probably do.

Saturday Night Whiskey

Quote from: tarkil
If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

hey deny it all you want.  But if your life was made ridiculously easy by some dirty shit that you did not even have to know about.  You would not be so righteous

Saturday Night Whiskey

A dove is a glove that I wear in my heart.

Variable

ok emo kid.

Hows about you guys get a grip on reality then come talk to me