Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

halloween (2007)

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Jan 07, 2007, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Rob Zombie's MICHAEL MYERS:

omg, fucking badass !

ben

just as long as the original music is in it.

Sam

Quote from: theis on Feb 25, 2007, 07:00 PM

omg, fucking badass !

Very bad ass indeed. Can't wait for this

ToneDef

Quote from: theis on Feb 25, 2007, 07:00 PM

omg, fucking badass !

I'll admit that looks insanely good.

theis

Dr. Loomis

Annie, Laurie and Lynda.

i'm really excited about this movie.

one weak

i am real anxious to see what he comes up with. however, Zombie is going to have to unleash all the tricks up his sleave to enjoy having a film that is not constantly up for criticism against a well-known classic series.

statistically, he's up against some heavy odds in taking on this project.

let's hope it great though!

ben

The problem with zombie is he thinks over-the-top gore is what you need to make a film scary...atleast that's what he did for House of a 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, and both of those films ended up hilarious.

I hope Rob knows that to even hold a small candle to the original he needs to focus the movie more in terms of a tense atmosphere than a bunch of blood and guts being thrown around.  That's what made the original so awesome.  That and the music.

Just my two cents.

theis

i don't think the devil's rejects was that gory.

the violence was disturbing and i didn't find it funny at any time.

Sam

Quote from: ben on Mar 04, 2007, 11:47 PM
The problem with zombie is he thinks over-the-top gore is what you need to make a film scary...atleast that's what he did for House of a 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, and both of those films ended up hilarious.

I hope Rob knows that to even hold a small candle to the original he needs to focus the movie more in terms of a tense atmosphere than a bunch of blood and guts being thrown around.  That's what made the original so awesome.  That and the music.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you on most of that....atmosphere is everything...the suspense of knowing Michael is gonna pop out.

ben

Quote from: theis on Mar 04, 2007, 11:50 PM
i don't think the devil's rejects was that gory.

the violence was disturbing and i didn't find it funny at any time.

Have you ever seen Last House on the Left?

theis

haha yeah man. i hated that movie with a passion.

i couldn't take the actors serious at all. the acting was so incredibly bad.

that movie is in my top 5 worst ever.

but hey, to each his own.

ben

nah the acting and most of the plot sucked, i was just goign to say that the disturbing scenes in that film for some reason freak me out the most every time.  Don't know why.  Maybe the low budget.

I just thought The Devil's Rejects was just funny.  I don't know, maybe it was intended that way.  I know parts of a 1,000 corpses were.

Sam

Haven't seen house of 1,000 corpses yet..is it good?

ben

It's a novelty film.  Some parts, espeacially one, made me laugh really hard the first time I saw it.  Not one of the better films of the genre.

But back to Halloween-- question. Which one is the worst (and i'm not including 3, because that's just an anomaly of shit)

I'd have to say 6 or the last one with busta rhymes.

Also, another question-- since this thread is about a remake, how about Friday the 13th being remade.  It is happening...before we know it, the story of freddy will be reinvented also.  All for a dollar.  Seems pretty silly to me.

theis

it's a fun ride.

a good mix of funny and disturbing/gory scenes. not for the weakhearted though.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Mazzy on Jan 20, 2007, 08:41 AM
it's rob zombie.

it's going to be brilliant.

period.

well considering slayer only made music, it seems as if he has nobody to copy when it comes to making movies

my friend harry from work played slayer for me the one time, i dont like heavy music . but i must admit, rob zombie is like the biggest slayer rip off ever

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

slayer ripoff ? haha wtf.

rob's music sounds nothing like slayer...at all.

theis

theis

ben