Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

halloween (2007)

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Jan 07, 2007, 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

lol, The posibilities are endless with that one.

theis

i'm actually looking forward to the michael bay produced remakes of Friday the 13th and Elm Street.

he produced the Texas Chainsaw remake and that was not bad at all.

Variable

so what exactly did Texas chain saw massacre have that the new Halloween didn't?

theis

acting, tension, editing, dialogue, great kills and you actually cared for the characters. oh, and did i mention the editing? wow, that was awful in Halloween.

and no one wants to skull-fuck each other.

in short, rob zombie completely raped a horror classic.

Variable

no bro.  It was a good flick. 

In short, you just thought way too hard about it.  Its not supposed to be a movie that makes you cry and find jesus.  Its just supposed to be mind numbing entertainment that lets you escape from life for two hours. 

and dont even tell me that the acting in The texas chainsaw massacre was so much better.  That movie was just and excuse to show shots of Jessica Biel's ass.  Not that it wasn't beautiful.  But its the truth.

theis

sorry about your taste in movies.

Swords

Quote from: Variable on May 14, 2008, 09:57 AM

In short, you just thought way too hard about it.  Its not supposed to be a movie that makes you cry and find jesus.  Its just supposed to be mind numbing entertainment that lets you escape from life for two hours. 

and dont even tell me that the acting in The texas chainsaw massacre was so much better.  That movie was just and excuse to show shots of Jessica Biel's ass.  Not that it wasn't beautiful.  But its the truth.

agreed.  it's just a horror movie.  it's not some michael moore docu. or passion of the christ.

both remakes were good (halloween and TCM) but they'll never top the originals which are pretty much perfect horror movies IMO.
FYIHYD

Variable

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on May 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
sorry about your taste in movies.
sorry you think being a movie snob is cool

theis

Quote from: Swords on May 14, 2008, 11:27 AM
Quote from: Variable on May 14, 2008, 09:57 AM

agreed.  it's just a horror movie. 

seriously, that's the dumbest excuse ever.

so because it's "just" a horror movie we can't expect anything from it?

there have been many horror movies which today is seen as cinematic masterpieces.

Variable

I dont think Rob Zombie wanted to create a cinematic masterpiece.  I think he wanted to create a entertaining popcorn flick that disturbed people a bit.  And he did.  Props to Rob.

theis

problem is, it wasn't entertaining. just bad.

house of 1000 corpses was a shitty movie, but it was entertaining.

this just sucked.

bright lights, big city

i like jessica biel's ass
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 13, 2008, 02:05 PM
Quote from: fireflyry on May 13, 2008, 10:20 AM
Not really getting this recent trend of remaking classics as opposed to leaving them be and thinking up new shit instead.

Meh.

just wait till michael bay remakes nightmare on elm street.

oooh.....I loved those movies when I was younger.

ToneDef

The Texas Chainsaw remake was great. It pissed all over the original which is a really, really, really shit movie. Perfect horror film my fucking balls.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: ToneDef on May 16, 2008, 09:08 AM
The Texas Chainsaw remake was great. It pissed all over the original which is a really, really, really shit movie. Perfect horror film my fucking balls.

The original was shit?  The remake lacked that tension the first one perfected.  To each their own.  I enjoyed the remake but it just wasn't the same.

theis

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on May 27, 2008, 04:37 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on May 16, 2008, 09:08 AM

The original was shit?  The remake lacked that tension the first one perfected.  To each their own.  I enjoyed the remake but it just wasn't the same.

quoted for truth.

ToneDef

Each to their own indeed. The original is just a really really bad movie IMO. The second half is just her constantly screaming. It's got chills, sure. I just don't like it.