Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

people are people

Quote from: bewareofrats on Jun 28, 2013, 01:57 AM
This band is yuck.

WTF never troll NIN ... This is MADNESS!

people are people

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 29, 2013, 12:31 AM

Asked why he kept the recording of "Hesitation Marks" a secret for a year, Reznor responded, "I still owe Interscope a greatest-hits record. There was talk about doing a couple new tracks for the compilation under the NIN header . . . I started tinkering with a couple songs for NINE INCH NAILS. I felt inspired by what's happening. A couple songs led to a couple more songs and pretty soon it was a full-fledged, 'let's make an album.'"
Reznor described "Hesitation Marks" as "much more electronic," although he added that the first single, "Came Back Haunted", is "familiar, it's very self-referential and purposely. I think that's the most like that there is on that record."

DJR

Quote from: luisch on Jun 28, 2013, 08:19 PM
The vid is so... I dont know..

Nine Inch Nails - Came Back Haunted

2 great artistic minds......and 1 shit video! I dont get it

people are people

Well i don't see people here REALLY bitching about the video, but if you don't like the video,
You don't know in what drug you need to be, to understand this xD,

I can understand some frustration by some fans, but is Lynch and NIN and I can see people saying this imagery isn't challenging.
Nothing is actually happening. It is just a bunch of flashing lights and motion to try to make people not realize it is only a few basic shots with nothing happening and
others saying people don't like to be challenged with imagery. They want everything to make "sense" to them immediately and get uncomfortable when things seem weird or intangible at a glance.

Well is obvious that this is not a story, perhaps is more the framing of a feeling, if you like NIN and Lynch, you don't need to be upset because you don't see 
a masterpiece in your way of see things, you just need to remember these guys didn't have to prove anything to anyone, I get it when some people
see new filmmakers and the people don't know about  their concepts and way of see things , Now you have LYNCH and NIN is obvious that they want the video to be in this way.
It's not your style or  It's your style, well art stimulates different parts of our brains to make us laugh or incite us to riot, with a whole gamut of emotions in between.
Deal with it or leave it, we are not talking about some amatuer.(without offence to some amateurs,because i really like some amateurs)

DJR

Quote from: people are people on Jul 05, 2013, 10:49 PM
Well i don't see people here REALLY bitching about the video, but if you don't like the video,
You don't know in what drug you need to be, to understand this, now serious or not xD,

I can understand some frustration by some fans, but is Lynch and NIN and I can see people saying this imagery isn't challenging.
Nothing is actually happening. It is just a bunch of flashing lights and motion to try to make people not realize it is only a few basic shots with nothing happening and
others saying people don't like to be challenged with imagery. They want everything to make "sense" to them immediately and get uncomfortable when things seem weird or intangible at a glance.

Well is obvious that this is not a story, perhaps is more the framing of a feeling, if you like NIN and Lynch, you don't need to be upset because you don't see 
a masterpiece in your way of see things, you just need to remember these guys didn't have to prove anything to anyone, I get it when some people
see new filmmakers and the people don't know about  their concepts and way of see things , Now you have LYNCH and NIN is obvious that they want the video to be in this way.
It's not your style or  It's your style, well art stimulates different parts of our brains to make us laugh or incite us to riot, with a whole gamut of emotions in between.
Deal with it or leave it, we are not talking about some amatuer.(without offence to some amateurs,because i really like some amateurs)
Personally, after seeing the video,  I said goodbye but I
I had to try, I came back, I came back haunted
C-c-c-came back haunted

I agree they have nothing to prove, and especially with Lynch anyway i don't think you're supposed to understand what the fuck is going on anyway haha (Lost Highway is an awesome film, but i have no idea what the fuck is going on in it). I think it just seems a bit cheap...

people are people

That's my point exactly, you can say that is weird, cheap, etc. is the Lynch intention.

Now, seriously...David Lynch is a Genius, i found out this review, My thoughts practically anyways...
http://www.hollywood.com/news/celebrities/55019077/david-lynch-nine-inch-nails-video-came-back-haunted?page=all
(Lost Highway is the shiit  ;) )

people are people

Nine Inch Nails new album "Hesitation Marks" will be released with four different album covers. Each cover will be unique and have its own format.

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/55697135231/each-version-of-hesitation-marks-will-have-its-own

DJR

Quote from: people are people on Jul 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
Nine Inch Nails new album "Hesitation Marks" will be released with four different album covers. Each cover will be unique and have its own format.

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/55697135231/each-version-of-hesitation-marks-will-have-its-own

I opted for the special edition one. I cant see the point in having a "Download" cover...you'll never be able to hold it :/

people are people

haha yup ...

They played two new tracks "Copy Of A" and "Find My Way" : ) at the 'Fuji Rock Festival' in Niigata, Japan.

Nine Inch Nails Find My Way Live at Fuji Rock 2013 [720p]

Nine Inch Nails - Copy Of A (Live at Fuji)

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Thanks dude thanks !!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

DJR

I'm impressed it all so far :D

RoyalDeftonicBoy

people are people

the stage production of Nine Inch Nails summer tour below.
NIN Festival Tour - Teaser on Vimeo

The bonus tracks for the iTunes Deluxe Version of Nine Inch Nails new album "Hesitation Marks" have been revealed.
Bonus tracks:
15 -- "Find My Way" (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)"
16 -- "All Time Low" (Todd Rundgren Remix)"
17 -- "While I'm Still Here" (Breyer P-Orridge 'Howler' Remix)"
18 -- "Trent Reznor in Conversation With..."

RoyalDeftonicBoy

devilinside

I'm just not digging this new album...and I've tried soo hard.

devilinside

Quote from: people are people on Jul 28, 2013, 01:54 AM
Nine Inch Nails - "Copy of A / Sanctified" Live at Fuji Rock Festival in Naeba, Japan, on 2013-07-26

Copy of A and amazing version of Sanctified holy SHIT!

Sanctified is one of my alltime favorites...if I knew for sure he'd play that in Nashville it would totally be worth seeing live again. Haven't seen it live since 1994.

people are people

Quote from: devilinside on Aug 13, 2013, 12:34 PM
Quote from: people are people on Jul 28, 2013, 01:54 AM
Nine Inch Nails - "Copy of A / Sanctified" Live at Fuji Rock Festival in Naeba, Japan, on 2013-07-26

Copy of A and amazing version of Sanctified holy SHIT!

Sanctified is one of my alltime favorites...if I knew for sure he'd play that in Nashville it would totally be worth seeing live again. Haven't seen it live since 1994.

Wow you have already seen "sanctified" Live! is one of my all-time favorites too, this is the first time that Sanctified has been played live since Nights Of Nothing Tour in 1996,
I think no one thought he'd play that live ever again, first time played live in 17 years lol and this version is killer,he better release this version of sanctified, but I mean those screens,
They've changed a couple of older tracks up though by adding more electronics, the festival shows are completely different from the "Fall Tour" everything looks absolutely amazing.
NIN live is always good to see, Trent Reznor always gives 100% in live performances, Specially now he is in an awesome shape, look the size of his biceps xD
Now seriously,probably they play ; ) . Personally i like everything  about "Hesitation Marks" so far but ya know you cant force yourself to like something and the album have "18" tracks.

RoyalDeftonicBoy