Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Trent Reznor discusses HTDA, NIN, film projects

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor recently took to NIN.com to address his current happenings and future plans with the following update:

"What a surreal week, capping of an equally surreal few months! Thank you all for the support and kind words throughout. I need to once again point out the reason that score worked so well was David Fincher. We were simply executing his vision and it was an honor and an eduction working with him. Which brings me to: The Girl WIth the Dragon Tattoo.

Atticus and I are hard at work scoring David's next film, which will be opening this Christmas. We've been composing quite a bit of music for this and have just begun to see some of what's been shot. Trust me when I say this film (and of course the music!) will not disappoint.

Perhaps I misspoke on the red carpet or wherever it was I said the new How To Destroy Angels record is finished – it is not. We've been working since last summer on it and are due to mix it this summer for a fall release. We've spent a lot of time experimenting and finding our own sound and identity this time around and we're very happy with the results. The three columns of things I'm currently funneling music into – HTDA, NIN and film work – I believe will start to make more sense to you (and me) as everything unfolds.

By having a few different outlets for my work I'm finding more inspiration within each one. No, Nine Inch Nails is not dead and I plan to focus on that next.

And finally, I am friends with Timur Bekmambetov. He's an interesting and very talented director that caught my attention with his film Night Watch (check it out if you haven't). He asked me if I was interested in scoring his new film he's doing with Tim Burton entitled "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". I was familiar with the book, read the script and it felt like an interesting challenge as a composer – very different from the Fincher films. While discussing the film with Timur he started gently pressing me to play a small role in the film.

The idea was a cameo-esque role that would be kept under wraps and be a surprise around opening night. I was considering this when I awoke a few days ago to the news I am now STARRING in ALVH (which is obviously not true). Fuck. We both apparently forgot the internet existed AND THERE ARE NO SURPRISES anymore.

So... do me a favor and act surprised, OK?"

NIИ is not dead !!!!!!!! =D !!!!!!!!
I cant wait for new stuff.I dont care for HTDA but Im so glad he is gonna focus again on NIИ

devilinside

Totally off topic,but I can't wait to see how awesome his son is gonna be when he grows up. I miss my T-Rez. :(

RoyalDeftonicBoy

=') So fucking happy to hear Trent again.Thanks for the link !

RoyalDeftonicBoy

New Music Trent and Atticus

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Dotcom (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Soundtrack)

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Soundtrack - Comes Forth In The Thaw

Both songs will be featured on the soundtrack of the movie The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Dark,eerie and Hunting
So fucking good !

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Full version of Nine Inch Nails' cover of Immigrant Song here http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/12/trent-reznor-karen-o-immigrant-song-full/
Of course it sounds great is NIN

Sushi-X

meh. He's really going through the motions at this point now. I wish he'd stop working with Atticus and do something fucking fresh already.

Rocket Skates '94

skinnypuppy

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Sushi-X on Dec 02, 2011, 04:10 PM
meh. He's really going through the motions at this point now. I wish he'd stop working with Atticus and do something fucking fresh already.

I couldnt agree with you more.He needs to revive NIN

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Dec 02, 2011, 05:57 PM
got the 300$ vinyl

I envy you =( I wish I could get it but I gave Trent $300 for my Ghosts Deluxe Edition.Can you post some pics when you received it?

Sushi-X

New NIN but no Atticus. And definitely no HTDA or Tapeworm for that matter. Just new. Some solo shit

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Sushi-X on Dec 05, 2011, 07:33 AM
New NIN but no Atticus. And definitely no HTDA or Tapeworm for that matter. Just new. Some solo shit

Yeah I hate that HTDA shit.

theis

Sushi-X

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Dec 06, 2011, 02:21 AM
Quote from: Sushi-X on Dec 05, 2011, 07:33 AM

Yeah I hate that HTDA shit.

i don't mind the HTDA, i'm just tired of Atticus always being involved with every project Trent seems to put out now

Rocket Skates '94

skinnypuppy

Why Tapeworm even gets brought up anymore is beyond me. LETITGO. I don't give a fuck what Trent does, I enjoy everything. How can you 'revive' NIN if it's not gone? Wish all you want for Pretty Hate again but you're not going to get it.

Sushi-X

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Dec 09, 2011, 01:27 AM
Why Tapeworm even gets brought up anymore is beyond me. LETITGO. I don't give a fuck what Trent does, I enjoy everything. How can you 'revive' NIN if it's not gone? Wish all you want for Pretty Hate again but you're not going to get it.

my comment about tapeworm is for the ppl that want him to work on that. i can live without tapeworm

Rocket Skates '94

spitfire

BillyNo.9

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Nuno Cal on Dec 09, 2011, 05:28 PM
it has leaked

True

Now I have something to keep on reading the book even more before the movie comes out in 1 week =P

spitfire

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 09, 2011, 09:03 PM
Quote from: Nuno Cal on Dec 09, 2011, 05:28 PM
it has leaked

Where you been man?
hidden in a hole, where i shall never get out of it again

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Call me an old, but I feel like the kids of today can totally not understand how Trent Reznor articulated our complex souls in the 1990s.

Still, the king of searing internal pain translated to industrial rock is still churning out albums, and has shared released information about his newest effort, titled "How To Destroy Angels." Reznor talked about the new album- a collaboration between Reznor, wife Mariqueen Maandig and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo co-composer Atticus Ross- to Rolling Stone, pegging the first few months of 2012 for a release date:

"[We are] finishing our full-length record, which has fully matured our sound into something that is very unique... I can't wait for that record to come out, actually probably [in the] first quarter of next year."

Reznor, who also confirmed that the couple is expecting a baby in "a couple of weeks," also reflected upon the creative outlet provided by working on new NIN material. He said that he'd felt boxed in in the past, and explained:

"Really, why I stopped Nine Inch Nails as a live entity was because it started to feel like I've done it, I've done it, and I've done it again. started to feel like I needed reinvention and I needed to force myself into that... How to Destroy Angels has been an interesting creative outlet. I think when people hear what we've been up to, it will be very validating on my part."

You can follow Trent Reznor over on Twitter for new information on "How To Destroy Angels" as it becomes available.

I guess no more NIN
Fuck HTDA