Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Dec 18, 2011, 10:10 PM
Call me an old, but I feel like the kids of today can totally not understand how Trent Reznor articulated our complex souls in the 1990s.

Still, the king of searing internal pain translated to industrial rock is still churning out albums, and has shared released information about his newest effort, titled "How To Destroy Angels." Reznor talked about the new album- a collaboration between Reznor, wife Mariqueen Maandig and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo co-composer Atticus Ross- to Rolling Stone, pegging the first few months of 2012 for a release date:

"[We are] finishing our full-length record, which has fully matured our sound into something that is very unique... I can't wait for that record to come out, actually probably [in the] first quarter of next year."

Reznor, who also confirmed that the couple is expecting a baby in "a couple of weeks," also reflected upon the creative outlet provided by working on new NIN material. He said that he'd felt boxed in in the past, and explained:

"Really, why I stopped Nine Inch Nails as a live entity was because it started to feel like I've done it, I've done it, and I've done it again. started to feel like I needed reinvention and I needed to force myself into that... How to Destroy Angels has been an interesting creative outlet. I think when people hear what we've been up to, it will be very validating on my part."

You can follow Trent Reznor over on Twitter for new information on "How To Destroy Angels" as it becomes available.

I guess no more NIN
Fuck HTDA

He said the live entity not the studio part.

http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/60900

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Thanks for reviving my hopes =D !!!! I didnt read that note thanks ! =D !!!

skinnypuppy

At this point, I don't even feel like NIN is a creature.  I feel like he should have ended NIN with the live show, but who am I to judge? NIN has always just been Trent and whoever else he feels like working with, however it felt like a final statement, the wave goodbye tour felt final. So it's weird hearing songs from NIN after the fact (the two covers) - I associate those songs to Trent Solo Material, even though, all material from Trent, is 'solo'

Or something. You get my point. Long story short, NIN is dead. Long live Trent.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

New Interview

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/19/143834396/trent-reznor-the-fresh-air-interview

Listening to Trent the way he talks makes me drool LMAO

Some things that woman said were kinda disrespectful  >:( What a dumb bitch

Livewire

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Livewire on Jul 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
News about a new soundtrack (not film), HTDA's new album and "work" on NIN.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/trent-reznor-composes-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-music/1#.UASSqHBD07A

I've been waiting for news like these for sooooo much :D!!!!!! Thanks for bringing my hopes up again,not happy for the Yoko one project but definetily looking for new NIN :D!!!

E-Money

Some new NiN would be sick.  Its time. 

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Behind the Scenes with Trent Reznor & David S. Goyer - Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video

I dont give a shit about this game but that song on the background sounds very NINish which revives my hopes for some new NIN at some point.It is kinda like Eros,it will see the light when the time is right.I hope the time for some new fucking NIN is NOW not later.

deftones47

lithium

💩

deftones47

Quote from: lithium on Oct 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
Trent working with dre, again
http://i.imgur.com/EHZio.jpg

I saw that post. Don't know what to say about it.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: deftones47 on Oct 26, 2012, 12:55 AM
Quote from: lithium on Oct 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
Trent working with dre, again
http://i.imgur.com/EHZio.jpg

I saw that post. Don't know what to say about it.

Weird?
If I remember correctly Trent took a pic with Dre when he was working on the masterpiece of The Fragile,so it could be good :D

deftones47

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 28, 2012, 03:11 AM

If I remember correctly Trent took a pic with Dre when he was working on the masterpiece of The Fragile,so it could be good :D

Sounds like it could be. I have great respect for Reznor and Dre.

Livewire

There's a snippet of the Black Ops II theme on Amazon now.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-II/dp/B009XHDJXG/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352171330&sr=301-1

Sounds like it is the same music from the youtube video.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY !!!

TRENT REZNOR Says NINE INCH NAILS Is Working On New Music, Possible Tour - Nov. 7, 2012
In an new interview with RollingStone.com, Trent Reznor was asked about the likelihood of new NINE INCH NAILS music. "All signs point to yes," he said. Pressed further, he added, "Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works."
Those "things" could also include live performing again. "Yeah, if it feels right, it's a possibility," he said. "I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was. Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the NINE INCH NAILS column of things. It's a different kind of work.

DJR

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Nov 08, 2012, 02:58 AM
BEST NEWS OF THE DAY !!!

TRENT REZNOR Says NINE INCH NAILS Is Working On New Music, Possible Tour - Nov. 7, 2012
In an new interview with RollingStone.com, Trent Reznor was asked about the likelihood of new NINE INCH NAILS music. "All signs point to yes," he said. Pressed further, he added, "Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works."
Those "things" could also include live performing again. "Yeah, if it feels right, it's a possibility," he said. "I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was. Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the NINE INCH NAILS column of things. It's a different kind of work.

I never usually believe people when they say they will stop...but i did with trent, just because i genuinely thought he was done with NIN and wanted focus on other things! So that is promising stuff! I wasnt too impressed with The Slip, i mean i like it...but not the best! I was always waiting for another Fragile esque masterpiece. So maybe it could happen for me

deftones47

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY !!!

Well that is AWESOME!!!

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: DJR on Nov 08, 2012, 09:43 PM
BEST NEWS OF THE DAY !!!

I never usually believe people when they say they will stop...but i did with trent, just because i genuinely thought he was done with NIN and wanted focus on other things! So that is promising stuff! I wasnt too impressed with The Slip, i mean i like it...but not the best! I was always waiting for another Fragile esque masterpiece. So maybe it could happen for me

I feel like The Slip was 100000X better than the mess Year Zero. Some good tracks on Y0 but  felt like The Slip was more interesting. Short, concise, noisey, ambient...Loved it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

deftones47

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 10, 2012, 03:43 AM
BEST NEWS OF THE DAY !!!

I feel like The Slip was 100000X better than the mess Year Zero. Some good tracks on Y0 but  felt like The Slip was more interesting. Short, concise, noisey, ambient...Loved it.

I can agree with both viewpoints on The Slip. I guess the best part of it was having the opportunity to download it off of NIN's website for free.

DJR

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 10, 2012, 03:43 AM
BEST NEWS OF THE DAY !!!

Ahh see now i quite liked Year Zero......I can see why you think it was a mess! But was great for getting high too, thought i was in space haha