Straight from Trent's blog on the Spiral:

Current Mood: Confused Currently
Listening to: lots of whining

01/10/07 : new record info

nine inch nails: year zero
coming april 2007.
it could be about the end of the world.

01/11/07 : that's what i get

While mixing, I spend most of my time NOT in the control room to allow myself some objectivity when it comes time to listen to the progress of a track. During that time, I'm working on the new set list, tour production, thinking about tracks that aren't being mixed yet, working on a few things NIN related I can't tell you about yet, finishing Saul's record, and occasionally checking in on you people online.
Let me clear a few things up so some of you don't kill yourselves (or maybe you now will). This is not a fucking hip hop record for fuck's sake. I imagine my referring to old Public Enemy records as an influence and the fact I'm working with Saul sparked that. To clarify what I meant by being influenced by Public Enemy: Hank Shocklee's Bomb Squad had a unique and highly influential way of constructing tracks - layers of samples and loops that combined together to form something chaotic and new. Do not expect Flavor Flav to appear here.
While we're at it, I wouldn't consider Saul's record to be labeled hip hop either. Certainly there is an influence there but his record reaches far beyond the confines of what I consider a dying genre.
As far as the sound and content of my new record, you'll see and hear soon enough. I am certain some of you will HATE it. I am also certain some of you will find it the best thing I've ever done. It is different in a number of ways and it is who I am now.
I am creating right now and I do not care what the record label or marketing people think about what I'm doing. I also do not care what the public think about what I'm doing. I certainly appreciate your patronage - and I HOPE you will get and enjoy what I'm working on, but I will not patronize you or pander to what you want. I assure you I am pouring every ounce of my life, heart and soul into this and it will be the best work I am capable of - and that's all I can do.

:D

and nobody know's if this is the real thing or not.

[youtube=425,350]NM0xGrMrIRU[/youtube]

lostpilot

Christ.

I hope the album will be 'Fragile'-like. Something wicked, what makes up a perfect sound.

Songs could be layered like 'The Great Below', 'Hurt', 'Beside You in Time', etc. Some technological stuff.

Moz La Punk

Whatever he comes up with, its going to be better than With Teeth, c'mon, it has to be. With Teeth was too much of 'giving the fans what they want' imo.

Jizzlobber

yeah its bound to be better. im stoked, lookin forward to this
<

lithium royalty

the video is no longer available?

devilinside

the video keeps going and coming,just keep checking youtube for year zero.

The Constant

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 13, 2007, 01:56 PM
Whatever he comes up with, its going to be better than With Teeth, c'mon, it has to be. With Teeth was too much of 'giving the fans what they want' imo.

I was SO let down by With Teeth. In fact, so let down that I have absolutely no reason for being excited for this new one, which will probably end up being the last breath for the NIN we all know and love(d).

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Im looking forward to the DVD and this CD !!!!! I cant wait until trent finish it :D !!!
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

skinnypuppy

What was the video?

Trent's gone on to say that this record is "a soundtrack to a movie that doesnt exist" and "is highly conceptual" - I love the sound of that. The title Year Zero is eh, but I think this could prove to be a great record.

devilinside

The Constant

The comment about 'a sountrack to a movie that doesn't exist' was in reguards to The Fragile. He mentioned that in the Q&A just before With Teeh.

Awithateethuh.

devilinside

Moz La Punk

Its funny because the way he sings in With Teeth (the song) sounds like Witte Tiete, thats Dutch for white titties.

devilinside

Well,we all know he doesnt like white ones.

;)

Chrisbo

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 15, 2007, 08:57 PM
Its funny because the way he sings in With Teeth (the song) sounds like Witte Tiete, thats Dutch for white titties.

Haha!

Year Zero for me is my most highly anticipated album of 2007 at the moment.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

The Constant

I can just see a crowd full of Dutchman screaming "White titties!"...

It brings a tear to my eye.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

skinnypuppy

devilinside

"Trent is god"

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*goes fangirl*

im kiddin...i saw that live. I do like that song.

devilinside

NINE INCH NAILS is scheduled to film a video for the new track entitled "Survivalism" beginning Monday, February 5 in the Los Angeles area. The song comes off the group's new album, "Year Zero", which is slated for an April release.

In a recent interview with England's Kerrang! magazine, Reznor described the upcoming CD as "a collage of sound type of thing, not heavy in a metal guitar kind of way." He added, "With this record I feel a lot less concerned about what people think about it — especially the dying record industry. I couldn't care less about that right now." Reznor also revealed that the new effort is a concept album and "part of a bigger picture of a number of things I'm working on. Essentially I wrote the soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist."

Reznor said that most of the album was recorded "in hotel rooms around the world on laptops," with very few musicians beside himself and "maybe some surprise vocalists that pop up here and there."

When asked why the new record took less than two years to arrive when the last one took six, Reznor said, "I'm probably as surprised as some fans are (laughs). But really it's just a matter of discipline. When I was on the last tour, to keep myself busy I was just really hunkered down and was working on music the whole time, so this kept me in a creative mode and when I finished the tour I felt like I wasn't tired and wanted to keep at it."

NINE INCH NAILS will release a DVD called "Beside You In Time" on February 27. The disc documents the band's tour in support of "With Teeth".