Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subliminal

Quote from: Chrisbo on Mar 02, 2007, 10:59 PM
Ah, last night in Glasgow was fucking LEGENDARY! That's beyond amazing by the way haha! I've already made a post on it here though:

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php?topic=11630.40

So you can read about it there (pictures also in the Picture Thread in Chit Chat). What I have to say though is that 'Survivalism' sounded fucking great live, a lot heavier! Good times! Cant wait for the new album, and the prospect of them being back here again!

Dude, Please tell me you've heard Beginning of the End?? It's fuckin' ahhh, amazing!

I LOVE YOU TRENT.

devilinside

haha!!!

Do ya'll have things falling apart? I've fallen in love with it all over again.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

devilinside

I'm not listening to anymore. The first 3 blew me away,so I want to save the rest. I haven't even been to my NIN board cause I dont want to hear anymore. heh

Subliminal

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 04, 2007, 06:33 AM
I'm not listening to anymore. The first 3 blew me away,so I want to save the rest. I haven't even been to my NIN board cause I dont want to hear anymore. heh

Beginning of the end is the best one, Strong tie with Survivalism.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

NIN Year Zero Review

This was translated from a Frence NIN Year Zero Review...
Kinda Intresting... I am disapointed at the track lengths though...
http://ninnewsfr.mihalis.org/yearzero.php

1.Hyperpower ! (1 :42)
An instrumental introduction to the album all in rise to power with a repetition of the same topic with new sounds/instruments with each passage. A very successful intro but which is however not connected with the following track. This piece could be fabulous a intro in concert to replace traditional "the pinion".

2.The Begining of the End (2:47)
With new a track all in rise and with a structure strongly pointing out "Metal". The sentence "This is the Beginning" returns in leitmotiv in all the song.

2.Survivalism (4:22)
The first individual one, already known by the escapes on the Net and interpretations live. A very rich piece and comprising a diverting refrain.

3.The Good Soldier (3:23)
Rate/rhythm pop magnet, voice very ahead and refrain rather little marked. The unit is very mélodieux (the song is splendid). A riff dissonant for a song a little in the counting rhyme kind which finishes by 1 min instru. Undoubtedly the song general public radio operator friendly without being simplistic

5.Vessel (4 :51)

The introduction is very "returns-inside". Very noisy song with enormously of strange sounds resembling electronic tears with a small layer of piano in overprinting. The voice is adulterated enough in particular on a refrain starting with strange "Oh My God". The two last minutes of the piece are instrumental and really incredible. This song is the first of both which we wished réécouter and the second listening enabled us to see the large side barred of this song (in particular because of the very saturated sounds and the breaks of rate/rhythm very surprising.

6.Me, I'm Not (4 :52)

7.Capital G (3 :49)
A starting of the song recalling "At The Heart Of It All" but with verses to phrased very hip hop and a splendid refrain as for him very pop. Once again a song which goes up in power for all its length of time. Seldom in the work of phrased NIN "the rap" had not been so present.

8.My Violent Heart (4:14)

9.The Warning (3:39)
Once again a intro very "returns inside". The Trent plays much with stereophony on this song which interferes the large electronic noises and a pretence dissonant dry guitar. The choked voice of the Trent repeating "The time is tick tick ticking away" returns this song very entêtante. It should be noted that the noise which with the spectrogram reveals the presence and which were at the end of the mp3 of "My Violent Heart", finds itself such as it here. Moreover, the end of the piece made us enormously thought of "Suck".

10.God Given (3:50)
The song more surprising album and that which all scotché us and which one unanimously decided of réécouter. An electronic rate/rhythm funky coupled to the Trent which sings with one phrased very carried hip hop and which accelerates until furious and disco music "Come on, everybody now, sing along, God Given". After the refrain a bridge with voice murmured and all starts again. Effective Diablement, surprisingly dancing: real surprised!

11.Meet Your Master (4:09)
Song a little more traditional. With new a starting with "At The Heart Of It All" and a rise to power. Principal surprise of this song, end with the repetition of a "Come On Down" which is connected on the following song. (and which represents only the true sequence of tracks the album)

12.The Greater Good (4:51)
A voice murmured on a mixture of xylophone and string instrument (toothing-stone) very serious. All things considered one finds similar sonorities with that of the face B "Baboon Rape Party" of Marilyn Manson. About the middle of the song the song becomes very calm and releases an impression of serenity then it increases until final which takes the form a Larsen length. This piece is at the same time strange, glaucous and terrifying. A piece not to be only listened at home:)

13.The Great Destroyer (3:17)
A intro enough Hard Core with a voice which it would be more in its place on one strolls (melody song with a reverberation). The rate/rhythm odd and is destructuré, and one has the impression that the song is posed above. Then the voice accelerates to very hold the rate/rhythm until "The Great Destroyer" sung in a way Europe!!! Then the end of the song (from 2:00) transfers in large anything electronic (a "dégueulis" of sounds saturated and with synthé) pointing out Aphex Twin or ATR. A water noise encloses this varied song

14.Another Version of the Truth (4:06)
The song starts with a piano alone pointing out still but with a strong cathedral effect which gives echo. Interferences in overprinting increase then are reduced before changing and letting think of an invasion flies. It is a piece planing, sober and very dark.

15.In This Twilight (3:34)
An environment of assembly line work in a factory, a rather plaintive voice. Undoubtedly the most traditional song and least interesting of this listening.

16.Zero-Sum (6:15)
News intro with "At The Heart Of It All" (very techno, low grosses), an adulterated voice pointing out that of the song "The Downward Spiral" and a piano which goes up in power. Certain sonorities or songs style World Music are added to this song which remains rather calm and which encloses the album while being done more and more calms.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

emehlen

"15.In This Twilight (3:34)
An environment of assembly line work in a factory, a rather plaintive voice. Undoubtedly the most traditional song and least interesting of this listening."

Say What?

The other songs must be really really good for that to b true
So far its my favorite

The beginNINg of the End is cool too

The Constant

Compared to the rest of his catalog, this is just laughable.

Subliminal

Hardly, It's all already sounding better than With Teeth and i love that album.

bloodylotion90

can't wait. trent is amazing

White Wrist

I´m in love...over and over again for NIN!

my fav now is survivalism.

i want that year zero! 0

zee deveel 17

im really digging the beginning of the end.  the start of the song reminds me of getting smaller except that its played slower. 

devilinside

God I know! I'm avoiding the spiral from any further temptation. I'm weak and will DL the whole fucking album if I see it.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 07, 2007, 06:10 AM
God I know! I'm avoiding the spiral from any further temptation. I'm weak and will DL the whole fucking album if I see it.

Will you shared it ? (blush)

devilinside

I haven't heard of it being out yet,but whatever the spiral get's,within minutes ets gets. But if I get ahold of it,I'll give it to ya.

White Wrist

slutproof

I'm really loving the whole marketing thing, seriously.

zee deveel 17

The Constant

I agree. The whole concept, the websites, the teaser, even the way he's leaking the tracks one by one on USB drives (in bathrooms no less).

Sexy like.

I just think it's too bad he couldn't back this theme up with a quality album. His vocals are becoming more and more of a joke.

White Wrist

more usb´s in england. any news?