Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

it's the video from Survivalism. I'm not a big fan of the song but the video is cool. It's going to work, this album is going to sell very well!

can be found at echoing the sound forum.
Listen to my music at

White Wrist

and one more link

http://www.thewaterturnedtoblood.net/

like this one. trent is fucking huge!

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I love the new video fucking great at the end.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

White Wrist

it´s really nice. I like cuase it´s black and white. And the changing cameras and views. I really like the "big brother" style. Survivalism.

zee deveel 17

good video, i cant wait for this cd to leak

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-lx576HDis

NIN - The beginning of the end ( live in London)

Enjoy it guys.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

WretchedRock

NIN - In This Twilight - music video

LINK: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4dcOiKASXyk

This video was made by a NIN fan.  Wow.

devlin

does anyone have any links to a iPod ready version of the survivalism video?

White Wrist

another review, at gigwise:

Nine Inch Nails release new album Year Zero on April 16, but Gigwise had a sneaky listen today in the bowels of a Soho bar.
The playback was organised ahead of our exclusive online interview with Trent Reznor next week.
The first half of a concept album based on 'a daydream about the end of the world', it is a 16-track opus that sees Trent Reznor returning to his electronic, DIY roots.

1. Hyperpower!
Instrumental introduction to the album. The drum and electronica opening salvo set the pace for what's to come...

2. The Beginning of the End
Heavy guitars, swirling synth and driving bass over a melodic backdrop. The rockier direction of the last album is scarcely apparent as electronica once again dominates the world of NIN.

3. Survivalism
The first single, and a good taster for the album as a whole. A pounding chorus and angry vocals sums up Trent Reznor's disquiet with the state of the world.

4. The Good Soldier
Drums and bass combine with the sounds of gunfire while a dreamlike synth line weaves its way through the track. It winds down to a near-stop before exploding back with a vengeance. A possible future single.

5. Vessel
Dirty electronica similar to the classic 'Closer', complete with rushes reminiscent of gasps of breath. "Oh my god, could we go any faster!?" groans Trent towards the end.

6. Me, I'm Not
A slow burner that recalls elements of Massive Attack's 'Angel'. The instruments creep in and out, before it breaks down into an edgy mix of scratching and bleeps suggesting impending doom.

7. Capital G
With an intro eerily similar to Michael Jackson's 'The Way You Make Me Feel', this is NIN at their most danceable. The music is strident and bassy, while Trent delivers a vocal diatribe over the top.

8. My Violent Heart
The menacing intro leads into spoken vocals, with Reznor playing the role of prophet. It builds up to an explosion of squealing synth, electronic strings and heavy guitars before fading and dying.

9. The Warning
With the concept in full flow, Trent's vocals are yet more prophetic and foreboding here. "You're Time is Ticking Away", is essentially the warning offered in a resigned fashion that suggests he could be singing to himself as much as the listener.

10. God Given
As with 'Capital G', this is a grooving, melodic track that belies the undertones present throughout the album. And you never expect to hear the line, "C'mon, sing along, everybody now!" on a record so full of disquiet.

11. Meet Your Master
From the poppiness of the last track, back to a darker tone. "Come on down", he repeatedly sings, summoning the listener back to the bigger picture.

12. The Greater Good
Like Kid A-era Radiohead, a sparse track flavoured with barely audible vocals. The pounding drums are the focal point of a mysterious, dark tune.

13. The Great Destroyer
Casting himself in the title role, Reznor's melodic vocals offer a lament that began a few tracks ago with 'The Warning'. Again, we are reminded that "The end is near" over a collage of electronica.

14. Another Version of the Truth
An instrumental in two parts; the first half a distant piano is heard through a haze of static, but it builds and grows into a clear melody, while a lurking noise constantly haunts the background

15. In This Twilight
A rockier effort than most of the album, this highlights Reznor's underrated vocal dexterity, as he soars in the choruses and drops down to a darker growl for the verses.

16. Zero-Sum
A fitting climax to the first half of this dual concept record. The booming bass and sparse drum compliment Trent's muffled spoken word lines. The track and album sign off with a swirl of sparse piano and noise, an end that suggests more to come.

Keep your eyes on Gigwise for a full review and, of course, the exclusive interview with Trent Reznor coming soon! 

Great expectations.

Moz La Punk

devilinside

I'm not going to read any reviews,cause I hate them. Did anyone used to read the Meathead Perspevtive? He always had funny shit.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp070311.htm

Watch the video he did for Trent's 40th birthday. lol

devilinside

Listening parties:

salt lake city, UT sunday, march 11
7pm in the venue 579 west 200 south

salt lake city, UT 84101 
minneapolis, MN tuesday, march 13

7pm varsity theater 1308 4th st SE
minneapolis, MN 55414 

san francisco, CA wednesday,
march 14
7pm slim's 333 11th st

san francisco, CA 94103 

new york, NY wednesday,
march 14

7pm knitting factory 74 leonard st
new york, NY 10013 
  los angeles, CA thursday,
march 15

7pm the music box
@ fonda 6126 hollywood blvd
los angeles, CA 90028 
  san diego, CA thursday,
march 15

7pm house of blues 1055 fifth ave
san diego, CA 92101 
  atlanta, GA thursday,
march 15

8pm masquerade 695 north ave NE
atlanta, GA 30308 
  san diego, CA thursday,
march 15

7pm house of blues 1055 fifth ave
san diego, CA 92101 
  seattle, WA friday,
march 16

7:30pm experience music
project 325 5th ave
seattle, WA 98109 
  sacramento, CA saturday,
march 17

6pm empire club 1417 R street
sacramento, CA
  chicago, IL sunday,
march 18

6pm metro 3730 N clark st
chicago, IL 60613 
  boston, MA sunday,
march 18

8pm middle east 472/480 mass ave
cambridge, MA 02139 
  dallas, TX wednesday,
march 21

7pm the granada 3524 greenville ave
dallas, TX 75205 
  denver, CO thursday,
march 22

7pm the marquis
theater 2009 larimar st
denver, CO 80202 
  phoenix, AZ thursday,
march 22

7pm the marquee
theater 730 n mill ave
tempe, AZ 85281 
  detroit, MI thursday,
march 22

8pm st andrews hall 431 E congress st
detroit, MI 48226 
  austin, TX friday,
march 23

7pm emos lounge 603 red river
austin, TX 78701 
  cleveland, OH tuesday,
march 27

7pm

TheWatcher

coming out to the chicago show?

emehlen

8pm masquerade 695 north ave NE
atlanta, GA 30308 
  san diego, CA thursday,
march 15

Oh yeah, its good....
I wont say anymore

devilinside

Quote from: TheWatcher on Mar 14, 2007, 10:51 PM
coming out to the chicago show?

Nah..I'm not gonna drive 9 hours just to hear a cd. haha ;)

Jerry_Curls

I REALLY like "Survivalism".
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Subliminal

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Mar 17, 2007, 02:55 AM
I REALLY like "Survivalism".

Probably the best single from Trent ever.

It's already a classic in my eyes, I'm really loving the other new stuff too.

devilinside

I like it,but I think Me,I'm not is my favorite soo far. :D

Jerry_Curls

Well...I've only heard that one track and from that one track, thats the only opinion I got.

I can't wait to hear remixes of Survivalism so I can dance to it at da clubz.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

skinnypuppy

Year Zero is a pretty good CD. All the songs use the exact same beat structore though, so it gets a little old after a while. The lyrics are minimal, too. Most of the record seemed instrumental to me.  Either way, badass CD.