Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Confession Booth

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rxqueen

I know you don't tell it to her! God, I'm sure you wouldn't be together anymore then.. All that matters is that you love her..

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: law on Jan 14, 2007, 10:09 PM
I just finished off my band. We were doing pretty fucking good too, but then again my heart wasn't in it.

Easy come, easy go as they say

What?! You left? Or the band split up? Explain please...
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Juicy Fruit

A confession that will interest rxqueen a lot...

After considering it for almost a year, I finally decided to stop covering my hair about two weeks ago. I am of the opinion that it's not actually a rule in my religion, and that it's more of a cultural thing.

tension_the_wire

devilinside

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Jan 15, 2007, 01:37 AM

After considering it for almost a year, I finally decided to stop covering my hair about two weeks ago. I am of the opinion that it's not actually a rule in my religion, and that it's more of a cultural thing.

AAH!!! I want to seee!!!!! ;)

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I concur!

To the picture thread!

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: You Fail Me on Jan 15, 2007, 04:03 AM
I concur!

To the picture thread!

Hahaha... all in good time my friend, all in good time...

Juicy Fruit

I should've known you'd turn up at the opportune moment.

ToneDef

I just finished off my band. We were doing pretty fucking good too, but then again my heart wasn't in it.

I hear that. We're still slugging it out but shit, it ain't as fun as you'd imagine. We been having gigs cancelled on us too. We're meant to be making a comeback in our area but everything's just going wrong.

I'm tired of drums too.

White Pwny

Oh Zara!!!   I wanna see tooo!!!   =o)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

rxqueen

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 15, 2007, 02:04 AM

AAH!!! I want to seee!!!!! ;)

!!!

Moz La Punk

law

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Jan 15, 2007, 01:31 AM

What?! You left? Or the band split up? Explain please...

Nah it's all folded. Shame with Kerrang appearance and Carling academy coming up too but there was a lot of bullshit surrounding it, I want a fresh start to be honest.

@TD: yeah it is seriously hard work, people don't realise it. Writing songs and management demanding "we want 25 songs outta you asap" and its like I find it hard working with certain people. See what I do next hehe.

Zevaka

not gonna visit school without a reason. i' sorry about it.

nah, don't feel sorry at all.

tension_the_wire

Quote from: law on Jan 15, 2007, 05:20 PM
@TD: yeah it is seriously hard work, people don't realise it. Writing songs and management demanding "we want 25 songs outta you asap" and its like I find it hard working with certain people. See what I do next hehe.
Bro, I know exactly what your talking about. We're starting to get stuck in all the shit we've tried to avoid our whole lifes!
It is really hard for musicians...all we've ever wanted to do is play our music and people don't understand it. They just want more and you end up hating your music cause there are all these labels and expectations put onto your shoulders.

I've broken my band up twice now because it just got too much for me...you go do some gigs and your treated like a rockstar. But 'they' (exec. etc) make you pay the bill with the one thing that is the most dearest....your art!

Music shouldn't never ever have a $$ put on it!!!!

Mazzy

i agree with you. my friend stopped wearing it two years ago. she didn't think it made any difference. she said something about being modest in your actions rather than your clothes. at the end of the day that was more important.

plus in my area, all the girls that cover their hair are the biggest hypocrites. they wear so much make up that you would have to dig six feet to get to their real face and their clothes are always super tight. some of them wear body suits. BODY SUITS!! they'd be like, 'covering my hair is apart of my religion, but it's totally ok that i have nine feet of make-up and everyone can see my panty line and my lumpy arse.'

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Mazzy on Jan 16, 2007, 09:01 AM

i agree with you. my friend stopped wearing it two years ago. she didn't think it made any difference. she said something about being modest in your actions rather than your clothes. at the end of the day that was more important.

plus in my area, all the girls that cover their hair are the biggest hypocrites. they wear so much make up that you would have to dig six feet to get to their real face and their clothes are always super tight. some of them wear body suits. BODY SUITS!! they'd be like, 'covering my hair is apart of my religion, but it's totally ok that i have nine feet of make-up and everyone can see my panty line and my lumpy arse.'

Haha.

Yeah I wore it for over 4 years... for the first couple of years I enjoyed wearing it but the last couple of years I realised it was more of a hindrance than a help, and it didn't make much of a difference in the way it was intended. And like you said, your body is more attractive than your hair so it's more important to cover that modestly than it is to cover your hair.

I basically think you should dress in accordance with what is considered modest by the society in which you live. In the west, showing your hair would never be considered immodest, but if you went to Saudi for example, in certain areas it would be immodest for you to even show your face since no women do (in certain places). For the record I disagree with the principle of covering your face - in fact I think it's stupid and it infuriates me when people try to say it's ordained by the religion - it isn't. But in order to be modest, I think it's necessary to wear it in places where all women do. I hope that made some sense.

Moz La Punk

That last thing, you're right about it. I can see why when you're in a big group of women that all wear it, you might be seen as unmodest.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jan 16, 2007, 09:47 AM
That last thing, you're right about it. I can see why when you're in a big group of women that all wear it, you might be seen as unmodest.

Yeah, if I went out with my friends who cover their hair I'd cover mine too (with a hat or something).