Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Heroes

Started by Martin, Feb 11, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 01, 2008, 08:12 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 01, 2008, 04:20 PM
Last night's Fringe was awesome compared to Heroes.

i agree with this completely, i only got to see half the show last night but man was it awesome. anyone who is not watching this needs some serious assessment

Damn, I tried to get into it and it just does not have any kick to it.  I'll keep trying but I got bored with it last week.

goldpony

it does tend to move a little slow, but if you waited till the end, it was worth it
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

I'm going to try and watch it again this coming week.  I might've been distracted at the time as well. 

goldpony

yeah, i can see how given head could distract someone ;)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

It is hard to watch when your head is bobbin' :)

goldpony

who watched last night? probably one of the best eps in some time. that whole part with peter and sylar was awesome
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

yeah i like when they do that future stuff and how it effects what happens today. i still think the dr. suresh/jenifaa yopez storyline is getting stale, though.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

they're still disappointing me.
too many characters, simply.
they could make a show for each of them, and then air it, and it still would not make any sense - why are some things happening.

it's like, what, 6th alternate future?
or even more. come on.

edit: and I am still pissed about how writers still think that time, or in this case, future, is a PLACE.
like you can go back to the present, to the future, to the present, to the future, and everyone will still be aware of the changes you've made in the FUTURE.
it's simply a nonsense. TIME IS NOT A PLACE, for fuck sake

bright lights, big city

ok that is true. i think the main problem is with the characters, you're right. every episode, they completely ignore about 2 or 3 characters' storylines.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

goldpony

they definitiely need to trim the fat, tho in true comic book style, you could say that about a lot of ensemble comics as well
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

ok, does anyone even watch this show anymore? in the last 2 months since I posted in here, I have completely given up. I'm done with this crap, and I'm perfectly happy watching Prison Break instead on mondays.
DERP

devlin

i love the show. i don't understand why people are being so hard on it this season. i'm gald they are giving some back story and answering old questions and elaborating on old stories. instead of just non stop action.

goldpony

I still watch too. i admit, this season is a little slow but it is geting really good. i think the return of Bryan Fuller to writing will be great. i agree with devlin, this show is still really good. If you like ensemble comic books, you should like this still; its written exactly like an ensemble comic book
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

do you mean like x-men? because i do love them.... just for me, it's been downhill for about month and the Eclipse part 1 I thought was just awful and that was the last straw. Now my buddy still likes the show said that in part 2 they get their powers back?! wtf I would've wished they drawn that out more, bring out more emotions on the characters, something.

I felt that they were trying for some deep, philosophical meaning to the last few episodes and somehow they failed in my opinion.
DERP

goldpony

i didnt feel that way about the last few episodes. I think people expect too much from this show based on an exceptional first season. but remember, spiderman was awesome when it was new and the sequels became familiar. I think if one watches the show as  bubblegum rather than the steak most people want it to be it gets better. i did think the whole eclipse thing was a bit weak, but there was real character development, especially in part 2.

i think your right on with the x-men analogy. in reading that comic, one issue out of a hundred may have a big deep philosophical meaning and be really great, but the rest are pure bubblegum and a great way to be entertained.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devlin

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 04, 2008, 06:56 PM
do you mean like x-men? because i do love them.... just for me, it's been downhill for about month and the Eclipse part 1 I thought was just awful and that was the last straw. Now my buddy still likes the show said that in part 2 they get their powers back?! wtf I would've wished they drawn that out more, bring out more emotions on the characters, something.

I felt that they were trying for some deep, philosophical meaning to the last few episodes and somehow they failed in my opinion.

you didn't like that they lost their powers, and now your pissed they got them back already?

i thought it was good. i dunno were else they could have gone with itor stretched it out. some characters got wake up calls to show they are not invincible. and others were shown they can still be "heroes" without their powers. playing fields were leveld for a couple of fights. and i thought characters grew alot in a two episode period. i loved the comic book store scenes with seth green and breken myer.

lostpilot

it was good, though me and my good friend, while discussing, where like 'SO WHAT the eclipse happened?'
it changed absolutely nothing

bright lights, big city

i just thought they could've drawn the eclipse thing out. perhaps made a several-episode arc out of it. not that it matters.

they seemed to kind of want to make a big deal about this eclipse happening because the last eclipse gave them powers. but really there was no point to it. didn't it also seem like this eclipse lasted for hours on end? don't they really last a few minutes?

Again, I'm probably thinking way to far into this.
DERP

lostpilot

yeah, I wanted Eclipse to mean so much more, but, well, it was just some sort of catalyst to 'develop the characters' which I lately hate. somebody has to kill off all the invicible ones, and, well, balance the evil and the good to finally have the 'battle of the villains'.

fireflyry

First series was the bomb.

Second was pretty crap...admittedly writers strike did'nt help.

Up to part 5 in the third here in NZ and I'm kinda over it.

Cool show but I can't get past the fact that comics seem to have better writers.

The plot is pretty crap compared to comics and it seems to make plot lines purely for effect as opposed to twists for a solid and intelligent fan base.

Guess it's hard to steer clear of drama when it comes to TV but comic plots had way more substance.

Now it's getting a bit silly and seemingly strained.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.