Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Post Rock/ Ambient Thread

Started by justaphase, Mar 16, 2007, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justaphase

just wanted to start a thread that we can share music for bands like
mogwai, explosions in the sky, mono, red sparowes.

list any band recommendations or albums here:

JOV

alphawaves84

DakkoN

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Sigur Rós is overrated.

I love Explosions in the Sky. I love Do Make Say Think. Godspeed You! Black Emperor...I just love post-rock and post-metal.

Jorge

If These Trees Could Talk
http://www.myspace.com/ifthesetreescouldtalk

65daysofstatic
www.65daysofstatic.com/ 

ISIS
Cult Of Luna
Old Man Gloom
Pelican
Oxes
Red Sparowes
Jesu
Boris

Fireal1222

get the album

godspeed you black emperor- lift your skinny fists like antennas to the heavens

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Starz

I recommend Yndi Halda

Their new EP is amazing... The first track from it sends shivers down the spine each time I hear it...

theis

"post-rock" bands tend to get very repedetive, imo.

god is an astronaut, explosions, mogwai and ros are good though.

Jerry_Curls

I think you guys just named all the ones that exist.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Deadradio

If anyone wants to start a band like the one's mentioned above, I'm in. I live in Chicago. Play guitar. Let's talk

justaphase

something amazing! for all you post-rock fans!

check it out

click amazing!

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on Mar 17, 2007, 02:18 AM
"post-rock" bands tend to get very repedetive, imo.

god is an astronaut, explosions, mogwai and ros are good though.

god is an astronaut is the best

there new album comes out on 420

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

PhiberOptiks

Pelican! I hated how everyone hated them when I saw them play Taste of Chaos... The guy next to me was yelling you suck the whole time which kind of ruined it cause i really liked them and i got to meet them after the show since sadly none of the emo kids there really wanted to meet them.. good guys too. anyone else like this band?

Zevaka

i love Hammock very much. i have their Kenotic, and  raising your voice trying to stop an echo. And some EP. Maybe some of you, guys, have more?;)

Explosions in the sky are too simple for me, as i said once, it's not music  to listen, but to play in the backgroud while doing something.

ISIS. They are really cool, love them very much. Hard and soft, Agressive and melanholic. They can be so different.

Mogwai and Sygur Ros. They are very cool, it's very good to start your day with them ;)

yoda on mars

Mascara Snake

Saw Sigur Ros live during the summer their, and they were fucking immense! im going to see god is an astronaut on 28 of april, although ive heard their live shows can be shit!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

333tone

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 17, 2007, 12:52 AM
get the album

godspeed you black emperor- lift your skinny fists like antennas to the heavens
simply amazing album

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Starz

Right now I can't get enough of Mono, fuck their music is amazing... And Yndi Halda  ;)

Thanks for the website links by the way!

theis