Previous topic - Next topic

Starz

Quote from: briang on Oct 12, 2007, 12:27 AM
I'm looking for some really dark, moody ambient. Can anyone help me out?  ;D

Check stuff by Raison D'etre and Coil

Starz

Lord Scrotum

Anyone willing to help me...?

I don't know too much about this genre but I am very intrigued and would like to delve deeper and discover more bands.

I  am loving Jesu(only the more recent work) and The Panic Division and a band called Khoma right now...not too sure they are even post rock haha.

But if anyone could lead me the way to bands like that or can tell me other bands they feel I might enjoy would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Starz

Maybe Khoma could be classed as post-metal? Who cares, I love them. The Panic Divsion are a cool band but definitely not post-rock haha

Bands you should check out are as follows:

Junius (you could fall in love with this band like I have)
Aereogramme
God Is An Astronaut
Below The Sea
The Evpatoria Report
Hammock
Immanu El
Jakob
Isis
Laura
Mono
Mydriasis
Oceansize
Rosetta
Stateless
Woven
Yndi Halda

Some of this is not post-rock/ambient at all but seeing as you like Panic Division and Khoma you might like some of the bands I have mentioned above...

Also, a lot of good albums have been posted in this thread. Might be a good idea to download a few of them and see what you think. And if you want me to upload something or find something for you then I will try and do my best... Good luck in discovering new music!

Lord Scrotum

Quote from: Starz on Oct 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
Maybe Khoma could be classed as post-metal? Who cares, I love them. The Panic Divsion are a cool band but definitely not post-rock haha

Aereogramme
God Is An Astronaut
Below The Sea
The Evpatoria Report
Hammock
Immanu El
Jakob
Isis
Laura
Mono
Mydriasis
Oceansize
Rosetta
Stateless
Woven
Yndi Halda

Some of this is not post-rock/ambient at all but seeing as you like Panic Division and Khoma you might like some of the bands I have mentioned above...

Also, a lot of good albums have been posted in this thread. Might be a good idea to download a few of them and see what you think. And if you want me to upload something or find something for you then I will try and do my best... Good luck in discovering new music!

Haha as you can see,I'm not good at classifying music,then again..maybe just take music for what it is haha.

At least I got Jesu right?!

That's a hefty list you've given me there,thank you very much,shall try listening to all of them if not most of them.

Junius,instantly hooked on hearing a "word could kill her"

Speaking of Oceansize,they recently played in my hometown....probably a bad decision not checking them out?

Again,thank you very much for your post!

Starz

Yeah I saw Oceansize in London last Wednesday, quite dissapointing they were.

And if you get any Oceansize album, make sure it's Effloresce; it's a masterpiece

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Anyone heard of Kayo Dot? They've got a kinda post-rocky ambient thing going on. Plus a lot of other stuff. Really weird band.

Also, the other day my mom came into my room to tell me she was watching some crappy band (turned out to be The Decemberists, blech) on Austin City Limits and it said that Explosions in the Sky were gonna be on next. I was like "WTF OMFG BBQ!" and they were hell of badass. I'm still amazed that they were on TV. It may have been PBS, but still.

Nailec

Aereogramme
God Is An Astronaut
Below The Sea
The Evpatoria Report
Hammock
Immanu El
Jakob
Isis
Laura
Mono
Mydriasis
Oceansize
Rosetta
Stateless
Woven
Yndi Halda

add Pelican and Amplifier plz

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Pelican isn't post-rock.

More post-doom or post-metal.

justaphase

Aereogramme
God Is An Astronaut
Below The Sea
The Evpatoria Report
Hammock
Immanu El
Jakob
Isis
Laura
Mono
Mydriasis
Oceansize
Rosetta
Stateless
Woven
Yndi Halda

i'm actually great friend with woven and don't have their new ep yet haah yes i know what a waste, very great band honestly i met one of the drummers at a deftones listening party for snw last year.

DakkoN

Junius is amazing.... anyone want to put up a discography or some albums of them? Good shit from what I've heard

Nailec

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 29, 2007, 01:46 AM
Pelican isn't post-rock.

More post-doom or post-metal.

didnt know this would be a postrock list, since oceansize and isis are shown

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Hmm. Didn't notice. My bad.

Starz

Starz

Artist: Laura
Title: (Re)capitulate
Label: Alone Again Records
Genre: Instrumental Post-Rock

01. intro 02:11
02. it's kind of like the innocent smiles you get 04:37
03. we should keep this secret 03:17
04. radio swan is down (part 1) 05:09
05. fugitive 07:17
06. i hope 05:24
07. is there no help for the widow's son 08:31

Recorded live at the Hi Fi in Melbourne whilst on
tour with ISIS in February 2007. The release includes
live performances of tracks from their first two
albums Mapping Your Dreams(day001cd) and Radio Swan
is Down(day006cd) plus a brand new intro piece. Laura
are touring in Nov/Dec visiting Melbourne, Sydney,
Brisbane and Adelaide.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ctjly02nck3

yoda on mars

amazing stuff. sounds litle bit like Pink Floyd of the 21st century.

http://rapidshare.com/files/61971830/PUUUREREASON-third.rar

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I really wish I had a bigger hard drive. There's so much stuff in this thread that I want to download but just can't.

The†Sorrow

I found a lot of ambient bands but ill give out a few since i have most stored away in a hardrive.

The few i have found so far are.

The Radio Dept-Really try them out, the singer in this band reminds me a bit of Team Sleep, it is very calm music with a soft voice.

Hot Chip- Very interesting electro-pop, it is kind of down tempo music really. I would say if you like The Postal Service or some down-tempo kind of music with some creative beats to try Hot Chip.